+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Exam Islamabad

sanna

Aug 6, 2012
Hi
I am sponsoring my wife from Pakistan, she has to get a medical exam in IOM Migration Health Assessment Islamabad in Pakistan. She called there to book an appointment she was told to get us letter who need this exam what for where to send the result etc, but they were not clear from who to who the letter should address they want it to be sign by lawyer or me or my wife? What form does she need to take with her? I completed 9 month old forms I downloaded from CIC website there was one section that my wife had to take with her to doctor that was in Part 3 I think they updated their website in Dec 2012 and the new form guide not say which form she need to take with her to doctor. The medical center people should know what the exam is for what they need to do and where to send and what to send because they are selected by CIC. Can someone help please?

Thank you

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sanna said:
Hi
I am sponsoring my wife from Pakistan, she has to get a medical exam in IOM Migration Health Assessment Islamabad in Pakistan. She called there to book an appointment she was told to get us letter who need this exam what for where to send the result etc, but they were not clear from who to who the letter should address they want it to be sign by lawyer or me or my wife? What form does she need to take with her? I completed 9 month old forms I downloaded from CIC website there was one section that my wife had to take with her to doctor that was in Part 3 I think they updated their website in Dec 2012 and the new form guide not say which form she need to take with her to doctor. The medical center people should know what the exam is for what they need to do and where to send and what to send because they are selected by CIC. Can someone help please?

Thank you
The procedure has changed indeed and there is no need to take a form anymore. She might have to take some pictures with her, best is to check with the Panel Physician.
Most likely they are confused, because for some other categories (parents sponsosrhip I think, and skilled workers), they have to wait until they get a letter from the embassy to ask for medicals... where for spousal sponsorship, the medical exams have to be done before sending the application.

Best is for your wife to call back and explain that she is going through the spousal route, and as such, the medicals have to be included before sending the application without a letter from the embassy.

Hopefully she can clear it like this and get an appointment.
Good luck,
Sweden

sanna

Aug 6, 2012
Hi
Thank you for your information. Her appointment is on Jan 2013 so she don't need a letter as I am sponsoring her. I wrote a letter "To whom it may concern" I told them all this that she is required by the CIC to do the medical exam first.

So some of the exam result will be mail to Canadian embassy in Islamabad by the doctor am I right?

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
sanna said:
Hi
Thank you for your information. Her appointment is on Jan 2013 so she don't need a letter as I am sponsoring her. I wrote a letter "To whom it may concern" I told them all this that she is required by the CIC to do the medical exam first.

So some of the exam result will be mail to Canadian embassy in Islamabad by the doctor am I right?
Yes - that's right. The doctor will send it to Islamabad ( sometimes via a regional center but it doesn't change anything for you), and the results will "wait" there for your file to arrive.... once the sponsorship part is done in Mississauga, the file goes to Islamabad, and the results are reunited to your file ( on ecas, you might see a line saying "medicals have been received").
Good luck,
Sweden

Camelboy

Oct 21, 2012
Visa Office......
Nairobi
sanna said:
I completed 9 month old forms I downloaded from CIC website there was one section ....
Thank you
Dear you should use the latest forms downloaded from the website otherwise Missisague is going to sent it back requesting to use latest forms.

sanna

Aug 6, 2012
Thank you yes I did download the new forms I saw some of the forms date were updated but some are still from 2008. But I downloaded this week all.

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

I've gone through medical on November 15, 2012. Just to let you know a few things guys.
- Medicals done by IOM Pakistan is forwarded to Regional Office New Delhi and then Updated in CIC Computerized System which can be accessed anywhere in world by any Canadian VISA Office
- For new medicals please do not forget to ask IOM that you need IMM1017 form which is needed to be added to your application package at the time you apply for Visa
- Also if you have been instructed by CIC for Medicals or Re-do Medical, do not forget to ask IOM Pakistan for additional copy of IMM1017 as it needs to be sent to CHC visa office for them to access your medicals.

sanna, about letter IOM is asking for, if you havn't sent your application to Mississauga, your wife do not need any letter from CIC or you, as it is classified as NEW MEDICAL. If you've received email/letter from CIC, you just need to take it with you to IOM

Hope it clears everything

Thanks

F

sanna

Aug 6, 2012
Hi Fhaider
Thanks for your info. Does IOM send the documents to case processing to Canadian embassy in Islamabad? I heard like this before. But now you said they will send it to New Delhi. Do they know what document to send or my wife has to tell what to send? She does not know ether what goes where. Ok she will ask for IM1017 and biodata summery report.

