May need to return back

deepak1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Siniors,

I have some questions,

we have already received visa, But due to some personal (family) problem I may need to return back.I am planning that, We all three(wife and child) will land in cananda( still do not know in which Province) and I will come back an my wife and daughter will stay there. Now my question is:

1.How much time I have to stay there as my employer will not provide the leave more that 20 days?
2.My wife want to study there- is the university education free or she can aply for scholarship.?
3.And does canadian government provide the financial support for child( CHild is 7yrs)?

Please suggest me,

Thanks
Deepak1

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1.You will have to wait 3 weeks to pick your PR card or send to your address.
2.Education for your spouse is not free.
Good luck
Benny

nilsej

Star Member
Nov 20, 2009
All the benefit is related to income so somebody must live there for sometime and prove them that you are living there and you are earning and and if not earning then you have to prove that not getting employment even after finding for many months( like rejection letters from different companies) then they might consider you for relevant benefit.

domingo

Jan 20, 2009
deepak1 said:
Dear Siniors,

I have some questions,

we have already received visa, But due to some personal (family) problem I may need to return back.I am planning that, We all three(wife and child) will land in cananda( still do not know in which Province) and I will come back an my wife and daughter will stay there. Now my question is:

1.How much time I have to stay there as my employer will not provide the leave more that 20 days?
2.My wife want to study there- is the university education free or she can aply for scholarship.?
3.And does canadian government provide the financial support for child( CHild is 7yrs)?

Please suggest me,

Thanks
Deepak1
Since your wife and daughter are stying back, they can collect the PR Card. As far as other two questions are concerned, I will get back to you after doing some research.

zygurn

Star Member
Dec 26, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
17-08-2009
Med's Done....
14-09-2009
Interview........
02-12-2008
Passport Req..
28-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-03-2010
1. Since your wife is staying there, she can receive the PR for you and send yours via UPS, DHL, etc so you could get back in Canada once your business at your home country are done.
2. It's not free but she would be a PR, she can apply for scholarships or financial aid but the specifics of how to are, well, specific to the college/university/province/loaning entity/etc so there's some research to be done on her side.
3. There's a Canada Child Tax Benefit: http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/bnfts/cctb/menu-eng.html I don't know the specifics of it but from what I've read, they give you a check every month, I may be mistaken but it's best you read about it in the link I provided. I do not know if there are any specific programs at provincial level though.

ei8ht

Star Member
Jan 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
15 Aug 2009
deeps, come back anytime with your pr card mailed by your spouse. here our kids get around $200 in child benifits within 30 days of landing. the amount is +/- in respect to our cases. before 6-8 months getting any loans or scholarships or grants is difficult. only public school edn is free.

deepak1

Star Member
Oct 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks you all for your valuable suggestion!

Now I still have some doubt.

Will it be very hard for her to work/study and look after the kid? I have read somewhere that it is illegal to leave kid alone in home. Is there any option such as child care ? How to manage it?(In day she will be in school)
I think she have to stay Canada without me for 1 year. Is it possible to study/work and look after kid?
How much minimum budget she may required per month and I can manage about 500 $ for her per month.

Please senior I am expecting your suggestion.

Thanks
Deepak1

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

deepak1 said:
Thanks you all for your valuable suggestion!

Now I still have some doubt.

Will it be very hard for her to work/study and look after the kid? I have read somewhere that it is illegal to leave kid alone in home. Is there any option such as child care ? How to manage it?(In day she will be in school)
I think she have to stay Canada without me for 1 year. Is it possible to study/work and look after kid?
How much minimum budget she may required per month and I can manage about 500 $ for her per month.

Please senior I am expecting your suggestion.

Thanks
Deepak1
She won't be able to survive on $500 per month, I doubt if you can rent a bachelor apartment for that in any city in Canada. Then there is the rest of costs.

PMM

zygurn

Star Member
Dec 26, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
Guatemala
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2009
AOR Received.
09-06-2009
Med's Request
17-08-2009
Med's Done....
14-09-2009
Interview........
02-12-2008
Passport Req..
28-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2009
LANDED..........
10-03-2010
Canada is kind of expensive (depending where you come from), there's a reason why the proof of funds are so high and people here usually say that you need to multiply the CIC amount times 4 to have an actual projection of what you will spend on your first 6 months. Having said that, $500 won't even cover rent if it's in a big city (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, etc), I honestly don't know how small cities prices fare though. First, you need to choose where you intend to stay and then research the place.