+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Clarification

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
We have won our appeal through Alternate Dispute Resolution in family class sponsorship for permanent residence. I want to write a letter to the local Canadian Embassy with a request to start reprocessing of my application and I want to send new police clearance certificate and medical with my letter along with copy of the decision from Immigration Appeal Division. My question is, can I send a new medical using Form D as I did first time when I sent my application or should I wait for local CIC office to send me the form? How much time will it take approxmately for me to get the visa in case they do not come up with some new objection? Thanks.

locolynn

May 19, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-07
AOR Received.
08-06-07
Interview........
06-12-07/09-24-08/09-27-11
Congratulations on winning your appeal!!!!

Lynn

Alfa_Beta

Aug 5, 2008
Could you plz tell me why ur sponsorsip Application was refused ? and you had to go to the Appeal Board? i have sponsored my Father 5 yrs ago and the sponsorship is still pending i am worried

Thanks

Alfa_Beta

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
Once you win your appeal the IAD will automatically send your file back to the original visa office for re-processing. They will send you a request for new medicals and new criminal clearances - and from what I've read about the experiences others have had with this situation, it's wise to wait for the requests as the visa offices seem to make even more mistakes re-processing allowed appeals applications than they do processing the initial applications, and loss of info runs rampant.

Unfortunately, the timeline for re-processing allowed appeals is not very hopeful either. You'd think it would be a simple thing and there would be some incentive - because the initial refusal was overturned due to an error in law or H&C discretion - for the visa office to correct their original mistake and get the thing done . . . but that doesn't seem to be the case. It seems as though they're actually more likely pi$$ed that the appeal was allowed. There is an appeal thread over at immi.ca that was started back in March 2007 . . . I don't think there's a single person participating in it who has yet to receive their PR visa after winning their appeal.

Anatolia

Star Member
Aug 1, 2008
Oh the humanity! Reading this post is quite upsetting! I shouldn't surprise me. Consulates and immigration officers are humans, capable of being mean and petty like everyone else. I suggest in any dealings you have with them in the future to be extra extra sweet and corteous as not to give them extra ammunition. UGH!

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
Thank you for your feedbacks. I have already sent my police clearance and new medical along with copy of decision from appeal division through our lawyer. I am hopeful but aware of possible delays as well. Lets see. Wish you everyone all the best. By the way I have been trying to register myself on immi.ca forum but havnt been able to do so even after using three to four emails. I think the registration process at immi.ca is very complicated or has some technical flaws in it. But I have been reading the thread regarding appeal and yes i have not seen anyone getting the visa yet even after one year of winning an appeal.