20-05-2015
Passport Req..
18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
21-08-2015
Hello members,

I am positing here on behalf of my younger sister. My sister wants to come to canada to purse her dream of becoming a doctor. She is great in her studies and academically gifted.

At this point my family cannot afford to pay for doctorate here in canada. Since the one year fee for UofT for medical is 69,000$. I told her that she can pursue her goal after getting the permanent residence.

How can she go about choosing a program that is related to her field( medical) and still can get a Permanent residence after finishing her studies as fast as possible. I guess the best option would be to join a community college as its more afforable for my parents.

In a nutshell what are her options

Any suggestion would be appreciated, thank you.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
darasingh said:
Hello members,

I am positing here on behalf of my younger sister. My sister wants to come to canada to purse her dream of becoming a doctor. She is great in her studies and academically gifted.

At this point my family cannot afford to pay for doctorate here in canada. Since the one year fee for UofT for medical is 69,000$. I told her that she can pursue her goal after getting the permanent residence.

How can she go about choosing a program that is related to her field( medical) and still can get a Permanent residence after finishing her studies as fast as possible. I guess the best option would be to join a community college as its more afforable for my parents.

In a nutshell what are her options

Any suggestion would be appreciated, thank you.
well very open ended question. for PR read about express entry system . Find out how many points she has right now using CRS calculator if she has less than 450 its difficult to get PR directly. Next look for various universities and college websites and see which course would match her back ground and their fees etc. Look at the study permit procedure on CIC website. I dont have much knowledge of medical field so I may be wrong but u should start with which course/college/university u want to go.

darasingh

Star Member
Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2015
Passport Req..
18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2015
LANDED..........
21-08-2015
mead said:
well very open ended question. for PR read about express entry system . Find out how many points she has right now using CRS calculator if she has less than 450 its difficult to get PR directly. Next look for various universities and college websites and see which course would match her back ground and their fees etc. Look at the study permit procedure on CIC website. I dont have much knowledge of medical field so I may be wrong but u should start with which course/college/university u want to go.
I used the calculator and even with 2 year dipoma and high proficiency in english/some in french it is 430 points. How someone can get even 800? Is 450 a minimum?

I was thinking more sort of going into medical feild like nursing. Atleast it will be the same field as being a doctor. I understand she cant apply for PR directly cause shes only 18 and will be graduating high school in march.

Thanks for your reply.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
darasingh said:
I used the calculator and even with 2 year dipoma and high proficiency in english/some in french it is 430 points. How someone can get even 800? Is 450 a minimum?

I was thinking more sort of going into medical feild like nursing. Atleast it will be the same field as being a doctor. I understand she cant apply for PR directly cause shes only 18 and will be graduating high school in march.

Thanks for your reply.
450 is not the minimum but from past experience we havent seen scores go below 450 since express entry started in jan 2015. so guess is they have made a cutoff will that change in the future who knows but as it stands now 450 + have a chance. I am also stuck below 450 so its very disappointing. she should get some experience in the same field as she plans to study in her home country that will increase CRS coupled with experince in canada and good english scores