+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"Medical Results have been recived" and after how many days you got ppr guys??

sinpguy

Jul 3, 2011
Saskatoon
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2011
Nomination.....
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
25-07-2011 (by email)
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
02-08-2011
Med's Done....
16-08-2011
Passport Req..
01-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
01-01-2012
LANDED..........
20-01-2012
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/pia-global.asp

nik.p.us

Jul 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th april 2011
Med's Done....
22 sep 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
Fenster said:
I've been following this thread as a "lurker" for a few months now.

My timeline is something like this

Application received May 10th 2011
Medicals received Oct 28th 2011

I'm almost sure it used to say "We began processing your application Nov xxth" but this doesn't seem to be there any more. Not sure why. I think it happened during the "Great Update of Dec 17th" Did this happen to anyone else?

Anyway, first off, I would suggest that people who are within a year of applying and haven't received PPR yet calm down. Surely, when this process kicked off you were all expecting the year processing time.....I know I was advised of that anyway. I realise that some of you have family etc depending on you so I understand your anxiety but bothering Catherine Bailey is not going to help nor is worrying.

Secondly, I would also advise against checking your emails/forum every day. It won't speed up anything except your worries. Try just chilling out and getting on with your lives. It'll come when it comes. Trust me, I want the PPR as much if not more than everyone but just try to put things in perspective ya know.

Best of luck to everyone and congrats to everyone who received PPR so far.

i have the almost same time line like you....i have applied on 22 ndApril and status show they recived on May 12th......medical reach to ottawa on oct 12th.....and still i did not get any reply from buffalo or any status update........i do not how long it will take?.....now i do not have patience....how long it will take....

seruj

Jan 13, 2012
can anybody plz give me da email for catherine in buffalo.......im a dec 2010 applicant still waiting ppr !!! thanks in advance

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
nik.p.us said:
i have the almost same time line like you....i have applied on 22 ndApril and status show they recived on May 12th......medical reach to ottawa on oct 12th.....and still i did not get any reply from buffalo or any status update........i do not how long it will take?.....now i do not have patience....how long it will take....
I haven't a clue how long it will take dude. No one does. It could be a week for us or it could be another 6 months. We have seen that people on this site who applied in Dec 2010 are still waiting. It says on the cic website that it's currently taking 14 months to fully process an application. People here seem to be expecting to get it within a few months though......maybe you guys have been advised differently to what I was but I was told that it would be about a year long process. Am I missing something or wrong in that assumption? I consider the ones that have gotten it within a few months to be extremely lucky.

Have patience man......worrying is like a rocking chair, it'll give you something to do but it won't get you anywhere :)

nik.p.us

Jul 1, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th april 2011
Med's Done....
22 sep 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
Fenster said:
I haven't a clue how long it will take dude. No one does. It could be a week for us or it could be another 6 months. We have seen that people on this site who applied in Dec 2010 are still waiting. It says on the cic website that it's currently taking 14 months to fully process an application. People here seem to be expecting to get it within a few months though......maybe you guys have been advised differently to what I was but I was told that it would be about a year long process. Am I missing something or wrong in that assumption? I consider the ones that have gotten it within a few months to be extremely lucky.

Have patience man......worrying is like a rocking chair, it'll give you something to do but it won't get you anywhere :)
Thank you so much fenster for your advice.....

seruj

Jan 13, 2012
Fenster said:

so what does processing time mean.....my status states that they started processing my application nov 2011.....sp do i count 14 months after that date ...or its 14 months after buffalo received my application which is dec 2010 ???!!! good luck everybody...

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
seruj said:
so what does processing time mean.....my status states that they started processing my application nov 2011.....sp do i count 14 months after that date ...or its 14 months after buffalo received my application which is dec 2010 ???!!! good luck everybody...
This is normally counted from the day Buffalo received your application. For your case, it will be from Dec, 2010. 14-month long processing time will end in March, 2012.

For all other recent applicants who are saying that they've lost patience, tired/sick of waiting etc., please look at the current PR processing time of Buffalo. When you applied first, you should have been aware of that. If you are lucky, you may get it lot quicker; but please don't brag about it when you see there are Nov/Dec (2010), Jan/Feb (2011) applicants still waiting for their PPR. Thanks.

At the end, we all hope to get our PPR soon. Good luck to everyone.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I first applied, Buffalo's processing time was 11 months. So rest assured after 11 months has passed and I dont get PR, I will straight up be sick and tired of waiting because 11 months is the timeline I had in mind. The anxiety doesnt stem from the long processing BUT the fact that we are seeing so many people who applied in September and October are getting PR and there r still people from 2010 who hasnt received PR. So dont u realise there is something significantly wrong with this picture?

You are not in the position so you dont know how it feels and its very easy to say be patient.

TRUONGAN

Nov 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CIO Received Oct 9 2012
AOR Received.
Nov 26 2012
Med's Request
Nov 29 2012
Med's Done....
December 8 2012
Interview........
In process Feb 12 2013
Passport Req..
March 27 2013
saka101 said:
When I first applied, Buffalo's processing time was 11 months. So rest assured after 11 months has passed and I dont get PR, I will straight up be sick and tired of waiting because 11 months is the timeline I had in mind. The anxiety doesnt stem from the long processing BUT the fact that we are seeing so many people who applied in September and October are getting PR and there r still people from 2010 who hasnt received PR. So dont u realise there is something significantly wrong with this picture?

