+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical request even though I gave the medical

Gunin

Sep 16, 2021
Hey! So basically I applied for study permit from outside Canada. I submitted my application on 14th August. I then went to give my medical on 31st august. On 9th September I got a notification from the IRCC account that they have issued an IMM1017E for me to give medical. I have already given the medical but before I got the IME number. What should I do? Also the IME number on e-medical information sheet is different from the one on IMM1017E. So what should I do? I have already used web form and attached a PDF of e-medical along with IMM1017E. Will the issue be resolved or should I go and give the medical again?

Esporte321

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
The information you provided through web-form should be sufficient. Hope you also sent by web-form an explanation letter. If you made the medical examination before the IMM1017, you made the upfront medical exam. IRCC website states [1]:

"If you took an upfront medical exam
You must include a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form that the doctor gave you after your exam. If the doctor works with eMedical, they’ll give you an information sheet print out.

You must attach that form to your paper application. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application."

[1] https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html

Gunin

Sep 16, 2021
The information you provided through web-form should be sufficient. Hope you also sent by web-form an explanation letter. If you made the medical examination before the IMM1017, you made the upfront medical exam. IRCC website states [1]:

"If you took an upfront medical exam
You must include a copy of the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form that the doctor gave you after your exam. If the doctor works with eMedical, they’ll give you an information sheet print out.

You must attach that form to your paper application. If you apply online, you must upload that form before you can submit your application."

[1] https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-temporary-residents.html
I didn’t attach a letter but I gave the description in the space provided

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Hey! So basically I applied for study permit from outside Canada. I submitted my application on 14th August. I then went to give my medical on 31st august. On 9th September I got a notification from the IRCC account that they have issued an IMM1017E for me to give medical. I have already given the medical but before I got the IME number. What should I do? Also the IME number on e-medical information sheet is different from the one on IMM1017E. So what should I do? I have already used web form and attached a PDF of e-medical along with IMM1017E. Will the issue be resolved or should I go and give the medical again?
In the placeholder opened for you to upload your medicals, upload the e-medical sheet of from your already completed medicals and add a LOE stating you already completed it.

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi , did you send the old medical and they accept your old medical or you did a new medical?
Please share the details.