Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 31
LANDED..........
August 8 2013
68 Points said:
Dear Nisha Jee !

It must be worrying matter to you. As per CIC information , none is eligible to enter Canada if there is mistake in COPR and Visa sticker. However, COPR is not being seen on the way you travel but visa use to be seen in each point. In my suggestion , if the problem is in COPR only that can not be major and vice versa. Correction does not takes time if you visit CHC in person but have to take appointment. I went through same process to rectify errors that occurred in my daughter's visa and COPR.
Is correction possible during the time of strike at visa office?

Netra

Apr 9, 2013
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Feb 2012, Feb 2013 and Feb 2014
Med's Done....
18th feb 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Send with medicals on Feb 2012
VISA ISSUED...
30 May 2014, received on 5th June 2014
LANDED..........
by end of this year
rickyg said:
Hi all,
I have done my medicals and sent meds and passport to Delhi via courier a week ago. Can anybody suggest how long it takes get back the passport and how will they send back the passport to me?

Rickyg (Kathmandu)
minimum 6 months.. keep passion

gitaisha

May 23, 2013
68 Points said:
Dear Nisha Jee !

It must be worrying matter to you. As per CIC information , none is eligible to enter Canada if there is mistake in COPR and Visa sticker. However, COPR is not being seen on the way you travel but visa use to be seen in each point. In my suggestion , if the problem is in COPR only that can not be major and vice versa. Correction does not takes time if you visit CHC in person but have to take appointment. I went through same process to rectify errors that occurred in my daughter's visa and COPR.
Of course, the matter of worry and pain. NDVO is actually playing with our sentiment. They are doing works haphazardly. They stick Visa sticker without looking the names in the passport. In my case, name and surname in the visa sticker and COPR are same. But they differ with passport. Can we meet CHC in person? What is the process of taking appointment. How long does it take to correct? How do they correct? Do they ask to make new passport?

gitaisha

May 23, 2013
Ht2010 said:
I think, this is general trend, the NDVO practices. I also have the same problem, but, I do not think this is genuine problem, and thus, thinking to land without correction. It is because all the names which appear in my passport can be seen in the COPR letter, therefore I am not worried about that, however, COPR shows my names in different place.
Thank you for kind suggestion. I was also thinking to land without correction but when i saw updates of friends worrying to make correction, i could not remain without sharing my pains. I got different suggestions. i think our visa will be checked in different transit. can the error in surname bring any problems?

sharmilas

Feb 3, 2010
united kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
20 April 2010 (Ist AOR)
AOR Received.
29 April 2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
27 April 2010
Med's Request
26th June 2012
Med's Done....
16th july 2012
Interview........
waived till now
Passport Req..
26th june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th Dec 2013
LANDED..........
31st Jan 2014
gitaisha said:
Of course, the matter of worry and pain. NDVO is actually playing with our sentiment. They are doing works haphazardly. They stick Visa sticker without looking the names in the passport. In my case, name and surname in the visa sticker and COPR are same. But they differ with passport. Can we meet CHC in person? What is the process of taking appointment. How long does it take to correct? How do they correct? Do they ask to make new passport?
send by post with cover letter, the reason of sending it back. they will verify it. they will cancel the visa page and will put another visa on another page. it should not take long time. till then you can prepare your things. but without correction dont jump on the flight. its a big prob

sharmilas

Feb 3, 2010
united kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
20 April 2010 (Ist AOR)
AOR Received.
29 April 2010 (2nd AOR)
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
27 April 2010
Med's Request
26th June 2012
Med's Done....
16th july 2012
Interview........
waived till now
Passport Req..
26th june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
17th Dec 2013
LANDED..........
31st Jan 2014
Kalawati said:
The visa section in NDVO is in strike... if anyone sends passport they may have wait for another 3 months... it is better to have correction in the port while landing ....
kalawati ..how u know..visa section is in strike? is this genuine information ? since when it was in strike and how long it might take..do u have any idea?

Ht2010

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Kalawati said:
HT2010 ji,
Thanks for your kind info
Meanwhile when are you planning to land?
For your reference, I had asked to my fren in Canada, he also confirmed that minor errors will be corrected at the port of entry, and thus, we need not worry much. Well, I am taking flight next week.