You are not in the position so you dont know how it feels and its very easy to say be patient.
Seconded. I agree with you. Even I was one of the lucky guys I still feel it is unfair and there is something wrong here to see quite a few people got PPR after 3-4 months. I don't look at it as Buffalo' progress, rather a mess in how they process files in order of receipt, especially with Ottawa CPO involvement, things seem to be getting more and more messed up. If they want to expedite, they should have completed older cases first. That is the basis that even an elementary students would know - first come first serve is the culture here in Canada.

I understand your feeling and wish you best.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRUONGAN said:
Seconded. I agree with you. Even I was one of the lucky guys I still feel it is unfair and there is something wrong here to see quite a few people got PPR after 3-4 months. I don't look at it as Buffalo' progress, rather a mess in how they process files in order of receipt, especially with Ottawa CPO involvement, things seem to be getting more and more messed up. If they want to expedite, they should have completed older cases first. That is the basis that even an elementary students would know - first come first serve is the culture here in Canada.

I understand your feeling and wish you best.
Thanks Truongan,

It is a royal mess and yes we are aware that there will be files that will be alot 'easier' to process than others but getting ppr within 3-4 months while others r waiting 14 months just doesnt cut it.

With that said, how is life as a PPR???

samooo

Star Member
Jun 2, 2011
saka101 said:
Thanks Truongan,

It is a royal mess and yes we are aware that there will be files that will be alot 'easier' to process than others but getting ppr within 3-4 months while others r waiting 14 months just doesnt cut it.

With that said, how is life as a PPR???
im a december apllicant too and still waiting for ppr ,,they rec my medical xxam on 10 augest ,, :'(

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
saka101 said:

When you applied in March, 2011; the timeline wasn't probably 11 months. If I remember it correctly, it was already either 12 or 13 months.

Moreover, as far as I know, even if you applied before timeline increased, you will still fall under current timeline. CIC timelines are based on the average processing time recorded in last 12 months and updated in every 3 months. By saying that I mean CIC is not bound to process everything within the timeline as it says every case in unique.

Coming to the term "first come first serve", I realize that applicants will be served based on their application submission date. "Serve" doesn't mean (to me) producing final result (i.e. PPR). Your file goes into further processing later, especially secutiry checks etc. If it's delayed by CSIS (for example); then Buffalo has to stop every other applicant's file in cue in order to implement "first come first serve" and give you PPR no matter how long it takes.

I'm not in a position but I was in past. I seriously looked from late 2010 applicants' perspective who are still waiting eagerly for their PPR. But you gave the example of 2011 Sept/Oct applicants whose files got expedited. There must be new CIC policies under which files are moving to Ottawa-CPP-O in which past applicants may not fall. If the policy took place in action in July, 2011 (for example); a March-2011 applicant will not be counted. I don't find anything wrong with it as Canada is a policy-based country and it updates every year or even every quarter of the year.

You have every right to know what's going on. People here may help you with their experiences/ thoughts. But think about those applicants who applied in 2010 and still waiting for their decision before writing "I'm sick of waiting" when you applied few months back (not particularly refering to your case). I said it in general since I'm coming to this forum if I can be of any help and seeing cases like this every day.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
saka101 said:

I am in a position to say that we should be patient since I am waiting myself. Not as long as some others maybe but longer than some others. It's fair enough that you are sick and tired of waiting if they quoted you 11 months. I think everyone gets sick and tired of waiting about a week after sending the application :D :D :D . We are all in this together man. My point is, that yes the current system is unfair on many of us, but there is absolutely nothing, zero, zilch that we can do about it except sit and wait and while we are doing this, it's better to keep in a positive frame of mind rather than getting annoyed at the system.

I was in a similar frame of mind to yourself a while back. I put it down to me constantly checking this forum/emails. I realised that it was only getting on my nerves and getting me pissed off because I was seeing so many people getting PPR and I was sitting twiddling my thumbs, waiting. So now I only go on the forum on my days off. Might help some people here. I completely understand your anger and frustration dude and sympathise with anyone that is waiting longer than they thought they would be.

saka101

Mar 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Before running to bash me, you should read what I said and understand where I am coming from! I said the anxiety does not particularly come from the long processing...when I applied I was fully aware and programmed myself to accept the fact that my application will be process not less than a year. But, when I started seeing people getting PR within 3 months, ofcourse it is human to question and worry and wonder 'okay what is going on with my application'.

I specifically made mention of the 2010 applicants who are still waiting while people who applied in September 2011 are getting PR! And yes March and April applicants included.

I am not going to get into any argument on a forum, but I will say this : who feels it knows. How easy it is for u to say be patient and whatever...umm u got ur PR within 8 months, did u have to wait as long as others?! Who knows if u were on the waiting train right now like late 2010 applicants and early 2011 applicants, you wouldnt be playing the 'i'm sick and tired of waiting' line....

I am fully aware that having PR is a priviledge and not a right and like I said in my previous post, I KNOW that every application will be processed differently based on nationality, name, security and whatever --I KNOW THAT. Everyone is different! You may be a patient person, but probably others arent???

canada savior

Mar 10, 2011
Gentlemen FYI I'm a Sept 2010 applicant under US-H1B visa AINP and still waiting for the PPR. For me patience is not an issue. what may concern is our medical will expire on May,
4 months from now. I don't want to spend another $ on my pocket on this. We are total of five on my application. What I understand that buffalo will take time go give you the PPR if you have more dependents than a single applicant. For me it's fine to wait longer as long as your approve than to wait for nothing.