Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Dear Jai,

Good to know the details.

My kid is 3 years old now. I am really worried about the landing. So far I haven't received my passports back with visa. There are persons waiting for more than 6 months after sending passports for stamping but not yet received back.If the same happens to me also I should land with my family in winter which will be really tough?

How about the rent of the house?

Is there any advance required?

Do we need to enter rental agreement?

How is job hunting going on?

Any support required pl let me inform. My friend has returned to Edmonton. He is really supportive.

jai.ganesh said:
Hi,

The flight cost me 1.4L I took a one way. The prepaid card is available only here but be prepared the charges are :eek:. The weather is harsh here in winter it is usually below minus ten CELCIUS. I have rented a home close to a school as I thought that would take part of the burden away from getting the kids to school and back.

Hope I have covered everything. Keep in touch.

Regards,

Jai

rhwf_12

Jan 9, 2013
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-03-2012
AOR Received.
29-03-2012
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
22-04-2012
Med's Request
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
03-09-2012
Passport Req..
01-08-2012
VISA ISSUED...
09-01-2013
LANDED..........
Not yet
jai.ganesh said:
Hi,

The flight cost me 1.4L I took a one way. The prepaid card is available only here but be prepared the charges are :eek:. The weather is harsh here in winter it is usually below minus ten CELCIUS. I have rented a home close to a school as I thought that would take part of the burden away from getting the kids to school and back.

Hope I have covered everything. Keep in touch.

Regards,

Jai
Hi Jai sir,

congrats for ur settlement. i want to ask you a couple of questions.

i have not received passports yet from NDVO, just asking for planning

1) which flight did u take....
2) for how many persons did it cost 1.4L....

Best of luck
Regards,

geeyes

Dec 9, 2012
Kerala,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Doc's Request.
16/09/2010
AOR Received.
16/09/2010
IELTS Request
31/08/2010
File Transfer...
15/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
27/11/2012
Interview........
Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Hi rhwf,

Pl read the travel experience of Jai.

rhwf_12 said:
Hi Jai sir,

congrats for ur settlement. i want to ask you a couple of questions.

i have not received passports yet from NDVO, just asking for planning

1) which flight did u take....
2) for how many persons did it cost 1.4L....

Best of luck
Regards,

V

visheshmalhotra13

Hi,

I was in MT profession while i was in India for 11 years. I am not working as MT now but would be willing to connect. You can email me at vishesh.malhotra@ymail.com. There are not a lot of MT jobs in offices, but you can find home-based work (not very easily though) as most of the work is editing. A few companies are here like Mmodal, Accentus, Terra Nova who hire home based.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,
Vishesh

V

visheshmalhotra13

It usually takes 40-45 days for PPs to come back with visa stamped after you send your medicals and PPs. Everything will be alright.

Regarding coming in winter, it is not that much of a problem. When my son came here, (my son was 3-1/2 yrs at that time) it was September end and weather is not that bad at that time and kids usually get accustomed easily.

Thanks,
Vish

geeyes said:
Dear Jai,

Good to know the details.

My kid is 3 years old now. I am really worried about the landing. So far I haven't received my passports back with visa. There are persons waiting for more than 6 months after sending passports for stamping but not yet received back.If the same happens to me also I should land with my family in winter which will be really tough?

How about the rent of the house?

Is there any advance required?

Do we need to enter rental agreement?

How is job hunting going on?

Any support required pl let me inform. My friend has returned to Edmonton. He is really supportive.

geeyes

Dec 9, 2012
Kerala,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Doc's Request.
16/09/2010
AOR Received.
16/09/2010
IELTS Request
31/08/2010
File Transfer...
15/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
27/11/2012
Interview........
Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Dear Vishesh,

Good to know about you. thanks for your support.

As per my friends suggestion my wife has joined for MT Training and I hope that she may complete the course before we leave to Canada. The courses finishes in June-13.

What about the chances for MT Provincial wise?

Is their any further course to be attended before pursuing for jobs in Canada?

Is their any connectivity between MT and Medical Secretary jobs?

visheshmalhotra13 said:
Hi,

I was in MT profession while i was in India for 11 years. I am not working as MT now but would be willing to connect. You can email me at vishesh.malhotra @ ymail.com. There are not a lot of MT jobs in offices, but you can find home-based work (not very easily though) as most of the work is editing. A few companies are here like Mmodal, Accentus, Terra Nova who hire home based.

Hope this helps a bit.

Regards,
Vishesh

geeyes

Dec 9, 2012
Kerala,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Doc's Request.
16/09/2010
AOR Received.
16/09/2010
IELTS Request
31/08/2010
File Transfer...
15/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
27/11/2012
Interview........
Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Hi Vishesh,

Latest trend is that people are receiving PP's with visa back in 6-7 months.

I hope that my son will also be adaptable to climate.

I I can land in June,I may get atleast 4-5 months before climate turned into winter.

Any way lets hope for the best.

What do you suggest in MT? Home based or job?

visheshmalhotra13 said:
It usually takes 40-45 days for PPs to come back with visa stamped after you send your medicals and PPs. Everything will be alright.

Regarding coming in winter, it is not that much of a problem. When my son came here, (my son was 3-1/2 yrs at that time) it was September end and weather is not that bad at that time and kids usually get accustomed easily.

Thanks,
Vish

V

visheshmalhotra13

Well Good luck for your visa.

