+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam for open work permit. Please help

venkatesh jalubula

Star Member
Mar 10, 2016
Hi,

I am an international graduate student and my wife is on an open work permit. My study permit and her open work permit were expiring on 30-Mar-17 and I am planning to extend both of them.

Before applying online I visited the following page to check my eligibility http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do. I filled all the questions and finally I got list of documents to be submitted. Documents that I need to submit for my study permit renewal were all good but for my wife they were asking for PROOF FOR MEDICAL EXAM.

She came to Canada on 24 th July 2016 on Open work permit. She had her medicals done on June 2016 in India for submitting for her open work permit. She never visited India since then. As far as I know medicals are valid for 12 months. I am not sure why the CIC is asking again proof of medical exam.

Also, in the questionnaire there is one specific question "Has your family member had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician within the last 12 months?" I answered "YES" , still it is asking proof.

Does it mean she has to undergo medicals again for extending her work permit??

I am confused please help.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

venkatesh jalubula said:
Hi,

I am an international graduate student and my wife is on an open work permit. My study permit and her open work permit were expiring on 30-Mar-17 and I am planning to extend both of them.

Before applying online I visited the following page to check my eligibility http://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/eapp/eapp.do. I filled all the questions and finally I got list of documents to be submitted. Documents that I need to submit for my study permit renewal were all good but for my wife they were asking for PROOF FOR MEDICAL EXAM.

She came to Canada on 24 th July 2016 on Open work permit. She had her medicals done on June 2016 in India for submitting for her open work permit. She never visited India since then. As far as I know medicals are valid for 12 months. I am not sure why the CIC is asking again proof of medical exam.

Also, in the questionnaire there is one specific question "Has your family member had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician within the last 12 months?" I answered "YES" , still it is asking proof.

Does it mean she has to undergo medicals again for extending her work permit??

I am confused please help.
1. No, she doesn't require another medical.

Sep 13, 2017
Hi,

From where did you apply for spouse work permit at that time because I am also in the same situation and not sure how to apply for SOWV.