MBA admission decision - urgent help needed

M4MBA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Hi,

I have received one year MBA admission offers from :-

1) Simon Fraser University - Cost 24 lacs
2) New Brunswick University Saint John - Cost 16.5 lacs

There is a cost difference of 7.5 lacs so I am a bit confused as to which place should I choose.

SFU has good rank compared to New brunswick but will this cost difference be justifiable in terms of placement salary, Living cost and PR?

I have 6 years of sales and marketing experience out of which last 3 years was marketing, does that help in getting a good job after doing MBA even from New brunswick? If yes, then it will be a cost advantage for me.

Please reply urgently as my deadline for sumitting admission fee at SFU is 20 Feb.

Regards

M4MBA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Guys please post some responses.

I am deeply confused as I both of them look similar in terms of employment.

ramneet.b

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
Hi,

I have heared that SFU is better... when u r ready to spend so much dont consider the cost diff now,,,, also I would suggest you to compare the recruiters and placement percentage also the percentage of salary hike of both university(everything is mentioned in either the univ. website or in the rankings factors), consider the province factor.

Also try and send personal message to the seniors of this grp like tiger007, they reply on it quickly,.

I hope it helps :)

M4MBA

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Thanks Ramneet

The placement numbers are at par for both. That's where my confusion begins. Coz if same avg package can be achieved from UNB then why spend extra money.
But you are right in saying that Vancouver has it's own advantages as a province.

ramneet.b

Star Member
Nov 28, 2013
Not a problem .

As I said Try and send tiger007 a personal message,you will get your answer quickly n precisely(I got mine :) ) as you have to decide quickly...

All the best :)