+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam validity extension for additional 12 months (new CIC Bulletin)

Goran01

May 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 2009
AOR Received.
Dec 2009
File Transfer...
Dec 2009
Med's Request
Apr 2012
Med's Done....
May 2012 but expiry extended per request by VO
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
May 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully June 2013, IA
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2013, IA
@jimran, see my post above, I'm in a very similar situation to you, except that our medicals (done April 30, 2012) have been granted extension while we just received Medicals request (MR) for our new-born baby (born Dec 2012) just 2 weeks ago. Well baby's medicals are now done and sent to Ottawa.

Well we had received the Visas and CoPR in Nov 2012 but then it was too late into pregnancy and we could not travel and hence had to return the Visa/CoPR and then we had to add the baby to the application.

You should not read too much into the "Decision Made" status as the VO don't update frequently and this must have been done before London VO instructed you to retrieve the Passports. If your medicals extension are granted then your status will remain the same but if you have to redo the medicals then the status should be "In Process" ideally.

Do send an email to the London or Delhi VO or send a Case Specific Inquiry (CSI) on their website asking for your medicals extension. It can take upto 2 months for medicals extension to be approved.

May 6, 2013
Hi All,

I recently joined and new to this forum. So please excuse me if it break any rules mistakenly.

I have a question regarding the email that I got. I sponsored my wife for PR and our case is being processed by CPP - Ottawa. Me and my Wife were in US and moved to Canada last year.

My Wife has a Visitor Visa while I have Canadian PR. After I moved here I sponsored my Wife and our case is being processed by CPP Ottawa.

Last year during our India Visit we got the Medicals done in India in Feb 2012. I applied for her PR in September 2012.

Since the case is not decided yet, I guess they want to reassess the Medical.

My question is that they are asking to get the additional examination done from Same Physician who did the exam Initially. (Take this letter to the Panel Physician (PP) who examined you for the medical assessment(s) to be arranged)

But right now my Wife is in Canada with me on a Visitor Visa, so wondering if I have to go to India to get this additional examination done from same PP. Is it possible to get the Additional Examination done by a PP in Canada?

Thanks,
Sunny

*************************MEDICAL REASSESSMENT LETTER***************************************

This is in reference to your application for permanent residence in Canada.

The results of your initial medical examinations are expired. Further medical information is required before a decision can be reached.

We require the following additional medical examination(s):

Require Fresh CHEST XRAY for re-assessment of your medicals validity.

• Chest Xray with report.
• Completed MEDICAL REPORT CHEST X-RAY REQUISITION AND REPORT form (Page 6 and 7 of IMM5419).
• Completed MEDICAL REPORT PHYSICAL EXAMINATION form [Page 2 of IMM 5419].

Take this letter to the Panel Physician (PP) who examined you for the medical assessment(s) to be arranged.

You have 30 days from the date of this letter to comply with this request. Failure to do so may result in the closing of your Immigration medical file, which may result in the refusal of your application.

Nitzan900

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
tel-aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
02-08-2012
File Transfer...
02-08-2012
Med's Done....
13-03-2012
Interview........
18-11-2012
Passport Req..
28-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2013
Hi everyone! I have a question:

Finally after a long wait for RCMP i was told by the VO in tel aviv that they got it and requested extension for my medicals from paris (?)
my medicals expired at march 2013 so its good they sent it now?

so anyways i have a ticket to visit my wife at june 12 which is in 3 full weeks from now. how long does it take them to get the approval for the extension?

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Nitzan900 said:
Hi everyone! I have a question:

Finally after a long wait for RCMP i was told by the VO in tel aviv that they got it and requested extension for my medicals from paris (?)
my medicals expired at march 2013 so its good they sent it now?

so anyways i have a ticket to visit my wife at june 12 which is in 3 full weeks from now. how long does it take them to get the approval for the extension?
If they asked for an extension of your medicals it means you're almost done (they can only do that if the medicals are the only thing holding up your approval). Once they get that back and the officer reviews your file, you should receive your passport request (PPR).

Usually it seems to take just a week or so to get the approval, but the visa officer has to do another review of your file before requesting your passport. It sounds like you might actually get your PPR before your visit (in which case you might want to send your passport ASAP, along with evidence of your scheduled travel and request that they return your passport in order to allow you to travel).

Good luck!

Nitzan900

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
tel-aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
02-08-2012
File Transfer...
02-08-2012
Med's Done....
13-03-2012
Interview........
18-11-2012
Passport Req..
28-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2013
computergeek said:
If they asked for an extension of your medicals it means you're almost done (they can only do that if the medicals are the only thing holding up your approval). Once they get that back and the officer reviews your file, you should receive your passport request (PPR).

Usually it seems to take just a week or so to get the approval, but the visa officer has to do another review of your file before requesting your passport. It sounds like you might actually get your PPR before your visit (in which case you might want to send your passport ASAP, along with evidence of your scheduled travel and request that they return your passport in order to allow you to travel).

