+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*Medical* Manila / Philippines, Sputum Test quite suspicious??

jmags

Jul 2, 2023
Hi everyone!

Newbie here! Would like to ask if it is advisable to send an email to SLEC Ermita requesting if I could repeat my Xray?

Background story:
Fall intake. September 2023
Medical - June 29
Bio - passed
Eligibility - not started

I had my medical last June 29 and right after I finished all tests, they told me to go the lab and wait for the lab instruction. Right there and then, that situation sinked in.. I was totally nervous and expecting the worst.. and then it happened.. I was given the yellow slip. I got teary eyes when I saw “Sputum” on the paper and immediately my world began to crash, my voice is shaking.. super heartbreaking and devastating.. the lady told me that they seen some “abnormalities” on my X-ray. And she didn’t disclose to me the details. She’s really towards giving me the sputum slip and I don’t like her attitude. Didn’t sympathize with me. I ask what did they saw, she just said “abnormalities” while the only abnormality I know is my Scoliosis.. Isn’t it is one of the Patient’s rights to be informed of his/her diagnosis?? my world really shattered into pieces, I cried to my husband and began to ask “WHY??” and started blaming myself.. immediately after I thought of getting my 2nd opinion from other hospital. Fast forward to July 2, I had my X-Ray done and the results are clear. I also looked into my X-ray files last year and the results are also clear.. as I don’t have history of TB or whatnot.. also our family doesn’t have..

Now my plan is to email SLEC to request a repeat xray and attached all the X-rays i have and the findings. Do you think this is a good action to take? Do you think they will consider my request? Is there anyone in this forum or anyone you know who did the same thing?

I hope you can give me answers!! Thanks a lot!!!

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi everyone!

Newbie here! Would like to ask if it is advisable to send an email to SLEC Ermita requesting if I could repeat my Xray?

Background story:
Fall intake. September 2023
Medical - June 29
Bio - passed
Eligibility - not started

I had my medical last June 29 and right after I finished all tests, they told me to go the lab and wait for the lab instruction. Right there and then, that situation sinked in.. I was totally nervous and expecting the worst.. and then it happened.. I was given the yellow slip. I got teary eyes when I saw “Sputum” on the paper and immediately my world began to crash, my voice is shaking.. super heartbreaking and devastating.. the lady told me that they seen some “abnormalities” on my X-ray. And she didn’t disclose to me the details. She’s really towards giving me the sputum slip and I don’t like her attitude. Didn’t sympathize with me. I ask what did they saw, she just said “abnormalities” while the only abnormality I know is my Scoliosis.. Isn’t it is one of the Patient’s rights to be informed of his/her diagnosis?? my world really shattered into pieces, I cried to my husband and began to ask “WHY??” and started blaming myself.. immediately after I thought of getting my 2nd opinion from other hospital. Fast forward to July 2, I had my X-Ray done and the results are clear. I also looked into my X-ray files last year and the results are also clear.. as I don’t have history of TB or whatnot.. also our family doesn’t have..

Now my plan is to email SLEC to request a repeat xray and attached all the X-rays i have and the findings. Do you think this is a good action to take? Do you think they will consider my request? Is there anyone in this forum or anyone you know who did the same thing?

I hope you can give me answers!! Thanks a lot!!!
I had the same situation when I was applying for my SP back in 2018, but with IOM Manila. Had to undergo the required sputum test for three months. I even had the skin test which tested negative. Went for another X-ray after the sputum test and they said its still showing the abnormality. I thought was was going to get a rejection on my SP application, but on the contrary, I was approved but put on medical surveillance with a note to have a follow up X-ray when I land in Canada.

Fast-forward a few months and I did my X-ray with a local laboratory near my DLI (I was actually referred by my DLI because they don't have the required X-ray equipment in the on-campus clinic). Xray was clear as crystal. The doctor was even surprised why I was put on medical surveillance in the first place. Reported back to the Provincial Health department, as stipulated in my SP condition.

Fast forward again to 2022, that same medical from my SP application was used by IRCC in my PR application and gave me a MP instead of MR.

Looking back, that medical test from IOM Manila could have killed me with mental stress and anxiety...

jmags

Jul 2, 2023
I had the same situation when I was applying for my SP back in 2018, but with IOM Manila. Had to undergo the required sputum test for three months. I even had the skin test which tested negative. Went for another X-ray after the sputum test and they said its still showing the abnormality. I thought was was going to get a rejection on my SP application, but on the contrary, I was approved but put on medical surveillance with a note to have a follow up X-ray when I land in Canada.

Fast-forward a few months and I did my X-ray with a local laboratory near my DLI (I was actually referred by my DLI because they don't have the required X-ray equipment in the on-campus clinic). Xray was clear as crystal. The doctor was even surprised why I was put on medical surveillance in the first place. Reported back to the Provincial Health department, as stipulated in my SP condition.

Fast forward again to 2022, that same medical from my SP application was used by IRCC in my PR application and gave me a MP instead of MR.

Looking back, that medical test from IOM Manila could have killed me with mental stress and anxiety...
Hi! Thanks for your response!

Right! Sounds suspicious enough! I don't know why they are going through series of "random" sputum exams to people that are healthy enough. And I hope they could honor second opinion from other hospitals. As of the moment I'm still thinking about it every night. The anxiety kicks in as my supposed intake is getting near and realize that I won't be able to go to Canada anytime soon because of that exam. My worry is I can't even cough phlegm and how can I suppose to give sample if I'm not sick and totally don't have phlegm. :(:mad:

Did you not contest your medical when you were still here in the Philippines? Also I did upfront medical after lodging. Do you think I can repeat my medical once I received the official medical request from IRCC?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi! Thanks for your response!

Right! Sounds suspicious enough! I don't know why they are going through series of "random" sputum exams to people that are healthy enough. And I hope they could honor second opinion from other hospitals. As of the moment I'm still thinking about it every night. The anxiety kicks in as my supposed intake is getting near and realize that I won't be able to go to Canada anytime soon because of that exam. My worry is I can't even cough phlegm and how can I suppose to give sample if I'm not sick and totally don't have phlegm. :(:mad:

Did you not contest your medical when you were still here in the Philippines? Also I did upfront medical after lodging. Do you think I can repeat my medical once I received the official medical request from IRCC?
No, I did not contest, since I was curious back then if I did have TB (if I did, my treatment is more important than my SP). At IOM Manila, they instructed me how to collect sputum, not necessarily phlegm.

If you applied under SDS, you won't receive a medical request.

Don't worry too much about this, because a lot of applicants, not just us, have been through this roadblock in the SP application. I even had my IELTS on hold for the random audit. Naisip ko tuloy noon, ayaw yata ako paalisin... But then, everything went well. So, relax lang :)

Sam.ty

Nov 14, 2023
This is the same case as my husband. No explanation or the result was even discussed with him. Nurse even said "it is just recommended" but no re-xray daw required. We were asking if it can be rescheduled at an earlier or later date since he is flying on TRV on 11/23 and they scheduled him for the test 11/21-11/23 who would be able to do that on the same day as his flight. Now i'm worried if he will be allowed to fly in here to Canada. Also they noted on my husbands medical he was instructed to do a sputum test but will not proceed. I filed a complain to IRCC as his result was never disclosed/ explained to him prior to their "recommendation" for sputum