+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Surveillance and PR card

Feb 14, 2010
hope some one can share his/her experiences regarding the medical surveillance.

We are planning to land by August for 20 days only , is it possible to finish this medical surveillance in that period. Just in case you havent finish it, are they going to issue a PR card?

is it a pre requisite for a person with history of PTB to undergo medical surveillance first before they issue a PR card?

hope you can enlighten me....

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnertocanada said:

We are planning to land by August for 20 days only , is it possible to finish this medical surveillance in that period. Just in case you havent finish it, are they going to issue a PR card?

is it a pre requisite for a person with history of PTB to undergo medical surveillance first before they issue a PR card?

Generally speaking, it takes about a month or so to receive the PRC upon landing. Since you are staying for 20 days only, make sure you have someone to receive your PR Card and deliver to you.

Feb 14, 2010
thank you for your reply. Anyway, yes there is someone who will receive our PR card. But my concern is about the medical surveillance.... do you think they will issue me the PR card if the medical surveillance is not completed at that time..

hmisabpk

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
winnertocanada said:
thank you for your reply. Anyway, yes there is someone who will receive our PR card. But my concern is about the medical surveillance.... do you think they will issue me the PR card if the medical surveillance is not completed at that time..

Hi,

Winnertocanada,

They will issue the PR card, there is no problem but for medical surveillance you have to report after arrival within 30 days to the person in charge for medical surveillance the numbers are on your form with instructions (for each province).
Than they will advice you to report personally to Health Center to have some test and x-ray (it is better to bring the old x-rays with you so the doctor can compare with new one) after getting your OHIP card which is usually taking 90 days (3month time).

If you wish to travel back before completing the medical surveillance it will create many problems while you need to come back again they may refuse to allow or they may ask the complete medical to be done again and wait for the clearance from immigration department.

It is not wise to leave the Canada without completing the Medical Surveillance requirement.

My opinion you or the person who have to report medical surveillance must stay for the period at least 4-6 months to complete the all requirements.

Hope it will help you to better plan for landing.

Wish you all the best for new life in Canada

HMISABPK

S

shibuya

What is a medical surveillance?

A medical surveillance is a procedure places an immigrant with certain type of previous diseases under a program that would monitor their conditions upon arrival in Canada. It is necessary to help these immigrants to maintain their own health, and protects their family members and people in Canada.

What are the medical conditions that require a medical surveillance ?

Immigrants will be placed under medical surveillance if the results of their immigration medical examination for entry to Canada showed that they have:

- inactive tuberculosis (TB) or

- evidence of a previous syphilis infection that has been treated prior to entering Canada.

What is the procedure for medical surveillance?

Immigrants who will require medical surveillance will receive a Medical Surveillance Undertaking Form IMM 0535 and a Medical Surveillance Handout that provide instructions and telephone numbers for contacting public health authorities. They must report to a public health authority within 30 days after entering Canada.

If they are already living in Canada, they are required to report to a public health authority within 30 days after the medical surveillance handout.

Upon entry to Canada, Port of Entry personnel will send copies of any IMM 0535 forms to the Medical Surveillance Unit (MSU) so that provincial and territorial health authorities are made aware of the arrival of immigrants that require medical surveillance.

cessiewessie

Jul 19, 2011
winnertocanada said:

hi winnertocanada, have you already landed?.. how was your landing experience, was there another line for those immigrants having medical surveillance?..

Need some of your inputs.. thank you so much