+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical certificate

karl10

Jul 26, 2012
Hi, I'm currently working here in hong kong as a helper. I'm just waiting for my LMO to arrive around august. My agency said that after that, they will now process for the request for me to have my medical and police clearance done. And by that time, it will be end of september. The problem is, my contract here in hong kong will expire by end of sept. Is it posibble that I just get my medical done in the philippines since I'll be going home around 1st wk of oct?

Ive called the hk police if I can get police clearance even after my contract is finished and they said I can get it as long as I have the request from the canadian consulate. So that is not a prob anymore.

But the medical? Can it be done in the philippines? Please, if someone know the answer, it would be a great help. Thank you. Need it badly.

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
Hi there,
I have similar situation as yours.
I'm Indonesian, I was working in Netherlands when I filed temporary foreign worker (LMO-exempt) with Vienna visa office in May.
Then my Dutch residence permit expired, so I had to go back home to Indonesia in July.
Luckily I received my medical exam request just before I left Netherlands. Vienna advised me to do my medical exam in Indonesia, then the physician would send it to London (Canadian High Commission, Overseas Health Program), where all these things are assessed.
I also provided the Vienna office with my Indonesian address and phone number.

Now I'm waiting for London to contact Vienna, and Vienna will then contact me for my passport. I will use Fedex to speed up since my Canadian work contract should start in September.

I'm sure if you would contact the HK office and explain your situation, they will advise the same thing.

Hope that helps! G'luck! Where are you heading to in Canada?

karl10

Jul 26, 2012
Thank you! Helps a lot to know that I'm not alone with this situation.:)
I just cntact then the canadian consulate hk for my philippine address and contact number. But the prob is, my agent says that I should do my med here in hk since my appli was filed here?

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
Hi, pls direct your agent to this website, question nr 7

www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-faq-medical-examinations.html

7. Can my dependents undergo the medical examination in another country?
The medical examination is given around the world by designated medical practitioners (DMP). Regardless of the Canadian Immigration Visa Office to which the application is submitted, the services of a designated medical practitioner in any part of the world may be used.

After that, change your agent or ask for discount.. Coz he's supposed to help you not making your life difficult :)

karl10

Jul 26, 2012
Question: if I've notify the canadian consulate hk about my change of address and done my med in the phils, will my appli be process now in the phils or still in hk where it was first and originally filed? Tnx

Jeannie Grey

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2012
Med's Request
19-07-2012
Med's Done....
27-07-2012
Passport Req..
14-08-2012
Hi, I think it will still stay in HK as it's originally filed at (in my case, it's Vienna). They will not move your application without informing you, that's for sure..