+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May2014 applicants

Chuppilad

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
I don't know whether anyone else have experienced the same issue which I'm experiencing with e-CAS on-line for checking the application status.

My ECAS has been working perfectly fine till last Monday and showing me the progress.

When I try to check with my details from Friday onwards, I get the message that

•Please be sure the information you entered is correct and then try again.
•This service is only available to clients with applications in process. We may have received your application but not begun processing it yet. The following link may help you determine if your application is being processed:
Application Processing Times

Not sure what exactly does this mean?

Has anyone else experienced this issue before?

I tried calling CIC, but due to large volume of calls, it's not getting transferred to an agent.

Thanks
C Lad

brbr

Star Member
Jul 31, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just a quick update, just got off the phone with CIC and my file is still in Sydney, background check not completed yet (hopefully no fingerprint request). However the agent confirmed that once all is done in Sydney my local office will be Mississauga. Hopefully we'll get exam notices by year-end 8) ;D

larxace

Star Member
May 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010 Sent to NS
Doc's Request.
02-03-2010
Nomination.....
18-04-2010 sent docs to Buffallo VO
AOR Received.
06-05-2010 Received New File # from Buffalo VO
IELTS Request
sent with the file
File Transfer...
April 2011 - status changed to "in process" File transferred to NY Oct 14, 2011
Med's Request
Received 22-12-11 MR letter dated 16-12-11
Med's Done....
28-12-11, further test 1-26-12, Med received by CIC Ottawa 2-18-12
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Received 3-2-12 letter dated 2-21-12
VISA ISSUED...
3/15/12 (received on 3/28/12)
LANDED..........
April 2012
Hi Guys! I am also a May applicant and

Here is my timline:

Received application May 30, 2014.

Started processing application on August 1, 2014.

Recieved AOR and booklet August 25, 2014.

Good luck to all of us :)

Chuppilad

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
I managed to get CIC agent online and she mentioned that my file was still in Sydney and going through checks.

Thanks
C Lad

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I see test dates coming for April 2014 applicants. But there seems to be not a great movement in May 2014 applicants files. Even after processing started in July for us, the files are still in Sydney and not transferred to Local offices.

I just called CIC ( the menu options changed and wait times seem to be longer - isn't it?) and they said that my application is still in Sydney. It is in Processing from July 28th. No disappearance of "Received Line".

Wondering whether May applicants are getting delayed? Somehow....

How many of us have their files transferred to their Local office? I see only couple of entries for May in the below spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0

MonsieurCito

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi Friends,

I see test dates coming for April 2014 applicants. But there seems to be not a great movement in May 2014 applicants files. Even after processing started in July for us, the files are still in Sydney and not transferred to Local offices.

I just called CIC ( the menu options changed and wait times seem to be longer - isn't it?) and they said that my application is still in Sydney. It is in Processing from July 28th. No disappearance of "Received Line".

Wondering whether May applicants are getting delayed? Somehow....

How many of us have their files transferred to their Local office? I see only couple of entries for May in the below spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqi6FPDNYK_xdGplaHhxWFhVQkxFTjB5LUZ2anU2clE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
I was told by CIC that my file has been sent to the local office today

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
The chart has wrong info about me.

my local office is Mississauga, and not Calgary.
CIC has informed me that my file was sent to Mississauga office last week.
My receive line disappeared on September 14th
and AOR was received on Sep 17th and not August 10th as mentioned in the Excel Sheet.

here is exact time line:

Received application : MAY 1, 2014
Started processing: July 10th, 2014
Receive Line disappeared: September 14th, 2014.
file sent to CIC - Mississauga: September 14th, 2014 (maybe a day or two before this date as i called CIC on 14th as said my file was "already" sent)
AOR received: September 17th, 2014

Thanks,

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blackbook said:
The chart has wrong info about me.

my local office is Mississauga, and not Calgary.
CIC has informed me that my file was sent to Mississauga office last week.
My receive line disappeared on September 14th
and AOR was received on Sep 17th and not August 10th as mentioned in the Excel Sheet.

here is exact time line:

Received application : MAY 1, 2014
Started processing: July 10th, 2014
Receive Line disappeared: September 14th, 2014.
file sent to CIC - Mississauga: September 14th, 2014 (maybe a day or two before this date as i called CIC on 14th as said my file was "already" sent)
AOR received: September 17th, 2014

Thanks,
Sauga is the fastest office, u should be happy.

Blackbook

Star Member
Aug 21, 2014
I hope so too (u4g5)

My wife has gotten her oath this september and she applied in January 2014. her office is also mississauga.

Chuppilad

Star Member
Sep 4, 2009
Today my spouse received a RQ from the Mississauga CIC office( which was sent on 17-Sept) requesting to send all supporting docs to the local CIC office within 45 days.

They also wanted the authorization to get Canada entry details from the CBSA, even though we'd checked that option on our initial application. May be a standard procedure.

Has anyone else received RQs?

Looks like her file was transferred to local office and mine is still at Sydney.

Thanks
C Lad

MOONLIGHT64

Sep 20, 2014
I have the same case,
sep 19 the received line disappeared
sep 22 called the cic who told that my file is still in Sydney
sep 23 I got RQ from Mississauga office ( I think it is standard form) requesting supportive documents for residency although all the requested docs have been submitted with the application even CBSA, Health record from the ministry, Lease agreement, my son's school transcripts...
all the requested docs are already submitted with the application which is received on May 20 which means that they may be not even opened my file( nothing new to be added) . I reached to a conclusion that they choose a number of files randomly and send RQ just to extend the processing period due to the huge backlog.

Note: the cic agents answers over the phone are assumptions ( they told me that my file is still in Sydney and the next day I got the RQ from Mississauga office).

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MOONLIGHT64 said:
Note: the cic agents answers over the phone are assumptions ( they told me that my file is still in Sydney and the next day I got the RQ from Mississauga office).
Are u sure RQ was sent from Mississauga?? I know that RQ can be sent from Sydney and applicant is asked to send response to local office to speed up the process. So please check the origin of the package you received.

MOONLIGHT64

Sep 20, 2014
my timeline update:
Received by Sydney: 20-May-2014
Application in process: 28-Jul-2014
AOR received: 25-Aug-2014
Received line disappeared: 19-Sept-2014
RQ received: 23-sept-2014
local office: Mississauga

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014