+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Update?

Baljeet Seniwal

Nov 1, 2021
Hello everyone

I am facing a strange problem. I have applied for SOWP (25th March 2022) for my wife and received a medical request from IRCC on 21st July 2022.
My wife got her medical done on 26th July 2022. Hospital staff says that they have forwarded her medical reports to IRCC but until now we are not able to see an update on my wife's GCkey account.

Is it normal? If not what should we do?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone

I am facing a strange problem. I have applied for SOWP (25th March 2022) for my wife and received a medical request from IRCC on 21st July 2022.
My wife got her medical done on 26th July 2022. Hospital staff says that they have forwarded her medical reports to IRCC but until now we are not able to see an update on my wife's GCkey account.

Is it normal? If not what should we do?
Usually a medical panel update the reports within a day or so, check with them if they had uploaded them or not. Sometimes that can be a human error.

Baljeet Seniwal

Nov 1, 2021
Usually a medical panel update the reports within a day or so, check with them if they had uploaded them or not. Sometimes that can be a human error.
We called the hospital 2 times and they mentioned that from their end the reports have been sent to IRCC.
And when we check the GCKEY account. The medical is not yet updated

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
We called the hospital 2 times and they mentioned that from their end the reports have been sent to IRCC.
And when we check the GCKEY account. The medical is not yet updated
In that case give it a couple of days for update. These days lots of visitor visa are being processed in Canada maybe that could be a reason for delay.

Baljeet Seniwal

Nov 1, 2021
Are you inland or outland? As here in Canada medical panel usually give a paper with all your details and a barcode once medical is done and you need to upload that in your account.
I am in Canada and my wife is in India. She received a letter from the hospital that we can only submit to Ircc through webforms. Maybe it is a good idea to wait for 1 week. Then call and check with the clinic if everything is ok.

Baljeet Seniwal

Nov 1, 2021
Are you inland or outland? As here in Canada medical panel usually give a paper with all your details and a barcode once medical is done and you need to upload that in your account.
IRCC updated the medical. It took like 15-16 days to update but it was updated this evening. So everything seems ok now.:)
Thanks Taran :)