03-07-2012
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
24-9-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
Hello,
I have sent my aplication beginning of march to cic, I'm applying with my domestic partner (girlfriend) trough Manitoba province nomenee.
my app was complete except for a background check of one of the countries I lived in.
I just got an email requesting the medicals... wow, that was fast!
I have 2 questions, first I was under the impression that they will request the medicals at the end of the process, and will request the missing background check and any other document the might need before hand, I have the missing backgroud check now, what should I do? should I be proactive and send it or just wait for them to request it?
the second question is we just found out my girlfriend is pregnant and we wont be able to complete the medicals for about 9 months... so what do we do??? is there a time limit to do the medicals? should we write a letter to cic explaining why we cant do it now?
We are not in a rush to finnish the process but I do not want to gerpadize our aplication either.
well, thank you very much in advance for the answers and guidance with this!

iam_ayen

Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Aug 23, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2013
IELTS Request
May 23, 2012
File Transfer...
File to CIC: Nov 14, 2012
Med's Request
Feb 07, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2013;
Passport Req..
June 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
August 10, 2013
robertlowe855 said:
Hello,
I have sent my aplication beginning of march to cic, I'm applying with my domestic partner (girlfriend) trough Manitoba province nomenee.
my app was complete except for a background check of one of the countries I lived in.
I just got an email requesting the medicals... wow, that was fast!
I have 2 questions, first I was under the impression that they will request the medicals at the end of the process, and will request the missing background check and any other document the might need before hand, I have the missing backgroud check now, what should I do? should I be proactive and send it or just wait for them to request it?
the second question is we just found out my girlfriend is pregnant and we wont be able to complete the medicals for about 9 months... so what do we do??? is there a time limit to do the medicals? should we write a letter to cic explaining why we cant do it now?
We are not in a rush to finnish the process but I do not want to gerpadize our aplication either.
well, thank you very much in advance for the answers and guidance with this!
I suggest write an email informing your VO about the pregnancy immediately. Usually for most cases you will be given a deadline to finish your ME. Check the medical request you received.

robertlowe855

May 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
24-9-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
thank you for the quick responce. I did not see in the forms or in the email any deadline... Actually this is the first communication I had with cic since I applied, where should I send an email to?
thank you

iam_ayen

Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Aug 23, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2013
IELTS Request
May 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Feb 07, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2013;
Passport Req..
June 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
August 10, 2013
robertlowe855 said:
thank you for the quick responce. I did not see in the forms or in the email any deadline... Actually this is the first communication I had with cic since I applied, where should I send an email to?
thank you
What is your visa office?

robertlowe855

May 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2012
Doc's Request.
none
Nomination.....
24-9-2012
AOR Received.
04-07-2012
I am not sure... I sent all my papers initially to sydney, NS. that was a little bit over a month ago. the only thing i got is this email with the medicals. It doesnt say anything about a visa office...
we live in Florida, USA so I think it might be Buffalo, NY?

iam_ayen

Nov 14, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 10, 2012
Nomination.....
Aug 23, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2013
IELTS Request
May 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Feb 07, 2013
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2013;
Passport Req..
June 28, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
August 10, 2013
robertlowe855 said:
I am not sure... I sent all my papers initially to sydney, NS. that was a little bit over a month ago. the only thing i got is this email with the medicals. It doesnt say anything about a visa office...
we live in Florida, USA so I think it might be Buffalo, NY?
Hi there,
this is what i found:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#u
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/ottawa.asp

Questions about Permanent Resident Visa applications from within Canada and the U.S. ONLY
Please e-mail us (OttPilot-Immigration@cic.gc.ca) in any of the following cases:

-You change your marital status.
-There is a birth or death in your family.
-You change your mailing, residential or e-mail address if you reside outside of Canada**.

i guess your VO is CPP.
hope these helps :)
Goodluck!