Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
9-2010
Med's Done....
10-2012
Interview........
8-2012
Dear all have a a good day!

We just did a Medical exam last week ! everything was normal and we are waiting the result , just my concern about the eye vision test as I am use spectacles ,first they do the vision test without spectacles and I can't see any No. Just the large one :eek: :) as my degree is -350 around that, but with spectacles I recognize all of the numbers and the numbers were very clear. So is that can caused Medical failure !!
on more think regarding the X-ray the flu and cough followed by phlegm can affect the X-ray result as well.

I'm a bit worry about these two things :-[..

Thanks a lot for helping me !

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
There is no situation in which requiring glasses will cause you to become medically inadmissible.

To be medically inadmissible you must present a thread to public health, public safety or the public purse ("excessive demand"). That number is reset every December 1. I haven't seen the new number, but for December 1, 2011 it was ~$6100.

Thus, I cannot envision a situation in which a correctable vision issue would be a barrier.

You'll be fine.

fox-star

Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
9-2010
Med's Done....
10-2012
Interview........
8-2012
Thanks buddy

I have contacted the CIC office regarding my application status and they said, we have been received ur medical result and ur case now is under Background check !
I think the medical result should be OK since they not mention about any problem since 4 months.

but now I'm waiting the process of background check !! I don't know when it will be completed and cleared

just please share with me any idea regarding the background check. any info might be useful for me.

Thanks a lot

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
fox-star said:
I have contacted the CIC office regarding my application status and they said, we have been received ur medical result and ur case now is under Background check !
I think the medical result should be OK since they not mention about any problem since 4 months.

but now I'm waiting the process of background check !! I don't know when it will be completed and cleared

just please share with me any idea regarding the background check. any info might be useful for me.
Background checks are carried out by CSIS. They consist of non-criminal background checks to determine if you are involved in war crimes, terrorism, organized crime, etc. These do not show up in a standard criminal records check and the details of how and what they do for this step are a bit of a mystery. The time required is variable and can depend upon the countries in which you have been in the past.

If it goes on much longer, you may wish to have someone in Canada submit an access to information query (or you can do a privacy act query if you are in Canada) to CSIS. I've seen cases in the past where CIC says they are awaiting background checks and CSIS says they were done months (or years) before.

fox-star

Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
9-2010
Med's Done....
10-2012
Interview........
8-2012
thanks for ur replay , well I did the medical exam on oct-2012 and I contacted them on middle of November when they mention to me that my case under BC.!

so do u have idea when they suppose to start the BC. did they start it simultaneously with the Medical exam date or after receiving the result or when? I want to know when the start it.

for me I have been living in 2 countries for more than 1 year "on of them is my current residence country" + my original country . so it's total of 3 countries.

I hope they not take longer than few months , as from medical exam till now almost 4 months..

Thanks again

fox-star

Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
9-2010
Med's Done....
10-2012
Interview........
8-2012
computergeek said:
If it goes on much longer, you may wish to have someone in Canada submit an access to information query (or you can do a privacy act query if you are in Canada) to CSIS. I've seen cases in the past where CIC says they are awaiting background checks and CSIS says they were done months (or years) before.
for submit access to info query in CSIS is it same as CAIPS or it's a different thing ! and do we need to fill-up any specific form or application for that request ?

Thanks for sharing ur Information

regards;

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
fox-star said:
thanks for ur replay , well I did the medical exam on oct-2012 and I contacted them on middle of November when they mention to me that my case under BC.!

so do u have idea when they suppose to start the BC. did they start it simultaneously with the Medical exam date or after receiving the result or when? I want to know when the start it.

for me I have been living in 2 countries for more than 1 year "on of them is my current residence country" + my original country . so it's total of 3 countries.

I hope they not take longer than few months , as from medical exam till now almost 4 months..

Thanks again
Well medicals can take 2-3 months to get back and posted to your file in any case, so you're within normal time frames now. Usually background checks are only a couple of months but that depends upon the countries involved. I know background checks for people from Iran are very slow right now.

But it sounds like you're close to hearing about it.

If you want to query CSIS, you need to submit an ATIP request to them. It's not the same as for CIC and you should review the instructions on their website.

fox-star

Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
9-2010
Med's Done....
10-2012
Interview........
8-2012
Thanks a lot for ur valuable information.

when I e-mailed them asking about the current status that was their replay was that my

application is still in active consideration. the medical results have been received. Your case is pending background checks clearance.
and for every background checks :'(.

then they asked me to wait till I hear from them.
so i think they already started the BC when they received the medical exam result on November.

If I don't heard anything from them till February I will start concerned ::) !!

regards;

sumith12

Feb 1, 2013
hey can you please tell me what happened with the results. i recently faced a very similar situation

fox-star

Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
9-2010
Med's Done....
10-2012
Interview........
8-2012
hi, after medical exam they never called me for medical test again, So I guess, it sounds good ! since they not asked for any other tests "No News Good News !" . but I'm still waiting to submit passport for issuing visa as they said my case under background check ..

Don't worry.
Hopefully everything will be fine..