Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
12 July 2012--Requesting a signature and CIC-O received the Doc's with signature on April 20, 2012
AOR Received.
12 July 2012---
File Transfer...
July 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 2nd, 2012
Interview........
November 21,2012 at 8:00 am
VISA ISSUED...
November 21.2012
xenon said:
From the forums, it seems like the Received line disappears either when the background checks are completed or more documentation is requested. It looks like the line disappears when a case officer has picked up the file for review. In this case, it looks like more documents have been requested.
Thank you for the info.

none

Star Member
Apr 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 12, 2012
Doc's Request.
12 July 2012--Requesting a signature and CIC-O received the Doc's with signature on April 20, 2012
AOR Received.
12 July 2012---
File Transfer...
July 23rd, 2012
Med's Done....
April 2nd, 2012
Interview........
November 21,2012 at 8:00 am
VISA ISSUED...
November 21.2012
u4g5 said:
Pls let us know what CIC required when you receive that letter.

ok i will

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
good luck to senioritabella for the test tmw, and come back share experience, pls. maybe the interviewer will tell why they processing ur case in rocket speed. ;D

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
The only thing that's 'strange' about the address is the "47 49 Dorcehster". It should be

Case Processing Centre - Sydne-Grant Adults
49 Dorchester or (49 Dorchester Street - a CIC agent told me it should still arrive even without adding "street")
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

But if your ecas was active at some point and you could see your old PR application showing "complete", then it does indicate your application was opened at some point. So the issue is figuring out what happened between when it was opened and why ecas isn't showing it (or the call centre agents can't see it).

[Quote

Tracking Number: 1Zxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery Date / Time: 29-May-2014 / 12:19 PM
Delivery Location: RECEIVER
Signed by: GEOFF
Shipment Detail

Ship To:
CITIZENSHIP & IMMIGRATION CANADA
CASE PROCESSING CENTRE-SYDNEY-GRANT
47 49 DORCHESTER ST
SYDNEY
B1P
CA
Number of Packages: 1
UPS Service: EXPRESS
Shipment Type: Envelope
Reference Number 1: xxxxxxx

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Thanks u4g5... I'll come back and share. Pls pray for me, guys. Hopefully all goes well and the officer will be nice and we can talk about the weather. lol :D

I checked the oath ceremony schedule and there are two ceremonies this Thursday, August 21st and two more next Thursday for August.

u4g5 said:
good luck to senioritabella for the test tmw, and come back share experience, pls. maybe the interviewer will tell why they processing ur case in rocket speed. ;D

derdoppelganger

Jun 27, 2014
North Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-09-2007
Doc's Request.
02-06-2008
AOR Received.
20-12-2007
IELTS Request
30-08-2008
Med's Request
12-01-2010
Med's Done....
16-03-2010
Passport Req..
28-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
Good luck too, SenoritaBella. We'll be anxiously waiting for your updates. :)

SenoritaBella said:
Thanks u4g5... I'll come back and share. Pls pray for me, guys. Hopefully all goes well and the officer will be nice and we can talk about the weather. lol :D

I checked the oath ceremony schedule and there are two ceremonies this Thursday, August 21st and two more next Thursday for August.

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
The only thing that's 'strange' about the address is the "47 49 Dorcehster". It should be

Case Processing Centre - Sydne-Grant Adults
49 Dorchester or (49 Dorchester Street - a CIC agent told me it should still arrive even without adding "street")
Sydney, Nova Scotia
B1P 5Z2

But if your ecas was active at some point and you could see your old PR application showing "complete", then it does indicate your application was opened at some point. So the issue is figuring out what happened between when it was opened and why ecas isn't showing it (or the call centre agents can't see it).
Thanks SenoritaBella for your reply.
One more thing - if the app was returned, shouldn't the application fee be refunded as well?

Anyway, Good luck for your test tomorrow!!! :D

BLT

Jul 30, 2014
none said:
'Received' Line disappearance : August 18, 2014
but In the process line they added this :" We sent you a letter on August 12, 2014. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."

What that could be ?
I hope they don't send you an RQ. It could be anything, finger print, additional documents of your family or yourself, and the worst RQ. Do you have lots of absence in you res. calculator form? Or lots of USA travel?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Well not exactly. If you paid by certified cheque(bank draft), then they will likely not cash it if they are returning the package. With a credit card payment, the money is processed almost immediately so CIC would actually have to process a refund of the fees (if you decide to abandon or withdraw your application).
Even though I can use my UCI to log into ecas, the receipt # I got when I paid the fees with credit card(starts with R) does not work. But I noticed on my notice to appear for test, there was a receipt number, all numbers (but I have not tried if it will work on ecas.

