+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical - make sure the G.P has filled in the forms correctly!

marie893

Dec 9, 2008
I am so fed up and annoyed today.Call me stupid, but I thought when I had to pay £150 for a 20 minute consultation for my medical (plus xray cost, own G.P report, travel expenses) that I would be able to rest assured that it would be done properly! The "designated practitioners" are supposed to be experts at doing these medicals.........I had a letter back from the immigration dept. today, exactly one month after my medical, to say that the doctor had omitted to fill out a whole section of the form! On top of which would be responsible for any additional costs! Just a friendly warning to all of you applying for your medicals, make sure you ask at the medical if all the forms have been completed and signed correctly, with a written signed agreement that if the report gets sent back with errors that are the practitioners fault you will not have to pay for any additional appointments with the medic. I thought I would have the visa by christmas, looks like I'll be lucky to have it by February!! AAAAAAHHHHH!

pegasusyt

Nov 27, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-2011
File Transfer...
24-11-2011
Med's Done....
22-07-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-12-2011
LANDED..........
30-12-2011
I noticed that the Dr didn't fill out the Visa office required on my form. I wonder if I should put it in myself... but I guess that's not okay. I just know this is going to cause problems... I am not happy.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marie893 said:
I am so fed up and annoyed today.Call me stupid, but I thought when I had to pay £150 for a 20 minute consultation for my medical (plus xray cost, own G.P report, travel expenses) that I would be able to rest assured that it would be done properly! The "designated practitioners" are supposed to be experts at doing these medicals.........I had a letter back from the immigration dept. today, exactly one month after my medical, to say that the doctor had omitted to fill out a whole section of the form! On top of which would be responsible for any additional costs! Just a friendly warning to all of you applying for your medicals, make sure you ask at the medical if all the forms have been completed and signed correctly, with a written signed agreement that if the report gets sent back with errors that are the practitioners fault you will not have to pay for any additional appointments with the medic. I thought I would have the visa by christmas, looks like I'll be lucky to have it by February!! AAAAAAHHHHH!
Hi marie893,

Sorry to hear what has happened on your medical file. Your posted incident will make caution for others who are going for medical.
If some thing happens like your case no one should pay additional fee and courier charge which should be met by the DMP only. But I am sure that it could be embarrassing to remind the DMP that he should fill up the forms accurately.

pranovic

Jul 27, 2011
To wilson:

Then what should we do, if appropriate, when we finish the medical exams? Should we kindly ask them to check the forms again before sending to the VOs?