+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical condition and no answers from New Delhi

rajani.venkatesh

Sep 24, 2008
Hello Friends,

I got married in June 2008. My papers finally arrived in New Delhi on Dec 4th 2008. eCAS says processing from Dec 4th 2008.

I am on a medical condition (suspected TB). I went thru rounds of testing and medications etc., Finally I was cleared by my TB doctor and the DMP sent report to New Delhi on June 30th 2009.

New Delhi has received the reports on July 2 2009. It has been 3 weeks till date that the final report has been received by New Delhi. I have not heard ANYTHING SO FAR from New Delhi. No letter of any kind, no passport request or any more info from them about my case.

Not sure what to do on this situation. I emailed asking for a status, but last time I did that it took 3 weeks for New Delhi to get back to me. So now I am totally lost as to what to do.

Any inputs, suggestions on how to address this would be apprciated. Is it possible to travel to the Embassy/Consulate and try to get inside and talk to an officer ?

-R

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey there, I will try to help you as much as I know.
Going to the embassy will be useless, because they won't even let you enter the property, because you don't have any legual status to enter, so forget about that.
As I read over this forum, New Delhi is one of the most busiest Office round the world, and it has been only 3 weeks that they got the update on your medical condition, give them some time, and in that time, send them an inquiry asking about the application, and in what processing stage it is.
Do you know if your background check id done, have you ordered your CAIPS?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rajani.venkatesh said:
Hello Friends,

I got married in June 2008. My papers finally arrived in New Delhi on Dec 4th 2008. eCAS says processing from Dec 4th 2008.

I am on a medical condition (suspected TB). I went thru rounds of testing and medications etc., Finally I was cleared by my TB doctor and the DMP sent report to New Delhi on June 30th 2009.

New Delhi has received the reports on July 2 2009. It has been 3 weeks till date that the final report has been received by New Delhi. I have not heard ANYTHING SO FAR from New Delhi. No letter of any kind, no passport request or any more info from them about my case.

Not sure what to do on this situation. I emailed asking for a status, but last time I did that it took 3 weeks for New Delhi to get back to me. So now I am totally lost as to what to do.

Any inputs, suggestions on how to address this would be apprciated. Is it possible to travel to the Embassy/Consulate and try to get inside and talk to an officer ?

-R
It takes 4-6 weeks for the medical results to be input by Regional Medical Centre in Delhi, before the results are available to CHC Delhi. You should note the medicals are sent to the RMC not the CHC.

PMM

rajani.venkatesh

Sep 24, 2008
Thank you both for replying.

Any idea how my husband can order the CAIPS notes ?

Rorita, you mentioned that background check may be done or not. When the medicals are going on dont the CHC folks do other non medical things ?

I also received all my photos (except 2) way back in January 2008. So I thought they are done with all other things and they are just waiting for my medicals.

So does CHC wait for meds to clear and then goes to verify other things like marriage, background check etc., ?

Thanks for your time,

-Narahari

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would give it more time before you consider ordering your CAIPS notes. You are still well within normal processing times so I think you will just need to be patient and soon you will get some news.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey rajani.venkatesh ,
I am not sure, but I guess the background check is the last step in the processing, they make sure that the marriage is geniune, the medical is ok, and all the rest stuff, and finaly they do the background check, because it take time and resource, they need to do their investigation and maybe refer to other country. Like other told you, give it some time, and see what will happen.
good luck

rajani.venkatesh

Sep 24, 2008
Thanks folks. I appreciate all your answers.

The CHC had time to verify marriage all the way from Dec 4th 2008 till date. The medical stuff is what I am really concerned about.

Does it take that much time to verify medical data ? My DMP messed up my medical is what I believe. I went thru the treament process for 6 months for nothing. Can't the RMC review it really fast and send it to CHC ?

Rorita, hats off to you, the patience you have is amazing.

What info CAIPS notes will provide ?

Can the RMC still ask for more info causing delay ?

Can I apply visitor visa so I can go see my husband ?

My app started Nov 2008 and here we are in July 2009, so I am just concerned with the process length.

-S

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Hey rajani.venkatesh ,
What you mean you went thru a treatment for nothing, you mean you weren't really sick?
Concerning my patience, well thank you, but actually to be fair , it wasn't patience , in fact it was something that I didn't have control on it, other people were messing with my life and my husband life without any excuse or permission, we weren't able to do anything, so it was a no way out situation more than a patience situation...but it finally paid off the minute I saw the IO signing my COPR...it was all forgotten.
The CAIPS notes if ordered in the right time, will provide lots of info, mine was 84 pages...coded, the lawyer helped us understanding the important info, as well I have the meaning of the codes. In my case I t has provided all the info from the beginning till when Damascus received my file, the fact of the marriage, interview waived, ...everything in fact.
Concerning the visitor visa, lot of people try it, some people were able to get it, but most of them no, because when the immigration see that you have a sponsorship going on and you are asking for a visitor visa, they will dough that you will go to Canada and never go out.
Give it some more weeks, I know after a long processing, the word few more weeks is like a sword, but there is nothing to be done, this is their way of working.
Hopefully soon you will get good news.

rajani.venkatesh

Sep 24, 2008
Friends

I waited and waited for any answers but none so far. I have requested status update but nothing.

I am about to request one on this coming Sunday night by fax. I am just tired of this whole process.

It has been 90 days since July 2nd 2009 when my medical reports reached RHC.

• What is it that I can do to get any answers ?
  • Send Lawyer notice regarding my application ?
  • Withdraw application and retry (will I get my money back ) ?
  • Send a courier asking for more information ?

At what point are the CHC folks answerable to me about my app ?

-Rajani

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
  • What is it that I can do to get any answers ?
Send a case-specific enquiry using the form on this page: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=new%20delhi

• Send Lawyer notice regarding my application ?
If you already have a lawyer appointed as your representative, you can ask them to enquire on your behalf. You cannot simply call a lawyer now and have them enquire about your case. They will not give him/her any information. It must be someone that you have ALREADY appointed as your representative.

• Withdraw application and retry (will I get my money back ) ?
NO. You will not get your money back -- only your RPR fee if you paid this in advance. The application fee ($75) and the principal applicant fee ($475) will not be returned to you. This would be a poor choice -- you will simply have to pay again and start the process all over again.

• Send a courier asking for more information ?
NO. That will do nothing. A courier cannot enquire on your behalf.
[/list]