+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical request issue

biofox

Oct 2, 2013
My wife applied for TRV in September through VFS . We went on checking the application status online through vfs website and after a wait for more than 40 days we contacted high commission and they replied 2 days back saying that medical was already sent during mid September and they are waiting for our response . Vfs did not inform us anything about this. Also they are asking to contact the high commission as they don't possess it . So my questions are

1) How much time we have to submit the medical report once we receive the request. is it 30 or 60 days ?
2) As we have already gone over 30 days (because we didn't receive the official request letter) is it fine to write to them for re-sending the letter online by email and request for an extension .?
3) Where exactly is the medical request letter sent normally . Is it to Vfs ?

Is there any experienced guys who can help me by answering these

Thanks

fanaticsin

Oct 28, 2013
My wife got the exact same response two days back for her TRV application filed in late August. We have 60 days to submit medical reports. Not sure what to do now. Have written to the Embassy requesting the medical request letter.

Thinking of going ahead and getting the upfront medical done and submitting that with the file number. 60 days are almost over and I am a little nervous. VFS has said they are not in the loop anymore. If anyone else has been in the same situation, please share how you experience

mztariq

Oct 23, 2013
biofox said:
My wife applied for TRV in September through VFS . We went on checking the application status online through vfs website and after a wait for more than 40 days we contacted high commission and they replied 2 days back saying that medical was already sent during mid September and they are waiting for our response . Vfs did not inform us anything about this. Also they are asking to contact the high commission as they don't possess it . So my questions are

1) How much time we have to submit the medical report once we receive the request. is it 30 or 60 days ?
2) As we have already gone over 30 days (because we didn't receive the official request letter) is it fine to write to them for re-sending the letter online by email and request for an extension .?
3) Where exactly is the medical request letter sent normally . Is it to Vfs ?

Is there any experienced guys who can help me by answering these

Thanks
Did you provided them with your email address when you filled your forms ? if you did go check you email. also check the spam folder. They usually send medical request through emails if you have provided email address.

biofox

Oct 2, 2013
I emailed high commission on Monday , now they replied sending me the form IMM1017E and the instructions. I have 60 days to respond as you mentioned but I would like to get the medicals done within a week. Is it safe to book flight ticket at this point for a date towards end of November?

moe2011

Star Member
Dec 21, 2011
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/04/2011
Med's Request
20/07/2011
Passport Req..
15/10/2011
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2011
LANDED..........
16-06-2012
it is arrived in the spam folder, happen to me after 2 months waiting and waste of time, the embassy sent the email again but after a long wait.