+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medial & Police Clearance before getting an ITA

priyesh1986

Feb 9, 2017
Hello everyone,

I needed to ask you whether I can start the process for collecting the documents which are required post getting an ITA. I have not yet received an ITA but I am hoping to get it in the coming draws. (I have a CRS score of 439 and the last draw cut off was 441). Also can I get my medical and police clearance done before getting an ITA? Since we have to provide all the documents within 60 days of getting an ITA, I am thinking that it will be better to be ready with all the documents so that I can file my PR application as quickly as possible. Also my IELTS score validity will expire by April end. So do I have to reappear for IELTS even after getting an ITA? Kindly provide your inputs. Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance :D

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You have 90 days to submit everything.

Nobody can predict the trend on the cut off.

If your IELTS is expiring in April, I suggest you book a test as your scores need to be valid at the time of submitting eAPR unless you are sure you can submit your eAPR before it expires and you can arrange all the documents and maintain the same IELTS score or improve it to get a higher CRS.

priyesh1986

Feb 9, 2017
Thanks for the reply. So can I begin my medical and police clearance process before getting an ITA so that I don't lose out on days for filing my PR application once I get an ITA?

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
priyesh1986 said:
Thanks for the reply. So can I begin my medical and police clearance process before getting an ITA so that I don't lose out on days for filing my PR application once I get an ITA?
Yes you can. Just remember that medical test results are valid for 12 months and if you do not land in Canada within that time, you will have to re-take the medical test. For PCC, you can get it early too but some countries have an expiry for PCC too. So make sure you know about the validity of the PCC of your country.