+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medically Inadmissible Spouse for Sponsor

Mirage112

Mar 26, 2015
Hi,

My boyfriend, who’s been living in Canada for the last 6 years, just learned that his permanent residency application has been rejected based on medical inadmissibility (excessive demand).

I read that a spouse is exempted from medical inadmissibility. I was wondering if CIC will consider his medical inadmissibility (that has already been decided) if he applies under spouse sponsor.

We have been together for 4 years and it was a heartbreaking news. We are looking at all the possibilities.

Thank you.

momo2018

Jan 8, 2018
If you live together for more than one year, you can apply as common in law and then he should be exempt, to the best of my knowledge.

Reactions: jmc1974

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,

My boyfriend, who’s been living in Canada for the last 6 years, just learned that his permanent residency application has been rejected based on medical inadmissibility (excessive demand).

I read that a spouse is exempted from medical inadmissibility. I was wondering if CIC will consider his medical inadmissibility (that has already been decided) if he applies under spouse sponsor.

We have been together for 4 years and it was a heartbreaking news. We are looking at all the possibilities.

Thank you.
He would not be medically inadmissible if you sponsor him. Have you lived together continuously for a year?

Hkowl

Sep 18, 2019
Hi Mirage112,
Did you sponsor your boyfriend what is the result? We are also in same situation.

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Mirage112,
Did you sponsor your boyfriend what is the result? We are also in same situation.

Thank you
Sponsored spouses are not medically inadmissible based on the cost to treat any medical issues. They can be medically inadmissible for other reason, such as danger to public health or safety.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Hi,

Thank you.
What was the reason for medical admissibility? Did they give you specifics?