Thank you

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanna said:
Hi Fhaider
Thanks for your info. Does IOM send the documents to case processing to Canadian embassy in Islamabad? I heard like this before. But now you said they will send it to New Delhi. Do they know what document to send or my wife has to tell what to send? She does not know ether what goes where. Ok she will ask for IM1017 and biodata summery report.

Thank you
You don't have to worry about anything. As I told just take extra IMM1017 from IOM at the time of Medical and attach it to you application and send it to Mississauga. CHC Islamabad should retrieve your wife's medical themselves. Hope it helps ..

Thanks

F

pardesifr

Jul 19, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2013
AOR Received.
March 2013
File Transfer...
To London in 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 2013
Passport Req..
July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Aug 2015
LANDED..........
Sep 2015
I was on same boat since 1 week as some people here were asking me to Fill the Appendix C, while there was not Appendix C in the kit, then I understood that it was old kit, since December the kit no more include the Appendix C. (judging by that it means that it is IOM to provide the required Form).

But I got more confused today, as my wife booked the appointment through Email with IOM Islamabad

And in the list you see Appendix C, this is crazy why they asking something that is no more available on the website of CIC. Anyway I don't want to waste time so I got the appendix C from someone and ask her to bring it just in case.

But I feel like CIC try its max to confuse and puzzle people so that are more delays :S

Here is the email with list of documents they are asking to bring :

Required documents to bring:
1. Original passports of both with 2 photocopies of first two pages.
2. Five (5) recent passport size photographs (white background with light clothing colors).
3. Medical Request Letter/ Acknowledgement Letter from Canadian High Commission.
4. Medical form (Appendix C or Section A) from Canadian High Commission.
5. In sponsor ship case provide address of visa processing office.
6. Spectacles or medical history (if have any).
7. Total Fee for the above mentioned family is Rs.5, 300 it should be in cash.
Medical procedure comprises of
• Laboratory Sampling (Blood test, Urine Test and X-rays)
• Physical examination.

General Instructions:
For Children 5 to 11 years
They have to bring the result sheet of the last annual examination.

For Elderly
Applicants have to mention about the Mobility need.

For All ages
As part of physical examination all body skin would be examined except genitalia so be prepared and wear appropriate undergarments.

For Female
It is mandatory that you inform us about menstrual cycle, as in case of your periods we will be unable to conduct your medical assessment.

Note: Do not bring any kind of luggage and unnecessary attendant with you.

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pardesifr said:
I was on same boat since 1 week as some people here were asking me to Fill the Appendix C, while there was not Appendix C in the kit, then I understood that it was old kit, since December the kit no more include the Appendix C. (judging by that it means that it is IOM to provide the required Form).

But I got more confused today, as my wife booked the appointment through Email with IOM Islamabad

And in the list you see Appendix C, this is crazy why they asking something that is no more available on the website of CIC. Anyway I don't want to waste time so I got the appendix C from someone and ask her to bring it just in case.

But I feel like CIC try its max to confuse and puzzle people so that are more delays :S

Here is the email with list of documents they are asking to bring :
It's not CIC, it IOM Pakistan who is confusing others.
Also I did medical in November, fee was Rs.3450, how come, it's 5000 now?

Saisn

Star Member
Oct 13, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2010
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
12-12-2010
Med's Done....
08-20-2010
Interview........
Dont Like
Passport Req..
ASAP
VISA ISSUED...
ASAP
LANDED..........
ASAP
I have been to that doctor in IOM Islamabad and he doesn't know anything. He talks too much and comes up with his own personal requirements. I think CIC should provide training to him. He takes advantage of people situation of being so serious about immigration.
IOM has very unreliable system of appointment, I saw too many people there who traveled from different cities but they denied because their system errors. He gave me really hard time for very simple exam and I told him I will file his complaint to CHC.
He even doesn't look like doctor he is more Poet and will start poetry with you.
I will strongly recommend all to ask those people that we will complain about you otherwise be on right track.

Fhaider

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Saisn said:
I have been to that doctor in IOM Islamabad and he doesn't know anything. He talks too much and comes up with his own personal requirements. I think CIC should provide training to him. He takes advantage of people situation of being so serious about immigration.
IOM has very unreliable system of appointment, I saw too many people there who traveled from different cities but they denied because their system errors. He gave me really hard time for very simple exam and I told him I will file his complaint to CHC.
He even doesn't look like doctor he is more Poet and will start poetry with you.
I will strongly recommend all to ask those people that we will complain about you otherwise be on right track.
Don't go Islamabad then. I had better experience at IOM Lahore.