+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Inadmissibility

shyguy

May 22, 2015
Dear all, right at the outset, I would like to apologize for starting a new topic thread for something that I am sure was discussed previously. However, the older threads have stopped completely and I thought I have a better chance of getting a reply by starting a new thread. Here goes:

I am a 31 year old male, who was working as an assistant professor in accountancy in Mumbai (India). This is my health background:
I was diagnosed with a stage 1 tumor (testicular seminoma) around 10 years ago. I was operated upon and given radiation therapy as follow up. By the Grace of God, the prognosis at that time was good and all my reports since then have been normal. I had submitted a doctor's certificate to this effect, at the time of my student visa application. I have disclosed this during my medical test before applying as a student in a Canadian University. Other medical conditions which I have overcome include: jaundice (more than 15 years ago), typhoid ( immediately after my tumor surgery, cured within a month), kidney stone (detected around 2009 and passed out through urine before 2010). Some of these may be irrelevant for a PR application but just disclosing it for the sake of a clearer picture to all of you. I was worried whether I would be issued a student visa, but I was issued one without any problems.

Right now, I am in Canada and I am about to graduate this December. Since I am a Master's Student, I will be opting for the Provincial Nomination Program (Ontario Province). My seniors have got Permanent Residency with absolutely no problems (apparently Provincial Nomination Program does not even require one to have a job to get a PR). However, in my case, I am worried about Medical Inadmissibility on account of the tumor which I had. Some tell me that since it has been more than 5 years, it should not be such a big issue. However, my concern is that not only is it a technicality (even if the tumor has not recurred, it was technically a tumor, so I don't know if it bars me from getting insurance in Ontario). Also, the fact that in my case, I was dumb enough to reveal jaundice and kidney stone (both of which would not have been detected by the examining doctor but I disclosed in the spirit of honesty), I am worried that it shows a general ill-health (which is true, I have always had a weak defense mechanism) so CIC might factor that I am a potential liability on the health system here. Is there anyone here who can give me some guidance whether I can expect a medical rating from M1 to M3 or the dreaded M5? Also, about whether the tumor in the past is gonna render me simply inadmissible without any further debate?

Advice will be much appreciated. I am extremely hardworking, I've scored straight As in all my courses so far, already working part time with one of the biggest banks in Canada, hoping to make it into a full time job. In short, I am genuinely interested in making a good life here, unlike some people who come here, do absolutely irrelevant programs just for the sake of PR, take ridiculous avenues like Contract Marriages, fake employment certificates, etc to get PR. Sorry if I am sounding rude, just finding the lack of fairness frustrating. Of course, I don't expect any of you to factor my hard work or other emotional statements in your advice, just the facts and rules.
PS: please feel free to be honest and blunt, not to sugar-coat the answers :) Thanks and God bless you all.