+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Passed - What Next?

Soontogo

Nov 17, 2020
I applied for a study permit with no medical upfront on October 22 for January intake and I received the biometric letter on October 23. I did my biometrics on October 25.
Only a few days before, my eligibility review started ( 12 of November to be exact ).
November 19th I got my medical request, and I did my medical exam on the 25th. Medical passed on the 28th. When can I expect a final decision?

Reactions: Fizhér

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
I applied for a study permit with no medical upfront on October 22 for January intake and I received the biometric letter on October 23. I did my biometrics on October 25.
Only a few days before, my eligibility review started ( 12 of November to be exact ).
November 19th I got my medical request, and I did my medical exam on the 25th. Medical passed on the 28th. When can I expect a final decision?
Relax. It can take time depending on the number of applications. I would probably give it a minimum of 2 weeks, if lucky, less.

Kobby84

Star Member
Aug 31, 2020
Where did you apply from

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Definitely bro if you don't give medical upfront. If they had no intention of accepting you, they would have rejected you without sending you medical request. So, you are on a safe side and can expect a positive decision.
Sorry to say this but you're wrong. A VO can reject only assessed complete applications. Applications without Meds are incomplete. And only incomplete applications(without necessary docs or fee deficits) are rejected by default without any assessment.
Since Med reports are unique and are directly submitted to IRCC by linking it to your passport, a medical request is only to fill the gap.
Moreover Meds are to check if the applicant is in good health or not.

ei0427

May 15, 2021
Submitted my application (non sds) since June2020. Did my upfront medical as well. Now this April2021 they're requesting for a medical. Do I have to do it again given I have done my upfront already last June2020? And why my application is almost a year already

Nit123

Sep 2, 2020
Submitted my application (non sds) since June2020. Did my upfront medical as well. Now this April2021 they're requesting for a medical. Do I have to do it again given I have done my upfront already last June2020? And why my application is almost a year already
If they asked you to do you need to do.....do it fast...