+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical for child

anoop1211

Jan 7, 2016
Dear All,

My child was born after my express entry profile was submitted. I have added my childs details using the case specific enquiry page.

Do i need to do the upfront medical for my child, he is 1 and half months old.

Regards,
Anoop.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anoop1211 said:
Dear All,

My child was born after my express entry profile was submitted. I have added my childs details using the case specific enquiry page.

Regards,
Anoop.
After submitting express entry profile or post ITA application? If you are still waiting to receive an ITA, just update the information in the EE profile. If however you already received ITA and submitted application than raising a CSE is the correct way. Medical is required for a new child.

anoop1211

Jan 7, 2016
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have got the ITA and submitted the documents. I have already raised a CSE to let know CIC of the birth of my child. Should I do an upfront medical for my child or wait for CIC to notify me.

Regards,
Anoop.

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anoop1211 said:
Hi Alex,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I have got the ITA and submitted the documents. I have already raised a CSE to let know CIC of the birth of my child. Should I do an upfront medical for my child or wait for CIC to notify me.

Regards,
Anoop.
Really don't have much info on this stuff so I urge more experienced members to respond. I would raise a CSE and upload the upfront medical for your newborn child.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anoop1211 said:
Hi Alex,

Regards,
Anoop.
No harm in scheduling medicals right away. CIC will want you to submit medicals for your child.

henryahmed

Star Member
Feb 2, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
anoop1211 said:
Hi Alex,

Regards,
Anoop.
I was in the same situation. I sent a CSE with birth certificate, medicals, passport and photo of my baby.

I am waiting response from my visa office.

I guess next step is to pay his fees. For that i have to wait for them to ask for it.

icetea

Sep 10, 2015
HI, PLEASE UPDATE YOUR APPLICATION STATUS. I AM IN THE SAME BOAT. MY CHILD WAS BORN AFTER I RECEIVED THE ITA. NOW I AM WONDERING IF I NEED TO SUBMIT HER MEDICAL TEST BECAUSE SHE WAS BORN IN FINLAND. ALSO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW LONG WILL THEY TAKE TO NOTIFY ME AFTER I SUBMIT MY CHILD INFORMATION THROUGH CSE. FYI, I AM AN APPLIANT OF PNP. I RECEIVED OTA IN JULY. SUBMITTED APPLICATION IN 3RD SEPTEMBER. MY CHILD WAS BORN ON 28TH NOVEMBER. SUBMITTED CHILD INFO(BIRTH CER, PASSPORT SCANNED COPY) ON 31 DECEMBER. NOW WAITING FOR THEIR RESPONSE. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Nov 27, 2015
Santo Domingo
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
27-10-2015
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
Please if someone has already received a request from CIC after sending the CSE with the birth certificate share what did they asked for

jimso101

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I got reponse from CIC regarding adding the child post ITA. Please check the following info,

"
Please ensure that all of you and your partner’s dependent children (including step-children and adopted children) are added to your application for Permanent Residence.

If your child is a Canadian citizen (by birth or through a Canadian parent), he or she does not need to be added to your application for Permanent Residence, you must however, provide our office with a copy of the child’s birth certificate.

For all children who are NOT Canadian citizens or have NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you must complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application. They must be examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security).

The following is mandatory for accompanying AND non-accompanying children, unless otherwise stated.

1. Processing fee for each accompanying child If your child will be accompanying you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $150 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:  Go to our Online Payment webpage.
 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed.
 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by the category in which you applied for permanent residence
 Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee.
 Click “Submit”
 Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and follow the instructions to pay with a credit card

2. Forms
 Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008
 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406

3. Documents  Copy of your child’s birth certificate  Copy of your child’s valid passport* * Photo page only and, if applicable, amendment page(s)

4. A recent photograph of your child
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications.

5. If your child is aged 18 or older: Police certificate We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your child has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries.

6. Medical certificate Your child will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.

"

Fortunately i had a slot to upload these info via MYcic as i had communicated to CIC regarding the due date of pregnancy beforehand.

Hopefull this helps.

