+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical exam again when extending a work permit?

colorful

Nov 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have been working in Canada for 1 year and 6 months. I need to renew a work permit (including my spouse's open work permit, and my child's visitor permit). do all my family need medical exam again? My last medical exam was about 1 year and 9 months ago.

Thank you.

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
colorful said:
Hi,

I have been working in Canada for 1 year and 6 months. I need to renew a work permit (including my spouse's open work permit, and my child's visitor permit). do all my family need medical exam again? My last medical exam was about 1 year and 9 months ago.

Thank you.
If you are in Canada and are applying for renewal from inside Canada, then NO NEED

If you are outside Canada and its been more than 6 months, then yes.

If you are outside Canada and by the time the application is processed and if you have crossed 6 months period, then they will ask you to carry out Medical examination.

Clear?

colorful

Nov 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you so much for your detailed explanation. :)

Anybody can share the webpage link which explains the the upper 'medical exam' requirement conditions for renewing work permit?
I'm now searching all CIC webpages, but I can't find a corresponding webpage.

Thanks.

Oct 17, 2013
Hi Group,

I await a Positive LMO,applied by my employer on 22nd of August 2013.I would like to learn form the Group whether it is feasible to bring family while on work permit or not.

Is there any help extended by the Alberta Govt. to children of WP holders pertaining to Education/Medical or we need to be on our own.And need to know an approx.expense to be borne on the same.

Regards,

Chandan