+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical/Police Certificate document for spouse who is already Permanent Resident

mod9

Jan 12, 2017
Hi All,

I've recently received my invitation for express entry...but things are not as straightforward as I expected....my spouse is a PR and I was wondering if he needs to get a police certificate from his country of citizenship or not? What about medical exam?
He has done all these things 2 years ago and has lived in Canada ever since (except a few weeks of travelling to his country)

Please help........

Thanks a lot

Alexand

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Toronto Ontario Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mod9 said:
Hi All,

I've recently received my invitation for express entry...but things are not as straightforward as I expected....my spouse is a PR and I was wondering if he needs to get a police certificate from his country of citizenship or not? What about medical exam?
He has done all these things 2 years ago and has lived in Canada ever since (except a few weeks of travelling to his country)

Please help........

Thanks a lot

Hey,

I believe you spouse might have to do these procedures again. According to this CIC form http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5533E.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

And also you can sign up for Pre-arrival services offered by the Government of Canada for free to those who are approved to enter the immigration process. NextStopCanada.ca is a more general, cover all aspects settlement pre-arrival service. You may ask them about these small details and how to prepare for life in Canada, connect to employment programs and much more.

Best of luck !

mod9

Jan 12, 2017
Alexand said:
Hey,

I believe you spouse might have to do these procedures again. According to this CIC form

And also you can sign up for Pre-arrival services offered by the Government of Canada for free to those who are approved to enter the immigration process. NextStopCanada.ca is a more general, cover all aspects settlement pre-arrival service. You may ask them about these small details and how to prepare for life in Canada, connect to employment programs and much more.

Best of luck !
Thanks for your respond. But the thing is I am already working in Canada and have applied separably for PR (my spouse is not included in my application and he is not my sponsor) ....

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
As your spouse is already a PR, he is not required to do a medical, obtain PCCs or submit forms. If you search the forum, there are many threads about this topic already and how to handle it.