Thanks

iawz

Jul 15, 2014
Saudi Arabia
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
27-11-2015
Med's Done....
01-01-2016
Thank you very much for detailed post here. I have to add my new born's information and pay the fee as well. And your post is quite helpful.

Can you kindly tell that which category did you select under "immigration" to pay the fee for new born of yours? or for you fee payment was coming in MyCIC account along with other upload documents option?

And if you paid through online payment page, then how it was linked with your EE application / MyCIC account?

I have applied through Express Entry under SINP EE, so I am confused, which category should I select from the following option shown on online payment page (Should it be PNP or FSW):

- Family Class
- Quebec Skilled Workers
- Federal Skilled Workers
- Federal Skilled Trades
- Canadian Experience Class
- Provincial Nominee
- Protected Person in Canada
- Live-in Caregiver
- Humanitarian and Compassionate
- Spouse and Common-Law Partner in Canada Class
- Permit Holder's Class

Thanks in advance :)

jimso101 said:
Hi Friends,

I got reponse from CIC regarding adding the child post ITA. Please check the following info,

"
Please ensure that all of you and your partner’s dependent children (including step-children and adopted children) are added to your application for Permanent Residence.

If your child is a Canadian citizen (by birth or through a Canadian parent), he or she does not need to be added to your application for Permanent Residence, you must however, provide our office with a copy of the child’s birth certificate.

For all children who are NOT Canadian citizens or have NOT obtained permanent residence status in Canada, you must complete each of the following steps in order to have them added to your existing application. They must be examined for compliance with admissibility requirements (medical, criminality and security).

The following is mandatory for accompanying AND non-accompanying children, unless otherwise stated.

1. Processing fee for each accompanying child If your child will be accompanying you to Canada at this time, a processing fee of $150 must be paid for their application. The payment of these fees must be made online:  Go to our Online Payment webpage.
 Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed.
 Select the “Immigration” link, followed by the category in which you applied for permanent residence
 Enter the number of fee payments (1) in the box beside the corresponding fee.
 Click “Submit”
 Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and follow the instructions to pay with a credit card

2. Forms
 Updated Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008
 Updated Additional Family Information form IMM 5406

3. Documents  Copy of your child’s birth certificate  Copy of your child’s valid passport* * Photo page only and, if applicable, amendment page(s)

4. A recent photograph of your child
The photograph must be taken accordingly to our specifications.

5. If your child is aged 18 or older: Police certificate We require a scanned copy of a police certificate for all countries where your child has lived for more than 6 months since the age of 18 years. Please ensure that they have obtained these certificates after their stay in these countries.

6. Medical certificate Your child will have to undergo a medical examination by an authorized CIC panel physician, whether or not they will be accompanying you to Canada. We will send you the appropriate forms upon receipt and review of the documents listed above.

"

Fortunately i had a slot to upload these info via MYcic as i had communicated to CIC regarding the due date of pregnancy beforehand.

Hopefull this helps.

Thanks

icetea

Sep 10, 2015
I was following your post. Did you receive a medical request from cic or you did the upfront medical test. I asked my panel physician for the upfront medical exam for my newborn daughter but the doctor told upfront medical is not possible for newborn. It should be done after the cic have requested about it. I uploaded my daughter's info(birth certificate, passport photocopy) through case specific inquiry on 30th December and still have not received any request from cic yet. Now I am very tensed. Please share your experience. Please reply anybody if you have any information regarding the issue. Thanks in advance.

anoop1211 said:
Dear All,

Regards,
Anoop.

yeyeobt4CAD

Jan 18, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I am in a similar situation, just that I am yet to get ITA. Thus, still in the EE pool. I have seen guys here mentioning updating the childs details on EE.

I have tried to do this but I do not know how to go about this. Kindly guide me on how to do this.

Thank you.

Akki Patil

Oct 29, 2017
Hi

Is there anyone having a kid of 15 months and had gone through medical exam for Canada immigration? I had it done for my kid but they ask me to send his videos in which need to show he speaks some words so is it must for a kid of 15 months to speak clearly to get visa? Please help.

Murthi

Sep 30, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-11-2017
Hi everyone
what is the category for the dependent child in medical test? Worker r study??