+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical

Aiza.J

Aug 23, 2022
Hi,
In my medical after x ray they required sputum test. I'm unable to give them sputum due to my pregnancy. How much delay I have to face?

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Either wait until new born arrives or seek this answer from your PP where you've done your medical or ask your family doctor abt this situation.

Aiza.J

Aug 23, 2022
Either wait until new born arrives or seek this answer from your PP where you've done your medical or ask your family doctor abt this situation.
Hi
Yesterday after 12 days of sputum test ircc sent letter for further medical examination. I'm scared

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Hi
Yesterday after 12 days of sputum test ircc sent letter for further medical examination. I'm scared
Hi, Don't be scared! it is just a test, you've gone through a sputum test before, it is a part of their investigation, but it doesn't mean they will reject your case for that reason. Just relax and pray that everything will go fine and it will be fine. InshAllah!

I think you did a smear test which result come out in a few days. Hope ur previous result of sputum would be negative. Try to get an update from your PP if you still have not asked for the result of your last sputum test.

Although I was so nervous when pp said that I may get a call for sputum after they took my chest X-ray, luckily I didn't get a call and my medical is now updated on the portal. but I have one friend here in this group who had the same situation as you. Instead of getting nervous, he was preaching to me to stay positive. So All you need to keep positivity with you and this happens to many applicants who asked for a sputum test, or furtherance letter n all especially after COVID-19. THIS PHASE TOO SHALL PASS!

Can you pls brief me on what test they asked you in the furtherance letter? it would be culture sputum and probably a CXR after 60 days if I am not wrong.

It is just a time-consuming thing and nothing to worry about. Go for the further test and get it done as soon as possible. you will be succeeded by the grace of God. My best wishes and prayers are with you!

Aiza.J

Aug 23, 2022
Hi, Don't be scared! it is just a test, you've gone through a sputum test before, it is a part of their investigation, but it doesn't mean they will reject your case for that reason. Just relax and pray that everything will go fine and it will be fine. InshAllah!

I think you did a smear test which result come out in a few days. Hope ur previous result of sputum would be negative. Try to get an update from your PP if you still have not asked for the result of your last sputum test.

Although I was so nervous when pp said that I may get a call for sputum after they took my chest X-ray, luckily I didn't get a call and my medical is now updated on the portal. but I have one friend here in this group who had the same situation as you. Instead of getting nervous, he was preaching to me to stay positive. So All you need to keep positivity with you and this happens to many applicants who asked for a sputum test, or furtherance letter n all especially after COVID-19. THIS PHASE TOO SHALL PASS!

Can you pls brief me on what test they asked you in the furtherance letter? it would be culture sputum and probably a CXR after 60 days if I am not wrong.

It is just a time-consuming thing and nothing to worry about. Go for the further test and get it done as soon as possible. you will be succeeded by the grace of God. My best wishes and prayers are with you!
I will update you soon. I mailed to iom about this and after getting appointment things will clear

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
I will update you soon. I mailed to iom about this and after getting appointment things will clear
I would love to help you in this regard in whatever way I could.. it's my wish and pray that you won't have to go through with sputum again, only an x-ray may be demanded. well, whatever be the case.. Just relax and complete the procedure. I'm sure things will turn out better for you.

Can you answer me that do you have any TB history or pulmonary infection ever in the past?
if you're not convenient to answer me here, you can drop your reply on my email as well .. i.e. jovirush@gmail.com
GOOD LUCK!

Aiza.J

Aug 23, 2022
I would love to help you in this regard in whatever way I could.. it's my wish and pray that you won't have to go through with sputum again, only an x-ray may be demanded. well, whatever be the case.. Just relax and complete the procedure. I'm sure things will turn out better for you.

Can you answer me that do you have any TB history or pulmonary infection ever in the past?
if you're not convenient to answer me here, you can drop your reply on my email as well .. i.e. jovirush@gmail.com
GOOD LUCK!
No not all any history of tb and any pulmonary infection. Regular cough and flu once or twice a year

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
No cough, iom lakore
Strange! that even u had no cough at the time of medical nor any tb history, still they found something suspicious and asked you for sputum.
I think there must have been something or else they wouldn't let you go for further tests. Did you ask your pp about your x-ray findings?

I'm still wondering about the cause which made you go through with additional tests.
if you had done your medical at IOM Khi, then I may ask one of the doctors over here for your details as I had some good association with one doc here.

Anyway! Let them do the procedure .. there might be something they doubt bcoz you are an expectant mother (carrying a child)
Don't bother it and Just go with the flow. it takes your bit of time but the end result would be in your favour. InshAllah!

Let me know when you get any response from IOM regarding the furtherance letter.
Cheerz!

Aiza.J

Aug 23, 2022
Strange! that even u had no cough at the time of medical nor any tb history, still they found something suspicious and asked you for sputum.
I think there must have been something or else they wouldn't let you go for further tests. Did you ask your pp about your x-ray findings?

I'm still wondering about the cause which made you go through with additional tests.
if you had done your medical at IOM Khi, then I may ask one of the doctors over here for your details as I had some good association with one doc here.

Anyway! Let them do the procedure .. there might be something they doubt bcoz you are an expectant mother (carrying a child)
Don't bother it and Just go with the flow. it takes your bit of time but the end result would be in your favour. InshAllah!

Let me know when you get any response from IOM regarding the furtherance letter.
Cheerz!
I will. IN SHA ALLAH

Reactions: Jovirush

Jovirush

Star Member
Aug 26, 2022
Hi
IOM responded today. No further appointment needed. They have already given me next x ray appointment and that's sufficient.
Great .. Congratulations!
As expected they just asked for a repeat X-ray and hopefully, it will be done in a week or so... when your net x-ray is scheduled?