+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May intake 2023 sds still waiting

tavleen2917

Apr 13, 2023
Many congratulations! Great news is needed these days! :) Did your brother apply via SDS? Was it 13 weeks for him, right? The longest timeline I've seen in 2023 so far..
Get ready to be surprised then lol.... he applied sds on 12th Jan 2023 (so took like 14 weeks 4 us)...his application stopped updating after 20th jan....in April we had no option but to contact MP of nova scotia and the assistant of MP tried finding out what's wrong with our application....she reaffirmed our application status and told us that she has asked 4 updates from the agents but stopped replying after that...we got our PPR in less than 10 days after her intervention..so that's that

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
I am stunned. Is this what it takes to get your file moving along these days? :oops: How did you even come about contacting an MP? Is it a general tip anyone can try or that particular MP was one of your friends? (Sorry, if that sounds out of line) :confused:

Get ready to be surprised then lol.... he applied sds on 12th Jan 2023 (so took like 14 weeks 4 us)...his application stopped updating after 20th jan....in April we had no option but to contact MP of nova scotia and the assistant of MP tried finding out what's wrong with our application....she reaffirmed our application status and told us that she has asked 4 updates from the agents but stopped replying after that...we got our PPR in less than 10 days after her intervention..so that's that

step1234

Mar 8, 2023
I am stunned. Is this what it takes to get your file moving along these days? :oops: How did you even come about contacting an MP? Is it a general tip anyone can try or that particular MP was one of your friends? (Sorry, if that sounds out of line) :confused:
Parrots, I read that anyone can do that. Especially when your application is excessively delayed. If only you know your province MP's email. Don't know if it works though.

Reactions: parrots

tavleen2917

Apr 13, 2023
I agree it's absolutely messed up.... I have a few friends on PR in Canada and they said to try emailing the MP as a last resort....we weren't expecting much but atleast the MP s staff responded...and yeah am just assuming her intervention helped ( it did prolly help but I hv no proof as she never replied again ) .... and when she told us our status she said that it was on eligibility review however our official application Status was stuck on background check... so basically these ircc agents had just forgotten about our application

Reactions: parrots

Rongrong

Apr 20, 2023
I submitted study & coop work application online from China via SDS on Mar 12. My February Medical result has not been connected yet... and still no review of eligibility. My VCC program will be start from May 29. So I will be deferred to this September intake, if enough seat, and lucky enough. I have no idea about why CPC Edmonton is so inefficient... I sent webform four times, but only received reply template and asked me to wait... so depressed...

tavleen2917

Apr 13, 2023
I submitted study & coop work application online from China via SDS on Mar 12. My February Medical result has not been connected yet... and still no review of eligibility. My VCC program will be start from May 29. So I will be deferred to this September intake, if enough seat, and lucky enough. I have no idea about why CPC Edmonton is so inefficient... I sent webform four times, but only received reply template and asked me to wait... so depressed...
Webforms are basically useless and u can try getting in touch with the MP of the province your heading to , but only after the official processing time of your application is over. ( in case of study visa it's 9 weeks )

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Thanks @step1234 ;) I'll keep that in mind, for sure! I want to believe it won't come to that, though. Your timeline of 23 weeks was insane, but it was infamous 2022. This year, well, I guess @tavleen2917 is a new benchmark of 13 weeks so far. However, I'm prepared to wait for up to 18 weeks because that was our first experience. I'll consider our application to exceed our personal "normal" processing time after that :rolleyes: And then I might use your advice guys @tavleen2917 and @step1234

Parrots, I read that anyone can do that. Especially when your application is excessively delayed. If only you know your province MP's email. Don't know if it works though.

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Thank you @tavleen2917 again for sharing your story! :) This is a totally new information for me and I guess it will be useful to many people down the road. As I said, I wish it doesn't come to that for anyone else. It's awesome that it has worked out for you and the whole wait is over! Good luck to you with your next step!

I agree it's absolutely messed up.... I have a few friends on PR in Canada and they said to try emailing the MP as a last resort....we weren't expecting much but atleast the MP s staff responded...and yeah am just assuming her intervention helped ( it did prolly help but I hv no proof as she never replied again ) .... and when she told us our status she said that it was on eligibility review however our official application Status was stuck on background check... so basically these ircc agents had just forgotten about our application

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Yeah, I would also advise to use writing to MP as a last resort only in case your application @Rongrong is way beyond 14 weeks.

By the way, the official processing time for SP now is 7 weeks :rolleyes: (still can't get it why don't they have a facepalm emoji on this forum, it would come in so handy)

Webforms are basically useless and u can try getting in touch with the MP of the province your heading to , but only after the official processing time of your application is over. ( in case of study visa it's 9 weeks )

parrots

Jul 19, 2022
Hang in there @Rongrong! Webforms are useless, don't bother sending any more of those. Loads of people had to defer their programs, me included, you are definitely not alone, if this is of any cancellation :)

trkm93

Jun 28, 2022
so means even though I'm not in Canada right now, but I can contact the MP of the area I'm going to live/study/work?