Thanks for your kind words!

fanboy said:
Thanks SenoritaBella for your reply.
One more thing - if the app was returned, shouldn't the application fee be refunded as well?

Anyway, Good luck for your test tomorrow!!! :D

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
Well not exactly. If you paid by certified cheque(bank draft), then they will likely not cash it if they are returning the package. With a credit card payment, the money is processed almost immediately so CIC would actually have to process a refund of the fees (if you decide to abandon or withdraw your application).
Even though I can use my UCI to log into ecas, the receipt # I got when I paid the fees with credit card(starts with R) does not work. But I noticed on my notice to appear for test, there was a receipt number, all numbers (but I have not tried if it will work on ecas.

Thanks for your kind words!
Thanks for your info.
I used credit card and I don't see a refund. I presume if the app was returned, at least some of the fees should be refunded.
Of course, I still hope they found my app and didn't return it.. :)

CPA2CANADA

Jun 9, 2009
Calgary Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1, 2009
Doc's Request.
Jun 4, 2009
AOR Received.
Aug 12, 2009
Med's Request
Sep 16, 2009
Med's Done....
Oct 1, 2009
Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
doctorkb said:
Where are you getting that data from?

As for location -- are you willing to travel back to NL for your test and then again for your oath?
Hi DoktorKB....I just based that on few people I know who have gone through this....I am willing to travel back to NL and for my oath..I still maintain my house here though...

Will they ask me if I still reside on my NL address?

WE LOVE CANADA

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fanboy said:
Thanks for your info.
I used credit card and I don't see a refund. I presume if the app was returned, at least some of the fees should be refunded.
Of course, I still hope they found my app and didn't return it.. :)
Hi Fanboy,

My status was active almost after 84 days. Don't worry. Should be there this week. As mentioned earlier, had they returned your application, you would have received it by now sir.

Don't worry. Wait this week. It should be up. Call CIC this week.....

I requested for ATIP notes also by paying just $5 ( I haven't yet received it - but it takes close to month).

fanboy

Star Member
Aug 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WE LOVE CANADA said:
Hi Fanboy,

My status was active almost after 84 days. Don't worry. Should be there this week. As mentioned earlier, had they returned your application, you would have received it by now sir.

Don't worry. Wait this week. It should be up. Call CIC this week.....

I requested for ATIP notes also by paying just $5 ( I haven't yet received it - but it takes close to month).
Thanks WE LOVE CANADA!!

Did you request ATIP before your ECAS became active? Thanks! I'm thinking of requesting it now. :)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Hey Guys,
I had my test this morning. Got a perfect score. If you read the guide and do practice tests, you will do well. As you know, I can't discuss the test questions (proprietry).

My interview with the officer was smooth. She called my name and asked how I was doing. I answered and also asked how she was doing and she answered. I had heard a lot about her (but never met her) and I told her so. She asked how I had heard about her and that she hoped I had heard good things. I said yes and that it was from a few students she had helped years ago. Then she moved on and just explained that she will be verifying what's in my application, residence calculator, stamps and my identity documents. She asked for passports, original COPR, PR card, health card, photo ID (like driver's licence - I gave my provincial ID).

She checked every page of my new passport and cross-referenced with the residency calculator, then put a check mark on a form(my new passport covers the past 4 years). On my old passport, she only checked the date of my original entry again the residency calculator.

Then she opened my application form, went to the work history page and asked:
1. if I was still working for the same employer - yes (she wrote down some notes)
2. asked me about my job - I explained and she told me about a family member of hers who is on some medication which is in the same class as the one being studied in my job.
3. asked me when I got married and wrote the date
4. asked whether my husband sponsored me - I told her no, but I'm sponsoring him.
5. asked if my husband is excited to come here - I said yes, and that he misses me. She said, "I know" and that the process is so long. hehe
6. asked me to confirm I did not have any prohibitions(same questions on the application form) i.e. no criminal charges, no issues with CBSA, etc - I said no to all.
7.She said she had no concerns, that CIC changed the process in August and an officer can now sign off on a file. She said she will sign off on the file, and next step will be Oath which I will hear from them in the next few weeks(I think, can't remember exactly).
8. asked if I'll be travelling anytime in the next few months, I said end of year. She told me I'll be a citizen by then, and she looks forward to seeing me at the Oath ceremony.

She could see that I brought my payslips, copy of my application, work documents and said, "I see you were very prepared. It's always good to be prepared". I agreed with her and she helped me put my documents back in the envelope. hehe Shr wished me goodluck with my job and said she hopes the weather improves (we've had crappy weather lately). lol

There are two Oath ceremonies this Thursday and next Thursday. Hope I get scheduled for one of them. The whole process(test + interview) took less than 1 hour. Goodluck everyone.