Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Today I got a notification from my DMP that they have received request for some additional tests for my child. I am in a real fix now as I had to travel out of country on official work by end of the month . I know for sure that even if we complete the tests, we will not get our passports back soon.

Question for Seniors - What will be the implication if at this stage I ask them to return my passports as is, since I have to travel , and then resubmit it once the medical is cleared. Is this a possibility ? Will they accept a request for return of passports and if yes, will they take a lot of time or by looking at my situation , they will return it soon ?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

mirza897

Apr 4, 2010
Dear KRRS,

This is the first time I hear the additional tests request is done to the DMP and not to you directly. Secondly, if you can share or would like to share, can I know the additional tests? I ask this because I am father of a Special Needs Child. My daughter is DS; therefore curious. If you choose to write on my personal e-mail, you can do that as well. mirza897@yahoo.com

With regards to the passports request, I am sure ( I have no basis for being so sure, my guess only) that you can advise them why you want your passport back and then re send it.

Good luck to you and I wish well to your Son.

KRRS

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2009
Doc's Request.
08-10-2009
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
28-01-2010
Med's Done....
27-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Mirza897,

I haven't met my DMP yet , so I don't know what they have asked for. I will get in touch with you once I get more details. I too am surprised as to why it has gone to my DMP instead of me directly.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Hi Guys,

I never heard of this before. Confirm with CIC if they have really requested for additional test.

Ask PMM, on this issue. you can send him personal message as well.

Thanks

canadp

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KRRS said:
Today I got a notification from my DMP that they have received request for some additional tests for my child. I am in a real fix now as I had to travel out of country on official work by end of the month . I know for sure that even if we complete the tests, we will not get our passports back soon.

Question for Seniors - What will be the implication if at this stage I ask them to return my passports as is, since I have to travel , and then resubmit it once the medical is cleared. Is this a possibility ? Will they accept a request for return of passports and if yes, will they take a lot of time or by looking at my situation , they will return it soon ?

I need to travel urgently but my passport is in your office. How can I get my passport back?

We can return your passport by mail to you if you Contact the Visa and Immigration Section. If it is an emergency, you may come in person to the High Commission between 8:30 and 9 am. Your passport will be ready for collection after 1 pm that same day. However if you arrive after 9 am, we will inform you when the passport will be ready for collection (there is no guarantee that it will be the same day). Unfortunately if you borrow your passport, it will take longer to process your application.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

KRRS

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2009
Doc's Request.
08-10-2009
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
28-01-2010
Med's Done....
27-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Bobby,

Thanks for your reply. I just want to reconfirm if the point highlighted in red is a response received by New Delhi CHC by some other member. If this is really possible, I am more than relieved . Do you know if we can call them for this emergency and get an appointment fixed for any day or can we just walk in to their office between 8.30 and 9 AM.

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KRRS said:
Bobby,

Thanks for your reply. I just want to reconfirm if the point highlighted in red is a response received by New Delhi CHC by some other member. If this is really possible, I am more than relieved . Do you know if we can call them for this emergency and get an appointment fixed for any day or can we just walk in to their office between 8.30 and 9 AM.
Sorry for the late reply and for any inconvenience caused. I thought that you were based in the UK as well, hence, the above is an extract from the CHC Website in London, under the FAQ.
Please take a look at the FAQ's on the Delhi office website.

Good Luck.

BobbyB

KRRS

Feb 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-08-2009
Doc's Request.
08-10-2009
File Transfer...
14-10-2009
Med's Request
28-01-2010
Med's Done....
27-02-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
Pending
LANDED..........
Pending
Mirza897,

I met my DMP today who too was surprised to see the letter for Canadian embassy for further tests. I guess I have no choice but to get the additional tests done & then leave the rest to GOD.