Oct. 14, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 13, 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar. 13, 2012
Hi everyone,

I am taking Simvastatin (cholesterol maintenance) and I took my medical examination yesterday. I am worried if they would require me to do additional test due to history of high cholesterol. Would it affect or delay my application for permanent residence in Canada? Please share your thoughts. Thank you very much

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pinoy16 said:
Hi everyone,

I am taking Simvastatin (cholesterol maintenance) and I took my medical examination yesterday. I am worried if they would require me to do additional test due to history of high cholesterol. Would it affect or delay my application for permanent residence in Canada? Please share your thoughts. Thank you very much
Just the high cholesterol may not pose any problem unless you have other major Cardiovascular complications.
Try to fix your high cholesterol,its not good for you my friend.
Be Happy

pinoy16

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 02, 2011
Nomination.....
Oct. 14, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 13, 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar. 13, 2012
Kanamen said:
Just the high cholesterol may not pose any problem unless you have other major Cardiovascular complications.
Try to fix your high cholesterol,its not good for you my friend.
Be Happy
Thank you very much for your concern my friend. You lessen my worries Sir.

B

BlessedMe

pinoy16 said:
Hi everyone,

you can tell the doctor examining you about this, but they won't test your cholesterol levels. they will only test blood for infectious diseases like syphilis and HIV, not sugar and cholesterol. they might ask you if you can maintain your cholesterol levels with your current medications, or else they will refer you to another doctor, delaying your application.

pinoy16

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 02, 2011
Nomination.....
Oct. 14, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 13, 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar. 13, 2012
BlessedMe said:
you can tell the doctor examining you about this, but they won't test your cholesterol levels. they will only test blood for infectious diseases like syphilis and HIV, not sugar and cholesterol. they might ask you if you can maintain your cholesterol levels with your current medications, or else they will refer you to another doctor, delaying your application.
Hi Blessedme,

I told the doctor about my medication but he did not send me to another doctor. He just told me that this won't affect my PR application. Do you think that CIC will require me to do additional test? Thank you

B

BlessedMe

pinoy16 said:
Hi Blessedme,

I told the doctor about my medication but he did not send me to another doctor. He just told me that this won't affect my PR application. Do you think that CIC will require me to do additional test? Thank you
no they will not do additional tests, because you already know about it..as long as it does not hinder in your daily functions,any controlled ailments can be ignored (esp. that you are already taking your maintainance medications).. it wont be a problem.. they will only do additional tests if you say you don't have health problems (but it manifested in other ways)...it's always better to declare it beforehand to avoid delays

pinoy16

Star Member
Jan 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 02, 2011
Nomination.....
Oct. 14, 2011
AOR Received.
Feb. 13, 2012
Med's Request
Feb. 14, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar. 13, 2012
BlessedMe said:
no they will not do additional tests, because you already know about it..as long as it does not hinder in your daily functions,any controlled ailments can be ignored (esp. that you are already taking your maintainance medications).. it wont be a problem.. they will only do additional tests if you say you don't have health problems (but it manifested in other ways)...it's always better to declare it beforehand to avoid delays
Thanks a lot BlessedMe.

danreys

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2010
Doc's Request.
Jan. 2011
Nomination.....
Dec. 16, 2011
AOR Received.
March 22, 2012
IELTS Request
submitted
File Transfer...
May 29 2012
Med's Request
June 7 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 16, 2013 Inprocess
Interview........
Sept. 30, 2013 remedical
Passport Req..
Oct. 23, 2013 PPR (Nov. 15 2013) PP Sent
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 22, DM Nov. 19, 2013 visa issue Dec 2, 2013 Visa received
After receiving AOR how many days to receive request for MR

B

BlessedMe

danreys said:
After receiving AOR how many days to receive request for MR
are you in PR visa application stage? in Philippines CE, AOR usually comes immediately before MR (just days between them)..in my case, my MR came 2 days before my AOR..

CRS

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Nomination.....
27-02-2011 (MPNP-Family Stream)
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
November 30,2012
Hi all. I'm really worried about my medical. Have a past history of tb and was treated. Done my medical recently. I have spot of previous tb on lung. And I provide past docunents to dmp. Will they refuse me? What will happen next?

B

BlessedMe

CRS said:
Hi all. I'm really worried about my medical. Have a past history of tb and was treated. Done my medical recently. I have spot of previous tb on lung. And I provide past docunents to dmp. Will they refuse me? What will happen next?
did they text or call you for repeat xray? or sputum exam? if not, as long as you have provided the DMP documents and certification that you have completed your treatment and you are tb free, then you're good to go.. your medical result will be sent to VO for final decision by the Canadian Medical Officer..i know people who have cured tb and were issued visa already, you can find them in other threads..

CRS

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Nomination.....
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
November 30,2012
I'm asked to wait 2 weeks after medical to submit pp. What will happen if they ask for re x-ray or sputum test? Can't find any thread except one. But that was in phillipino language. Can't read.

B

BlessedMe

CRS said:
I'm asked to wait 2 weeks after medical to submit pp. What will happen if they ask for re x-ray or sputum test? Can't find any thread except one. But that was in phillipino language. Can't read.
you can ask the VO where you submitted your PP that you are asked for additional tests so they can extend your due date..you can call, mail or email them to inform them of additional test...but in your case, i think you're doing good because i believe they will not ask for your pp if medical is not clear...

CRS

Jun 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2011
Nomination.....
VISA ISSUED...
23-08-2012
LANDED..........
November 30,2012
BlessedMe said:
you can ask the VO where you submitted your PP that you are asked for additional tests so they can extend your due date..you can call, mail or email them to inform them of additional test...but in your case, i think you're doing good because i believe they will not ask for your pp if medical is not clear...
I received both requests together in a letter. Nyway thanks a lot for your suggestion.