I would not suggest MT home-based as it is going to just give you hardly basic wage which is 10 dollars an hour. If one can get a job in an office, that is good as you get other benefits like medical, dental etc. But for doing MT in an office or homebased you should be experienced and should be able to submit your work directly (I am not sure how much you wife can learn just in training). Med secretary is different that MT. you have to do a course here which is around one year and you can get a job easily. Health professions are in demand. I am not sure what your wife's qualification is but here in canada you can do some prerequisities and take admission in a course easily. There are not a lot of MT jobs in the market except a few home based but again you need experience to do that.

Other thing can be that one can stay home and take care of kids and do MT from home,that would make sense instead of going out for a job.

You can email me at vishesh130980@yahoo.ca and i will happily reply and questions you might have. I might not continue on this forum as there are people who ask for advice and then argue on things which they do not know.

TC,
Vish

geeyes said:
Hi Vishesh,

Latest trend is that people are receiving PP's with visa back in 6-7 months.

I hope that my son will also be adaptable to climate.

I I can land in June,I may get atleast 4-5 months before climate turned into winter.

Any way lets hope for the best.

What do you suggest in MT? Home based or job?

geeyes

Dec 9, 2012
Kerala,India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Doc's Request.
16/09/2010
AOR Received.
16/09/2010
IELTS Request
31/08/2010
File Transfer...
15/06/2010
Med's Request
08/11/2012
Med's Done....
27/11/2012
Interview........
Waived by god's grace
Passport Req..
08/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/02/2013
LANDED..........
JUNE-2013
Hi Vishesh,

Thanks for your prompt and immediate reply.

I can understand.

I will email you.

Once again.

Thanx

visheshmalhotra13 said:
Well Good luck for your visa.

I would not suggest MT home-based as it is going to just give you hardly basic wage which is 10 dollars an hour. If one can get a job in an office, that is good as you get other benefits like medical, dental etc. But for doing MT in an office or homebased you should be experienced and should be able to submit your work directly (I am not sure how much you wife can learn just in training). Med secretary is different that MT. you have to do a course here which is around one year and you can get a job easily. Health professions are in demand. I am not sure what your wife's qualification is but here in canada you can do some prerequisities and take admission in a course easily. There are not a lot of MT jobs in the market except a few home based but again you need experience to do that.

Other thing can be that one can stay home and take care of kids and do MT from home,that would make sense instead of going out for a job.

You can email me at vishesh130980 @ yahoo.ca and i will happily reply and questions you might have. I might not continue on this forum as there are people who ask for advice and then argue on things which they do not know.

TC,
Vish

jai.ganesh

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2011
Doc's Request.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012 ecas updated om Sep 7 2012
Interview........
Hopefully wiaved
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi Geeyes,

Sorry got busy with the new place. Have rented a house now. I have also secured a job Shift supervisor in KFC and will be starting by next week. Rentals are less in the downtown area, once you land try there. I selected the NW area where I had one of my friend. I plan to move out once I get used to the place and I buy a car. My work is very near to my home and also I have a school just below my apartment so that is an advantage for me right now.

As for the flight, the cost was for two adults with a kid. For a new comer some landlords will ask for around 3 months rent in advance, some might not. Try to search in Kijiji with the term asians and indians. Also try to visit indian shops there where they usually put rentals on notice boards that should help. As for the MT jobs, what Vishees has said is true opportunities for them are not very much. However, depending on your circumstances you may need to choose a basic job that will secure your day to day cost and then decide on moving on. Without a job each day is a money drainer here(just my feeling and I am telling you to be careful).

Keep in touch and all the best for your visa.

Jai
geeyes said:
Hi rhwf,

Pl read the travel experience of Jai.

knight12

Aug 26, 2012
I am a doctor from India (MBBS) .
Now I am preparing for licencing exams. Can you please tell me how to join a medical transcription job here in Canada ? Please reply

Regards

jai.ganesh

Star Member
Feb 25, 2011
London
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2011
Doc's Request.
25-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-01-2012
Med's Request
09-01-2012
Med's Done....
24-01-2012 ecas updated om Sep 7 2012
Interview........
Hopefully wiaved
Passport Req..
09-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2012
LANDED..........
Jan 2013
Hi,

I tried the same thing for my wife. However, medical transcription is not done seperately here. You need to double up as a secretary. Having said that it does not mean that you do to have any positions for home based work, they are far apart. Be careful when applying for such companies as my wife applied for one and we later found that they never pay after making you do the work!!!

We are still searching. Depending on where you land there may be chances of getting general jobs that you can take for meeting your living expenses(be prepared mentally). The jobs are not usually great but they help you to survive until you are able to go back to your profession.

You can message me if you want any further info.

Regards,

Jai

knight12 said:
I am a doctor from India (MBBS) .
Now I am preparing for licencing exams. Can you please tell me how to join a medical transcription job here in Canada ? Please reply

Regards

Jul 5, 2013
You’ve chosen the right profession! It's productive and allows you the flexibility work from home! If your wife wishes to continue her training here, she should check out Career Step Canada which offers online training for medical transcription so she can even study from home.

janetkissho

Dec 16, 2013
oh this is a great opportunity for everyone, I will surely let my friends know about this so that they can avail this chance too. I have samples here of my work.

kebled91

Jun 20, 2017
Hi!

I'm Kevin from the Philippines. I am a registered nurse here in the Philippines, and I am planning to study MT course in NAIT. will it be worth it? and after getting my diploma/certificate is it easy to find a job nowadays as MT that will give you working permit later on for me to stay? Thank you!