+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Expired - No request from IRCC for redoing nor extended expiration - March SDS application - Anyone with same situation

AnkithaP

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi.posting on behalf of my partner
medical expired on October. We have not received any redo request from IRCC nor they extendedthe expiration, Medical passed status is now vanished from GC KEY account. His is March SDS application and I see alot of july-oct applications being approved, how long is this going to be unfair like this.!!!
Very depressing situation since past 5 months.

Last edited:

Rohithkrish

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
I am also a march applicant and I passed medicals in July but it got expired in November (vanished) and there is no request to redo medicals...one important thing is, you might have heared of many people getting request to redo medicals, in this forum, but the important thing in their applications are their medicals were not updated (passed) in their application and because of that reason they were asked to redo automatically it seems....so don't worry about it if they need medicals again they will surely contact you...one more thing I'd suggest is don't redo medicals yourself and upload it because it may again delay your application because they need to review your medicals again and that will be a delay for your decision...WAIT FOR IRCC TO CONTACT...they may automatically extend your medicals validity and provide approval for you....

AnkithaP

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks for the suggestion, has your medicals automatically extended yet or received PPR ?

I am also a march applicant and I passed medicals in July but it got expired in November (vanished) and there is no request to redo medicals...one important thing is, you might have heared of many people getting request to redo medicals, in this forum, but the important thing in their applications are their medicals were not updated (passed) in their application and because of that reason they were asked to redo automatically it seems....so don't worry about it if they need medicals again they will surely contact you...one more thing I'd suggest is don't redo medicals yourself and upload it because it may again delay your application because they need to review your medicals again and that will be a delay for your decision...WAIT FOR IRCC TO CONTACT...they may automatically extend your medicals validity and provide approval for you....

Rohithkrish

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Thanks for the suggestion, has your medicals automatically extended yet or received PPR ?
No I have not received ppr or extension in medicals but I contacted IRCC through webform and they said that right now medical is not needed for your application...

arul fernando

Star Member
Oct 17, 2018
im a july applicant. i have a earlier refusal, so i suppose my medicals is also expired. but i heard in a ircc webminar that, they might automatically extend it. and if necessary, they will request us to perform the test again

jbdot0941

Jan 23, 2019
Hi.posting on behalf of my partner
medical expired on October. We have not received any redo request from IRCC nor they extendedthe expiration, Medical passed status is now vanished from GC KEY account. His is March SDS application and I see alot of july-oct applications being approved, how long is this going to be unfair like this.!!!
Very depressing situation since past 5 months.
I'm also a March applicant with Meds expired in Oct. There is no need to worry unless contacted by IRCC to get them done again. I've submitted a webform and they've replied with the same. And I also remember that all the Med reports will be extended until the end of the year based on how delayed the processing has been on the application and I think it was solely for Jan-April applicants.

I can relate with your frustration. Order GCMS notes. I'm sure he has already been approved and just needs an OPR. GCMS Notes kind of reduce the stress as it contains all the facts about the application. I'm expecting and hoping that we might get a decision after Jan 5th. Hold on.
Good Luck.

Rohithkrish

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
im a july applicant. i have a earlier refusal, so i suppose my medicals is also expired. but i heard in a ircc webminar that, they might automatically extend it. and if necessary, they will request us to perform the test again
Yes exactly that's what webinars also says and also I tried calling them and they are also saying the same that currently the medical is not needed.... There is a webinar tomorrow (17dec)... If anyone having doubts attend that too...

Reactions: arul fernando

Arun Showry Thota

Nov 10, 2020
SDS application
Applied for May deferred to Sept, then deferred to Jan 2020
College added in Covid readiness DLI list on 17th Nov (Conestoga College)
Application submission date March 12th
Biometrics done on Dec 5th 2019;
Medicals passed on June 30(disappeared)
AIP received on 14th August
No further update from then
Medicals expired on Nov 12,
Consultancy asked to take medicals agains.
Redone with medicals on Nov 27,
Although no update on portal till date

Vyas Utsav

Dec 17, 2020
I applied for study permit on 22th of august, with Medical done,
Got updet on GC portal on 15th October that you passed the medical exam
On 22 November my medical got expired,
And after 28th November it again shows "you do not need medical exam or anything" and medical passed message was disappeared .
2nd Dec Biomatrics done showed on GC portal on same day
but no update about MEDICAL WHAT TO DO? Confused
classes starts on Jan 12 Time is running wiled already deferred Twice
???

Vyas Utsav

Dec 17, 2020
I applied for study permit on 22th of august, with Medical done,
Got updet on GC portal on 15th October that you passed the medical exam
On 22 November my medical got expired,
And after 28th November it again shows "you do not need medical exam or anything" and medical passed message was disappeared .
2nd Dec Biomatrics done showed on GC portal on same day
but no update about MEDICAL WHAT TO DO? Confused
classes starts on Jan 12 Time is running wiled already deferred Twice
???