+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MBA (Top-up) from UK

hillol

May 12, 2018
London
Hello guys,
I would greatly appreciate if someone could kindly advise me on this please.

Basically I have a BSc (Hons) degree in Management from UK. And after that I have completed a professional qualification in HR from CIPD UK. This qualification is at Postgraduate level. So I have received a maximum possible exemptions for an MBA degree in HR from UK. I haven’t started the MBA programme yet. This only requires me to submit a dissertation to get the MBA degree.

I’m very keen to move to Canada and I’m aware that if I ever get an opportunity to move to Canada permanently, employers rather prefer a local degree. So do you think I should go ahead with this UK MBA degree or should I wait for a while and get a degree from Canada instead.

How good an MBA degree from Uk is regarded in Canada. Do employers value MBA or perceive an MBA holder as ‘overqualified’?

Thanks for your time in reading my long post.

EEBANKER

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Hello guys,
I would greatly appreciate if someone could kindly advise me on this please.

Basically I have a BSc (Hons) degree in Management from UK. And after that I have completed a professional qualification in HR from CIPD UK. This qualification is at Postgraduate level. So I have received a maximum possible exemptions for an MBA degree in HR from UK. I haven’t started the MBA programme yet. This only requires me to submit a dissertation to get the MBA degree.

I’m very keen to move to Canada and I’m aware that if I ever get an opportunity to move to Canada permanently, employers rather prefer a local degree. So do you think I should go ahead with this UK MBA degree or should I wait for a while and get a degree from Canada instead.

How good an MBA degree from Uk is regarded in Canada. Do employers value MBA or perceive an MBA holder as ‘overqualified’?

Thanks for your time in reading my long post.
Proceed if it will help you improve your points. If you are qualified to receive an ITA now then proceed with the PR and then do a degree in Canada