+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam and PCC (FBI) expired after AOR

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Ok..got it..but my 6 months period is about to be over so makes me more worried..besides other applicants who applied during the same time like mine have already got their passport stamped..i dont know what is taking too long in my case..
it is quite normal to go above the 6 month mark, bear in mind the average processing time is 6 months, for that to be the average, there has to be folks on the other side of it too right? I myself took 6.5 months in all, do you know where your application is processing? Is it at Ottawa or an LVO?

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
I am in the same boat. My wife and my medical will expire in April of 2019. Our AOR was May 2018. At that time we deferred my wife's X-Ray because she was pregnant.

Now, my wife will deliver in a few weeks (in December 2018). I hope when I add the baby as a new dependent to my application (sometime during January 2019), CIC will prompt all of us: me, my wife, and our baby to submit our medical exams through the online account?

Also: since my AOR was on May 2018, does this mean that I will need to enter Canada before May 2019 (within 1 year of the AOR)? I ask this because I am graduating from my Masters program on May 2019 and intend to enter Canda after July 2019. I hope there is no rule that states that one has to land in Canada within 1 year of the AOR?:(

Thanks for your discussion guys!:)
So multiple comments here, your AOR is may 2018, very unlikely you will reach May 2019 during processing. New medicals would only be requested for your new born (congratulations! ) not for you as long as your processing doesnt reach May 2019. Also, the expiry of the COPR on your passport will be the 1 year mark of your medicals, so that would mean, lets say you get your PPR and COPR around jan/feb 2019, you and your wife would need to land by may 2019. Your Child would have more time since her/his medicals 1 year mark would be later. The rule isnt that you need to land within 1 year of AOR, it is within 1 year of medicals taken, unless your application processing goes beyond may 2019 and you are requested new medicals which would mean you would have time till 2020 may to land. Hope that answers your questions?

Reactions: Supernova

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
So multiple comments here, your AOR is may 2018, very unlikely you will reach May 2019 during processing. New medicals would only be requested for your new born (congratulations! ) not for you as long as your processing doesnt reach May 2019. Also, the expiry of the COPR on your passport will be the 1 year mark of your medicals, so that would mean, lets say you get your PPR and COPR around jan/feb 2019, you and your wife would need to land by may 2019. Your Child would have more time since her/his medicals 1 year mark would be later. The rule isnt that you need to land within 1 year of AOR, it is within 1 year of medicals taken, unless your application processing goes beyond may 2019 and you are requested new medicals which would mean you would have time till 2020 may to land. Hope that answers your questions?
Thank you for your response. The advice provided on this board is invaluable for applicants like me. Your response clears up a lot of things.

Would I still have the option of retaking the medicals after the COPR if I decided to land after the medicals expire?

ateotia11

Feb 7, 2018
Thank you for your response. The advice provided on this board is invaluable for applicants like me. Your response clears up a lot of things.

Would I still have the option of retaking the medicals after the COPR if I decided to land after the medicals expire?
unfortunately no, the COPR is issued with that expiry and can not be changed by taking another medicals. You could try raising a CSE asking for an extension, though i have never heard of them obliging in this matter. You will have to do a soft landing and go back home.

Reactions: Supernova

amisanghavi

Star Member
Dec 17, 2017
it is quite normal to go above the 6 month mark, bear in mind the average processing time is 6 months, for that to be the average, there has to be folks on the other side of it too right? I myself took 6.5 months in all, do you know where your application is processing? Is it at Ottawa or an LVO?
No..i have no idea..i once called cic during the preliminary phase of my application ..they said that it was ottawa then and i was told unless and untill i reach 6 months duration i m not eligible to get any answer from cic..on 21december my 6 months are completing so i should be calling then and try to get further information..is there any other way to get application status update except calling?

Supernova

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
unfortunately no, the COPR is issued with that expiry and can not be changed by taking another medicals. You could try raising a CSE asking for an extension, though i have never heard of them obliging in this matter. You will have to do a soft landing and go back home.
I am planning to do a soft landing before April 19th (the last day of medicals). I will be staying at my friend's in Toronto for 2-3 days max. I will apply for the PR card, SIN and Ontario provincial health insurance using my friend's address who will then courier all the documents to me in the US. After doing my soft landing, I will come back to university in the US with my family and graduate in May. I will stay in the US till June (my lease expires) and then move back to again Toronto with my family after June.

I am hoping to make this work without asking for an extension to the medicals.

ruanp28

Feb 24, 2016
Hi, I am also getting my app processed at Pretoria. Would you mind if I ask you a few questions about their methods of doing things? I am getting stressed because I have not received any form of medical request yet, but my app has been transferred to Pretoria and I did receive AOR2 already. Hoping it is just paranoia.

Aug 16, 2016
Hey everyone,

I have applied under CEC Inland- EAPR : Nov 29th
Medicals status changed to 'You passed the medical exam' : Jan 7th
Medical status changed to ' You do not need a medical exam. We will let you know if we need more information': Jan 31st
Medical status changed to 'We are reviewing the results of your medical exam' : May 16th
Expected processing complete date is May 28th.

Called up CIC and they said:- All other processing(Background, eligibility, criminality, security and work experience) is complete. The officer is reviewing the medical results.

Now, my spouse arrived in Canada last year and I submitted his same medical(Work permit) which was valid till Jan 31st, 2019. My medicals are valid till November 2019 so the review is for my spouse for sure. His medical expired on Jan 31st and EAPR was Nov 29th so medicals were valid at the time of submission.
My timeline says 10 days left. Would I get an medical extension or should I plan for re-medical for him???