+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam procedure

uniqueid

Sep 29, 2009
I am curious to know exact medical exam procedure. I would appreciated if you answer following.

1) Documents which needs to be carry while medical examination.

2) Is it require to carry your medical history ?

3) Is it require to carry current family doctor's name and address?

4) Is it require to carry list of current medication ?

5) Which are the major disease which makes you ineligible for immigration. As per my info , diesease like HIV and CANCER will be in that list. But what about Heart attack, TB, BLOOD PRESSURE & low sugar ? If anyone has knowledge about it, please share.

openeye

Oct 14, 2008
Hey uniquieid,

I have my medical later today and I asked the doctor what I should bring and he said nothing but my passport, proof of medical insurance, pictures, etc.

So I guess there is no need to bring any medical records, etc. You might be asked briefly about it though.

Same applies for 2 and 3 I would think as they did not mention anything about that. Though I guess you will know what kind of meds you are currently taking.

As for 5, I dont think that HIV is per se a no-go criterion. It usually depends on how you can live with it, are aware of the risks, etc. But I think they generally look for the large things such as TB as well.

Check out the FAQs on the medical on CIC. They usually give a pretty good overview about what kind of stuff they are looking for if I remember correctly.

Good luck and take care!

openeye

uniqueid

Sep 29, 2009
thanks openeye,

I want to know the complete procedure of medical.

Do they check complete body or just x rays and done ?

please let me know.

UI

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

uniqueid said:
thanks openeye,

I want to know the complete procedure of medical.

Do they check complete body or just x rays and done ?

please let me know.

UI
See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook2009.pdf It list all the tests.

PMM

robin_1811

Aug 6, 2009
hello... finally i received my letter for medical request rom cic makati. wana know also what are the preparations we can do b4 medical exam? we plan it by nextweek. which DMP doctors you can recommend... tnx..

tessv106

Jan 13, 2009
hi robin,
we had our medical in nationwide.

check this site which was posted by PMM,it gives you ideas on your preparations before medical.

See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/dmp-handbook2009.pdf It list all the tests

Goodluck and GOdbless

beauty

Apr 14, 2008
hello everyone,, how about hepatitis b? are they strict with this desease what will they do if found out positive? is it more complicated not to tell you have hep b? pls someone help me... thanks