+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Laboratory Technologist (NOC 3211) Technician (NOC 3212)

mygp0913

Sep 5, 2013
metabolicum said:
Hi Everyone! I had my PLA report from CSMLS last April 2013 and they require me to finish my histo refresher course before 2015. :) Anyways, my documents for FSW (NOC 3211) were sent last week. Hopefully my application will be included in the CAP.
Hello metabolicum, how much did you spend for PLA? Are you currently enrolled in a particular school right now (online)? I just submitted my application last Tuesday..
Thanks

Canph

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Hi Friends,

My cousin has completed his four year degree course but working as a lab technician assistant in hospital like collecting blood sample from patients, arranging medical lab equipments etc, and his job profile matches with the 3212 even though the degree is not related to science but has got the job descriptions, and work experience of four years in hospital.
Is he eligible to apply, and what about reaching the cap if he applies by next month end,
I appreciate the much valued responses.
Looking forward

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
Please any one in the house,can you give a detailed way for applying for the PLA as an International applicant viz a viz the documents for application, amount required etc...please your contribution will be well appreciated

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
Please any one in the house,can you give a detailed way for applying for the PLA as an International applicant viz a viz the documents for application, amount required etc...please your contribution will be well appreciated

fatenny

Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2013
Nomination.....
23-12-2013
sjgerb87 said:
Hi newbie here thank you we have thread for 3211. I have submitted mine last week of august i have yet to wait for an CIC email that they have received my docs. I am praying i will be included. :)

Please, have u received any email from CIC.I sent my application in Oct and I've not gotten any email from them.The rate at which the cap is going this days is fast.

JGK

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Vegreville, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (File Moved to Detroit July 2011)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
31-05-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
First I'm not an MLT but have worked with a number and shared their experience. Getting a job in the hospital lab environment is not easy. As a newly qualified MLT, you may be limited to the occasional night/graveyard shift until you "prove" yourself.

From then you may get offered increased numbers of shifts which (slowly) may include some days.

It is a slow process and seems like a rite of passage in the MLT world.

Air1220

Star Member
Mar 14, 2012
HI,

Please advice,

Recently got WES credential done:

Canadian Equivalency Report Says:

TWO YEARS OF HOSPITAL STUDY AND TRAINING

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS:

1. Credential authentication: Official transcript were sent directly by the
institution
Credential: All India Senior school certificate
Year: 1994
Awarded By: CBSE
Admission Requirements: All India secondary school certificate
Length of program: 2 years
Major: General Academic
Canadian Equivalency: Secondary School Diploma

2. Credential authentication: Official transcript were sent directly by the
institution
Credential: Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
Year: 1996
Awarded By: Board of Technical Education, Delhi
Admission Requirements: Secondary School Graduation
Length of program: 2 years
Major: Medical Laboratory Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Two years of hospital study and training

how many points will i get with this summary for FSWP

Thanks,

AiR :)

kapil_sharma123

Star Member
Jul 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2014
AOR Received.
March 2014
I have MS in Biology from US university and have experience in molecular biology lab techniques and expertise in microbiology and food testing for pathogens.
What do u suggest about the category i should be applying in....I am really confused between 3211 and 3212.

thanks

crystalviolet

Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Nomination.....
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
25-05-2013
LANDED..........
2014!
Gofame said:
here is the detailed step by step guide in applying for PLA. http://www.csmls.org/csmls/media/documents/certification/PLA-Information-Handbook---2012.pdf

very expensive in my opinion.

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
crystalviolet said:
here is the detailed step by step guide in applying for PLA. http://www.csmls.org/csmls/media/documents/certification/PLA-Information-Handbook---2012.pdf

very expensive in my opinion.
@crystalviolet my sentiments as well..its quite expensive...which is a better option?what do you think about completing a CMA accredited MLT training programme in lieu of PLA?

crystalviolet

Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-07-2013
Nomination.....
08-10-2013
IELTS Request
25-05-2013
LANDED..........
2014!
Gofame said:
@ crystalviolet my sentiments as well..its quite expensive...which is a better option?what do you think about completing a CMA accredited MLT training programme in lieu of PLA?
you need PLA 1st, to know what subjects you are lacking. otherwise you'll be wasting money studying subjects that will be already credited.

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
crystalviolet said:
you need PLA 1st, to know what subjects you are lacking. otherwise you'll be wasting money studying subjects that will be already credited.
Hmmm....so PLA is a most then.....

ajdelsocorro

May 7, 2013
hi po patulong naman po nag apply last july for fswp as medical technologist tapos this week i recieved an email from my agent that my application was denied because of my lacking document which was my fathers nso birth certificate for the proof of relationship of my aunt in canada my application cannot be anymore appealed and i should refile as stated in the email from cic, i just need an advice about this since sa cap is almost reached as of december 13 it is 223. do i still have a chance if i pass my application this week or next week? also my place was affected by typhoon yolanda can this help my provincial is camotes island, cebu but i lived here since i was working in the city? what documents should i put to fasten my application? im really sad about this. please help me waiting for your advise, thank you Cry

Gofame

Oct 16, 2013
ajdelsocorro said:
hi po patulong naman po nag apply last july for fswp as medical technologist tapos this week i recieved an email from my agent that my application was denied because of my lacking document which was my fathers nso birth certificate for the proof of relationship of my aunt in canada my application cannot be anymore appealed and i should refile as stated in the email from cic, i just need an advice about this since sa cap is almost reached as of december 13 it is 223. do i still have a chance if i pass my application this week or next week? also my place was affected by typhoon yolanda can this help my provincial is camotes island, cebu but i lived here since i was working in the city? what documents should i put to fasten my application? im really sad about this. please help me waiting for your advise, thank you Cry
Sorry about this, but all hope is not lost yet,just quickly get your documents together again and add what CIC started was missing?go through the returned forms o see if any others areas of ommission were highlighted and correct them...I think if you act fast say in the next 2days you will still make the CAP...just pick yourself up and get started,there is hope...All the best!!!

ajdelsocorro

May 7, 2013
Gofame said:
Sorry about this, but all hope is not lost yet,just quickly get your documents together again and add what CIC started was missing?go through the returned forms o see if any others areas of ommission were highlighted and correct them...I think if you act fast say in the next 2days you will still make the CAP...just pick yourself up and get started,there is hope...All the best!!!
what if i apply for the medical technician what are the changes that i should do in my documents? btw im a medical technologist,can i apply for a technician instead to make sure i can reach the cap?