+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Form Transfer

kbaqua

Jan 16, 2012
Hi quick question regarding medicals/PR.

I am a UK citizen and was wondering if I am in Canada already under the IEC programme and therefore have already done a medical - can those results be transferred over to a PR application. I am marrying a Canadian next year and will be applying for PR then.

Also am I right in thinking I can have a PR processing outland whilst I work in Canada under my WP with IEC?

Thanks so much!

:D

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
I am pretty sure you must redo the medicals... beside if your marrying next year that medical would most likey be expired as medicals only have a 1 year validity date.

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
kbaqua said:
Hi quick question regarding medicals/PR.

I am a UK citizen and was wondering if I am in Canada already under the IEC programme and therefore have already done a medical - can those results be transferred over to a PR application. I am marrying a Canadian next year and will be applying for PR then.

Also am I right in thinking I can have a PR processing outland whilst I work in Canada under my WP with IEC?

Thanks so much!

:D
Medicals will need to be redone as Creampop answered, but you can file the PR application whilst working under IEC, in Canada. Outland refers to the forms you are sending and where you are sending them to, no matter where you are for the moment.
Good luck with putting together your application,
Sweden

kbaqua

Jan 16, 2012
Thanks so much for the responses guys, very helpful. Just one more question - if the medical results are still within the 1 year validity period (by a decent margin) does that mean they can then be transferred? Or are the medicals for PR and IEC too different? I'm assuming that for PR the medical is much more in depth - but just thought I'd check anyway.

Thanks again, very good of you guys to take the time to help me out

:)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
kbaqua said:
Thanks so much for the responses guys, very helpful. Just one more question - if the medical results are still within the 1 year validity period (by a decent margin) does that mean they can then be transferred? Or are the medicals for PR and IEC too different? I'm assuming that for PR the medical is much more in depth - but just thought I'd check anyway.

Thanks again, very good of you guys to take the time to help me out

:)
I'm not sure which medicals they do for IEC, so I can never be sure... but the one for PR also come with a very specific form that you need to add to your application... so I don't think they can be transferred. I would recommend just doing the medicals, because it might cause delays in your application if they are not there, or not the right form, etc etc... not worth it. At least - I don't think so... waiting for the PR is already long enough as it is, so I wouldn't want to add any possible delay.

Also - you risk having your medicals expire during the process of PR ( if they ever were transferable in the first place). Let's say you've done your medicals for IEC in June 2012 ( just a supposition of course...). By the time you put together your application, send it to CIC, etc, it will be probably december or january. For now, it's a bit over one month for first stage approval, but it went up to 3 months last year (and stayed that way for applicants from February, March, April and MAy... starting decreasing a little in June...) - then there is the second stage in London ( anywhere between 3 months for very straightforward case, no travelling history, long relationship etc), to 5 or 6 months average of others - your medicals will be expired by then.

I know they're expensive, but if you're in Canada already, it's worth "shopping around" a little as they tend to be less expensive than abroad... and do them as close as sending your application as possible, so you minimize the risks to having to re-do them before completion of PR.

Good luck,
Sweden