+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

medical and pcc

Godhelpme

Jun 19, 2008
Hi
I am an Indian married to a Canadian citizen. In process of filing PR forms.Need to ask few questions....any help will be appreciated...

1.PCC-

For how long PCC is valid?

2. Photos in Medical form and PCC-

Will there be any problem if the photos in medical form is same as that in passport? Mistakenly same photos got submitted. Now 4 months have passed since the medical was done. Now when we know that photos must not be same in immigration forms and passport-we clicked new photo for the forms. will there be any sorta problem? Should we submit same photos as in forms or new ones? or should e get another medical done?

Please help..

Thanks

yppgina

Jun 24, 2008
Photos are not to be more than 6 months old. I'm not sure if there will be a problem with that.... I don't know what PCC is though so I can't help you determine that I'm sorry.

Godhelpme

Jun 19, 2008
Hi
Photos were recent but same as tht on passport. Just worried if tht'll create more delay
PCC is police clearance certificate

yppgina

Jun 24, 2008
I believe the PCC is good for 6 months however depending on the circumstances and when they view it they may not require a second one.... on the other hand they may request one, it really depends on the I/O. In my understanding so long as the information is submitted to CIC in a timely manner they aren't typically known to ask you to do another one provided you haven't done any major changes (such as moving to a new state).

As I said, this is just my personal experience. My husband did his FBI clearance and we received it back on Sept. 11 2006. We submitted our PR application on the 2nd of January and it was received there on Jan 5th. We have not been asked to redo any police certs or clearances to date.