Good luck!
really!!! i really hope so!!! im from a visa exempt country so would it be different because they dont need my passport?? wow im so happy to hear that!

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
Police certificate re-do: Feb 25, 2013
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
January 9, 2012 Medical extension: Feb 25, 2013
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
My husband received a medical extension in February and we have not heard anything from our visa office.

I sent an email and they confirmed they received the extension; I also received our GCMS notes and confirmation of the extension is in them. Further to this, there was a bring foward date for our application in April.

According to the CIC website, a medical extension is requested if the only thing holding up the decision on your file is an expired medical.

Has anyone else had a medical extension and waited this long for a PPR?

Nitzan900

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
tel-aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
02-08-2012
File Transfer...
02-08-2012
Med's Done....
13-03-2012
Interview........
18-11-2012
Passport Req..
28-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2013
Nevaeha said:
My husband received a medical extension in February and we have not heard anything from our visa office.

I sent an email and they confirmed they received the extension; I also received our GCMS notes and confirmation of the extension is in them. Further to this, there was a bring foward date for our application in April.

According to the CIC website, a medical extension is requested if the only thing holding up the decision on your file is an expired medical.

Has anyone else had a medical extension and waited this long for a PPR?
are you doing an inland application?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013

Nitzan900

Star Member
Sep 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
tel-aviv
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-04-2012
AOR Received.
02-08-2012
File Transfer...
02-08-2012
Med's Done....
13-03-2012
Interview........
18-11-2012
Passport Req..
28-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
05-05-2013
LANDED..........
12-05-2013
Nevaeha said:
i dont understand you got your extension for the medicals and its stuck there?? no visa yet?

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
Nitzan900 said:
i dont understand you got your extension for the medicals and its stuck there?? no visa yet?
Yes, you are correct. My husband's medical extension was completed in February and his passport has not been requested from the visa office. It makes me wonder if they requested an extension even though there are still other things outstanding in the application.

simb

Apr 15, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Nevaeha said:
Yes, you are correct. My husband's medical extension was completed in February and his passport has not been requested from the visa office. It makes me wonder if they requested an extension even though there are still other things outstanding in the application.
strange.... extension is requested only when medicals are the only thing left in your file to issue you visa...

wonder why they are taking so long

Nevaeha

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
June 6, 2012
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
December 6, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
December 12, 2013
LANDED..........
December 25, 2013
simb said:
strange.... extension is requested only when medicals are the only thing left in your file to issue you visa...

wonder why they are taking so long
My thoughts exactly, simb. ??? :'(

iac

May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your advice,yes i did the medicals with Asaju clinic,the email i got from the immigration Accra Ghana on the 28th of February 2013,reads, further to your preliminary medical examination for Canadian immigration,additional information is required,the instruction are in the file attached and we ask you to present it to the examining physician Dr Akinyanju,within 60 days of receipt of this request,who in turn should mail the requested documents directly to the canadian Embassy,medical section,35 avenue montaigne,75008 paris,france,upon receipt of the requested information and exams,the medical section will endeavor to terminate its evaluation and forward the results to our office immigration service,Accra,After this email,i went and meet doctor Asaju and did my medicals on the 18th of march,my medicals was sent to paris france on the 27th of march according to Dr Asaju,is going to 2months now and i have not still heard anything from the immigration Accra Ghana,can somebody please tell me what to do now,and i have written to Accra ghana 2 times since i did my medicals and they have not responded to my email yet,is more than 1year we start this application process,and i have paid all the fees related to this application,even the visa fee,it is really affecting me so much bcos i miss my wife so much,can somebody advice me on what to do

iac

May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your advice,yes i did the medicals with Asaju clinic,the email i got from the immigration Accra Ghana on the 28th of February 2013,reads, further to your preliminary medical examination for Canadian immigration,additional information is required,the instruction are in the file attached and we ask you to present it to the examining physician Dr Akinyanju,within 60 days of receipt of this request,who in turn should mail the requested documents directly to the canadian Embassy,medical section,35 avenue montaigne,75008 paris,france,upon receipt of the requested information and exams,the medical section will endeavor to terminate its evaluation and forward the results to our office immigration service,Accra,After this email,i went and meet doctor Asaju and did my medicals on the 18th of march,my medicals was sent to paris france on the 27th of march according to Dr Asaju,is going to 2months now and i have not still heard anything from the immigration Accra Ghana,can somebody please tell me what to do now,and i have written to Accra ghana 2 times since i did my medicals and they have not responded to my email yet,is more than 1year we start this application process,and i have paid all the fees related to this application,even the visa fee,it is really affecting me so much bcos i miss my wife so much,can somebody advice me on what to do

BeaverEager

May 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone! I would like also to ask your opinion and thoughts regarding my present
situation. My medical expired last January 2013 after a year of waiting for PPR issuance.
"Medical received" line on ECAS last May 2012. I emailed the local embassy a couple of times
but there's no response at all. Can I still avail the med. extension or a re-med would have been
the next option? Thanks in advance!