+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical re-done... how long?

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
My husband is re-doing his medical today (as requested by his processing Visa office). Does anyone know how long it takes for the results to be sent from the DMP to them? And once received, does processing of the file resume immediately?

boujasim

Nov 12, 2008
it really depends from office to office but why he is redoing his medicals? u just sent the application 2 months ago,the meds are valid for a year!

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
It's an interesting question. When I did mine in London, the DMP emailed me a few days later with a mail tracking ID so I could see that it was sent to the London visa office. But it didn't show up on e-Cas until 4 months later (1 month after they started processing my file).

I'm not sure if that means it takes a while to process the medical, or if they were just slow in updating e-Cas.

msgomez

Star Member
Dec 5, 2008
Canada
Thanks both of you for your replies!

boujasim, I hope all is well with you! My husband originally did his medicals a little early in May of last year since we didn't anticipate all the other delays we experienced so his will be expiring next month. The embassy called and said that they needed him to re-do it siince they can't issue a visa if it's expiring. I don't know if this is good news?

So in a nutshell that's where we're at right now.

nabs

Nov 30, 2008
Hi Msgomez,

Well this is a positive sign indeed coz they are processing on ur file and normally ask to re-do the medical when its expired. Same happend to me and right after 3 weeks of medical redone they have made a decision on my application and now just waiting for the mail. My case is being processed in London.

Best of luck.

Nabs

yasi

Mar 23, 2009
Hey congratulates

well after how long does ur case took altogether and when u gona expect a letter from CIC?
This is a good news like an other member EMMY in this form has got the decision and m the third one having the same case like u guys.

well EMMY got decision without interview and about me my back ground chks are done before interview so wot u say will they waive interview if bck groung sec chks are done?

thnx buddy

nabs

Nov 30, 2008
Hi,

I cant really say about the duration of your case coz i really didnt even know about mine but it took 11 months to my case. I have received a passport request this monday and now today i m going to drop it off in person.

Best of luck to you and dont be worried inshallah everything will go fine.

Regards.

Nabs