+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam for spousal PR card sponsorship

Landon10000

Jun 20, 2011
I had some questions regarding the medical exam for family class spouse PR sponsorship for outside Canada immigration application from US

Question 1: Link A. states you generally get the medical instructions after you apply (implying the medical exam is not submitted with the application package), but I have seen in the United States specific application checklist and on the IM 3333 instruction guide that you submit the medical exam results with the application. Can you clarify whether I need to submit the medical exam with my application package or after the application package has already been submitted?
i put spaces in before english and information
Link A. is the cic gc ca information page ending with medexams-perm.asp

If I must submit the exam results with my application package, then can you please answer the following question, question 2.

Question 2: 1 DMP stated they needed 3 Canadian passport photos, and another stated they needed 5 Canadian passport photos for the exam. I didn't see any requirement to bring a photo to my exam, in Appendix C in IMM 3910 (or the referenced section IMM 3333 Immigration Guide). Before I go and get 5 Canadian passport photos, can you please confirm the amount of passport photos needed and also confirm they are Canadian sized passport (not immigration sized photos, such as in Appendix B of IMM 3333).?

Thanks,

L

lolitaboom

yes you need to submit the medicals with the main application, then if it expires they will require you to redo it.

and 2nd its a total of 8 pictures, 5 of them have to be of certain size nd the other 3 are smaller, i cant remember the exact measures but all of them cant be the same sizes and it is specified in the appendix C the sizes of the pictures that you will need for your application, look carefully. At least thats how it was specified for my region.

Landon10000

Jun 20, 2011
the only thing it says in my region specific guide is 4 "immigration" sized photos to submit with the application. This is for the US region specific guide. The medical "instructions" appendix C of the US region specific guide states nothing about photos. Just has the form. Appendix C also references IM 3999 part 2 for "complete" instructions. Which in IM 3999 says nothing about bringing passport photos. Just copying the form for each member of your family. It also references an Appendix D I could not locate.

Thanks for your help

mossee

Star Member
Apr 19, 2011
Delta, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
07-04-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Passport Req..
08-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2011
LANDED..........
13-07-2011
I got a little lost in all that, but from what I understand, you are sponsoring an american to canada?

So in the guide, under Appendix B, there are guidelines to what the photos must be.
"The photos must:
• measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1” and 1 1/5”) from chin to crown;
• have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size.

These photos are NOT the same as Passport photos. If you go to any reputable photographer with those guidelines they should not mess it up (*except CVS Pharmacy, they had no clue what they were doing! LOL)

I have already received my husbands visa and COPR and we had his medical examination before we submitted his application, you get a copy from the DMP to include in your application. The DMP will forward the results to the Visa office.

As for number of photos I believe we sent 6 copies, sending more does not hurt!

Hope that helps!

sthomas

Apr 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 May 2011
AOR Received.
5 August 2011
File Transfer...
21 June 2011
Med's Done....
05 April 2011
Passport Req..
27 July 2011 (Passport & Appendix A)
VISA ISSUED...
22 August 2011
LANDED..........
19 September 2011
Landon10000 said:
the only thing it says in my region specific guide is 4 "immigration" sized photos to submit with the application. This is for the US region specific guide. The medical "instructions" appendix C of the US region specific guide states nothing about photos. Just has the form. Appendix C also references IM 3999 part 2 for "complete" instructions. Which in IM 3999 says nothing about bringing passport photos. Just copying the form for each member of your family. It also references an Appendix D I could not locate.

Thanks for your help
In the Philippines region specific guide, Appendix C never mentioned about passport photos. But when I called DMP for schedule , they required me to bring 5 passport photos. They used it for my MEDICAL file. Even the COPY 2 which was given to me to include in my application had my picture pasted with it. So in my case, immigration photos were the ones that I sent with the application and passport photos were the ones I submitted to the DMP.