+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical surveillance inside Canada

VVPR

Jan 17, 2023
Hi, I have received medical surveillance after applying for PR inside Canada (currently on work permit). ITA received in Sep 2022, AOR received in Nov 2022 and Medical surveillance email received in Jan 2022. In the email its written I will get a letter of assessment from TB Toronto unit post which I can go to a doctor and get the required tests done. The TB nurse is saying that the letter of assessment can take many months as there are huge backlogs. My question is - does my PR application processing get delayed until my medical surveillance is completed? Is there a way to expedite the letter of assessment from Toronto health or is there any other thing I can do to quicken the process? Basically I need a physician referral letter from Toronto TB to take to my family doctor. I already have OHIP since I have been in Canada on WP for more than a year.

Reactions: abseven

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi, I have received medical surveillance after applying for PR inside Canada (currently on work permit). ITA received in Sep 2022, AOR received in Nov 2022 and Medical surveillance email received in Jan 2022. In the email its written I will get a letter of assessment from TB Toronto unit post which I can go to a doctor and get the required tests done. The TB nurse is saying that the letter of assessment can take many months as there are huge backlogs. My question is - does my PR application processing get delayed until my medical surveillance is completed? Is there a way to expedite the letter of assessment from Toronto health or is there any other thing I can do to quicken the process? Basically I need a physician referral letter from Toronto TB to take to my family doctor. I already have OHIP since I have been in Canada on WP for more than a year.
Yes it will be, until and unless you had first appointment with provincial health services. They will contact you depending upon their wait time so no need to call them they won't listen. When you receive a call from them make sure to attend the intial meeting. That moment you will be asked for blood works, skin test and sputum test. After 3 days of sputum result, the doc will decide to put you on 6 months or 12 months medication process. After this appointment they will send a letter to IRCC that you complied with the process. Then IRCC will send ypu an undertaking form, you will sign it and send it back and then you will get golden email.

VVPR

Jan 17, 2023
Yes it will be, until and unless you had first appointment with provincial health services. They will contact you depending upon their wait time so no need to call them they won't listen. When you receive a call from them make sure to attend the intial meeting. That moment you will be asked for blood works, skin test and sputum test. After 3 days of sputum result, the doc will decide to put you on 6 months or 12 months medication process. After this appointment they will send a letter to IRCC that you complied with the process. Then IRCC will send ypu an undertaking form, you will sign it and send it back and then you will get golden email.
Thanks Taran for answering. One thing I don't understand is that for applicants outside Canada, medical surveillance is given along with PR, so why does IRCC penalize inland applicants by delaying their PR applications. Also had one follow up question - if we know the tests to be done, can we get these done ourselves (OHIP or out of pocket) to quicken the PR process?

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Thanks Taran for answering. One thing I don't understand is that for applicants outside Canada, medical surveillance is given along with PR, so why does IRCC penalize inland applicants by delaying their PR applications. Also had one follow up question - if we know the tests to be done, can we get these done ourselves (OHIP or out of pocket) to quicken the PR process?
Yes I know its a pain. We guys contribute so much directly, living here for a while, is quite familiar with Canada directly as compared to outland still not worth.
No you can't since the provincial doctor will take care of the treatment and they are the one who would be sending the compliance letter to IRCC.

abseven

Oct 2, 2021
Hello Brother, I've sent you a message, please check your messages!