Ht2010

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Kalawati said:
I am also planning to land without correction... The visa is canceled and before doing signature in COPR the custom officer asks if any error ... we can ask for correction in the port.
You are extremely right, such things are corrected at the entry port, and we do not need hang here and there.

Ht2010

Star Member
May 13, 2013
68 Points said:
Dear Nisha Jee !

Do not get panic. Plan your journey to Canada and land without any tense. You have your pp, visa, and copr, thats all which allow you to land in Canada. Further, the minor corrections will be made at entry port. We need to be careful with DOB, which should be the same as appers in pp. Now, we have a trend to put husband's surname after original surname, which causes problem. Therefore, visa offices put our name and first surname together, as the first name which is creating such problem.

Ht2010

Star Member
May 13, 2013
bishista1 said:
VISA OFFICE: NEW DELHI
Applied on: 4th May, 2010

2nd AOR: November, 2010

In Process: May 2012

TODAY:::4th July 2013
MEDICAL:::Expecting desperately since last 7 months but not yet....

Frineds, plz suggest me if I should test my horoscope with a renowned astrologer or visit all the 33 koti deities to get the MR..LOL!!!
If you see previous trend, they will send medical within one year of 'in process' status, however, everything differs case to case and case-officer. Be patient and wait couple of months.

Ht2010

Star Member
May 13, 2013
rickyg said:
Hi all,
I have done my medicals and sent meds and passport to Delhi via courier a week ago. Can anybody suggest how long it takes get back the passport and how will they send back the passport to me?

Rickyg (Kathmandu)
If you see normal trend, it should be done within 4-7 months, but, sometimes (in some cases) they take more. Be patient and wait, they will give you a good news very soon. And you will be informed via email to contact VFS to get back your pp. Now, just relax.

Ht2010

Star Member
May 13, 2013
gitaisha said:
Thank you for kind suggestion. I was also thinking to land without correction but when i saw updates of friends worrying to make correction, i could not remain without sharing my pains. I got different suggestions. i think our visa will be checked in different transit. can the error in surname bring any problems?
Hello saathi, do not think much on the same issue. At last we are going to Canada, thus, should be more creative, enrgetic and confidence. Yes, the visa will be checked in all transits as well as port of entry. I know, your frist surname and first name are together in the place of first name, that is not a big problem. For your information, copr will only seen in the port of entry in Canada, and such a minor error will be corrected.

Kalawati

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2010
AOR Received.
June 2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
27-11-2012
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
May 31
LANDED..........
August 8 2013
Ht2010 said:
Hello saathi, do not think much on the same issue. At last we are going to Canada, thus, should be more creative, enrgetic and confidence. Yes, the visa will be checked in all transits as well as port of entry. I know, your frist surname and first name are together in the place of first name, that is not a big problem. For your information, copr will only seen in the port of entry in Canada, and such a minor error will be corrected.
Ht2010 ji, I really appreciate your words.... some people landed there with Surname missing (Just regmi instead of regmi bhattrai), misspelling (shretha instead of Shrestha).. it is very common... well one problem is .. it takes competitively more time than others in the port for requesting correction ... No one has enough time to compare visa and passport in every port as there is always a long queue.... lets think positive!!!

Ht2010

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Kalawati said:
Ht2010 ji, I really appreciate your words.... some people landed there with Surname missing (Just regmi instead of regmi bhattrai), misspelling (shretha instead of Shrestha).. it is very common... well one problem is .. it takes competitively more time than others in the port for requesting correction ... No one has enough time to compare visa and passport in every port as there is always a long queue.... lets think positive!!!
I landed Canada on last friday. Therefore, I would like to request you all frens (who are in tense regarding missing middle name or first surname or misorder of name and surname) not to worry about that and to proceed with your plan. Best of luck!!!

ujwald

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
ND
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
06-10-2010
IELTS Request
Submitted
File Transfer...
23-11-2010 "In process since March 07,2012"
Med's Request
26-02- 2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013 and 03-03-2013 (Medical Received Line added on 13-05-2013)
Interview........
Not Made
Passport Req..
All documents Received by NDVO:12/03/2013
VISA ISSUED...
NA
LANDED..........
NA
@sharmilas
have you received yr PP back stamped with visa?