+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical examination for applying at port of entry

Jan 28, 2013
Hello all,

I am a Spaniard living currently in Brazil. As a Spaniard, I should not need a medical examination to apply at port of entry, but since I have spent more than 6 months in Brazil, I do.

The problem is that the doctors listed for the exams are all requiring an specific form issued by the Visa Application Center. Since I intend to apply directly at the airport, I don't have such a document.

Has anybody gone through this procedure? Is there a place or a way to allow the doctor perform the exam? Hopefully somebody can give me an answer, because everybody involved (me, my employer, the doctor and even the VAC) is at a loss here...

Thanks, a lot,

-T

Pro_Public

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Contact CBSA to find out. Probably you will need to go to one of the authorized doctors and get the form from them.

oliviarene

Star Member
Aug 11, 2012
You need to find a panel physician that is close to you and get the medical done with them. They will give you the appropriate documents at that time. Here is a link for the panel physicians
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/index.asp

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
Tanausu Franco said:
Hello all,

I am a Spaniard living currently in Brazil. As a Spaniard, I should not need a medical examination to apply at port of entry, but since I have spent more than 6 months in Brazil, I do.

The problem is that the doctors listed for the exams are all requiring an specific form issued by the Visa Application Center. Since I intend to apply directly at the airport, I don't have such a document.

Has anybody gone through this procedure? Is there a place or a way to allow the doctor perform the exam? Hopefully somebody can give me an answer, because everybody involved (me, my employer, the doctor and even the VAC) is at a loss here...

Thanks, a lot,

-T
Hi,

Try to read this post from qorax it's very informative:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t73722.0.html

hope it helps :)

Jan 28, 2013
[quote author=Pro_Public]
Contact CBSA to find out. Probably you will need to go to one of the authorized doctors and get the form from them.
[/quote]

It did not work, they rebounded me to the CIC, who redirected me to the VAC. Dead end.

[quote author=oliviarene]
You need to find a panel physician that is close to you and get the medical done with them. They will give you the appropriate documents at that time. Here is a link for the panel physicians
**link**
[/quote]

No they won't. I call them, tell them the situation and they say they can't do it without being sent the form from the VAC. I can't do it through the VAC because they will ask me to give up my passport which I can not do because I need it for work (I travel frequently, can`t afford being without a passport for 2 months).

[quote author=Buleg]
Hi,

Try to read this post from qorax it's very informative:

**link**

hope it helps :)
[/quote]

Although informative, it does not help me because he describes how to speed things up doing the medicals showing the doctor that you have been ordered to by an authority (the VAC), which is not my case.

Thank you anyway, any more suggestions are welcome!

Jan 28, 2013
Well, everything is solved.

I went there without a medical (but with all the rest of the documents in order) and the officer at the airport didn't even mention it.

I have my work permit.

Thank you all for trying to help!