+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam confusion(appreciate anyone helping)

canada47app

Mar 8, 2023
Hello guys.
I have submmited my Inland spouse application and now i received an email asking for medical exam.
My timeline is :
Submmited 10 feb
Temporary aor 24th feb
march 4th Aor
march 4th medical exam request
Now i came in canada in 2017 as a study permit and i dont quite remember if i did a medical exam but somehow on the IMM1017 , i have a ime number and the barcode.Does that mean i did a medical exam at some point?
Thank you for helping.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
If I recall correctly they give you an ime and barcode on the medical request because it's needed for the doctor to get your exam results matched up with you. The fact there's a number and barcode has no association with if you did or did not have a medical exam in 2017, especially because the exams are usually valid for only a year.

Picxie

Star Member
May 8, 2017
Hello guys.
I have submmited my Inland spouse application and now i received an email asking for medical exam.
My timeline is :
Submmited 10 feb
Temporary aor 24th feb
march 4th Aor
march 4th medical exam request
Now i came in canada in 2017 as a study permit and i dont quite remember if i did a medical exam but somehow on the IMM1017 , i have a ime number and the barcode.Does that mean i did a medical exam at some point?
Thank you for helping.
Yes, that is medical. But you won't be able to use it because according to the new Temporary Public policy, you can only use the previous medicals done within the last 5 years.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/notices/2022-foreign-exempt-ime.html