+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Application received with a mistake

badr777

Feb 13, 2009
Hi,

I received the Medical application (IMM 1017) last week and noticed that all the information mentioned in the application about me and my wife are correct, except for the pictures. My picture is pasted on her file and her picture is pasted on mine. I can swap them myself without making any damages to the file or to the picture.

Please advise.

Thank you

Canada_pr1

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo-now- CPP ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
Nov 2010
IELTS Request
along with docs
File Transfer...
Apr 2011
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Jan 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16 july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
26 July 2013(PP received 02 Aug 13)
LANDED..........
Hopefully next week
Better to send them enquiry and get it clarified....

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badr777 said:
Hi,

I received the Medical application (IMM 1017) last week and noticed that all the information mentioned in the application about me and my wife are correct, except for the pictures. My picture is pasted on her file and her picture is pasted on mine. I can swap them myself without making any damages to the file or to the picture.

Please advise.

Thank you
Even though you are not forging the documents and trying to correct an error made by visa office, I suggest let the vis office correct their mistake. So, returning back the whole kit is better.

badr777

Feb 13, 2009
Any other suggestions, because the last thing I would think of is to send the whole application back since it's going to take forever to get fixed.

Please advise,

Thank you

cariboo

Sep 27, 2010
Holland
Category........
Visa Office......
Berlin
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-06-2007
Doc's Request.
11-09-2009
Med's Request
19-06-2010
Med's Done....
06-08-2010
You have three possibilities: 1. fix it yourself (not recommended because you can put any photo on it) 2. send it back (that is not what you want because you think it will take ages) 3. just leave it (that would be my choice because everybody will see and understand). Hope you can make a decision now.

Olabisi2010

May 21, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi badr777,

Did you actually write your names and date of birth at the back of the photographs? If not, please do and send back the forms with a cover letter detailing the mix up and new photographs with full names and birth dates.

Please do not assume the role of the VO by trying to take ownership of the VO mix up.

Cheers
Olabisi

sengeb

Jul 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan-2007
Doc's Request.
March-2009
AOR Received.
May-2007
Med's Request
December-2009
Med's Done....
December-2009
Passport Req..
Waiting for>>>
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting for>>>
LANDED..........
Waiting for>>>
Dear Badr ,

One of my friends had the same problem .

When he went to the physician ,the doctor himself fixed the photos & signed beside them.

He is now safely in Canada!!!:)))

so, do not waste your time .

Cheers!

zagy

May 1, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
badr777 said:
Hi,

Please advise.

Thank you
I had the same problem, VO interchanged the pics of my daughters. My consultant wrote the letter to chc and asked them, shall we return the forms or we can proceed with the same forms. CHC london advised us to discard the forms we will re-issue the medical instructions. They sent me new forms after 4 weeks.
Its my suggestion to discuss with doctor, if he is authorized to change the pics, that will be better, you can save 3-4 weeks.

Zaheer

badr777

Feb 13, 2009
I wish I could take the documents to the doctor. The problem is that my Wife is in a different country. Which means that I have to send her the documents where she will visit a different doctor than mine( I live in the USA and she lives in Morocco ).

What do you think I should do in this case?

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Badr777

Don't tamper with the photos as they have stamped it across one corner to prevent such actions.

I had the same issue a month ago. I emailed my visa office ( had to do so 3 time before i got a response )
They will send you corrected forms. My suggestion send an email to your CIC office.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/photos-incorrectly-posted-on-medical-forms-anyone-else-with-this-issue-t53100.0.html;msg425431#msg425431

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
badr777 said:
Sisifo,

How long did it take you to get the correct ones back ?

Badr
Dear....
1) Let CHC correct their mistake after receiving Medical results from DMP. Better share the issue with respective DMP's (Send copy of your medical form to your wife and keep your wives form with u while visiting DMP). They themselve or you guys can provide them explanation letter mentionning error on the forms and let DMP courier it with Medical results to CHC.

I dont think CHC would mind if u go ahead with medical formalities with this error. Do send clarification letter with Medical results that will keep things clear.

2) Sending back whole kit is another option but more time will be involved but safest of all.

Gud luck

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my timelines on this med
It took me a week for my wrong form to reach me through the mail based on the date on the letter from VO. That letter gave me 30 days to complete my medicals and had also provided my visa offices email address and a fax number to advise them if it would be a problem to finish my meds in 30 days. i immediately sent them an email advising them of the mistake - no response. i waited a week and sent them a second email - no response. i waited another week and sent my 3rd email where i stressed that they hadn't responded to my previous emails and my deadline was fast approaching. That finally evoked a response.
They advised that they would be sending the corrected forms to me and had extended my meds deadline for a further 30 days based on the date of the email. The corrected forms were sent by priority mail and reached me within 3 days of the email being sent.

All users need to remember that what is posted on this website are mostly suggestions , opinions and in some cases experiences of the members and it is left to each one as to what you accept from the forum. In my case i wasn't willing to take any chances with someone else's opinion on incorrect forms as ultimately i will be the only one who will suffer should that opinion be wrong. As we have all have forked out some decent amounts for our applications , i personally felt that CIC should correct their cock up and not hope some DMP would do so for me. At the end of the day it is my opinion that what is on your medical form is very likely what is on their system and so CIC should fix it themselves.

hope it helps , my suggestion if you do not want to wait a week like i did then email them every 3 days or so. Good Luck

cheers