+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MAY BE A GOOD NEWS FOR OLD CASES!

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
This is the message received to one on the consultant from CHC - I copied this from trackitt not sure how soon we will see any change in the process timing for old cases.

This is what it says in quotes;

"I received this message as I am an Immigration Consultant and thought I would share it. Regards, Camilla Jones Message from CIC:
===========================================
Please be advised that efforts related to the implementation of the Ministerial Instructions (C-50) has resulted in accelerated processing of the older cases in the pre-C50 backlog. The applications are being activated and letters requesting specific documents are being sent out. The request letter will be sent only once and applicants will be given 90 days to produce the documents. If the requested documents are not received within 90 days, the application will be assessed based on the available information and may be refused.

We have been advised by some representatives that the document request letters have not being received, since they were sent to 'old' or no longer valid addresses. This is a reminder that it is the responsibility of the applicant, and by extension his/her representative, to ensure that the visa office has a valid and current mailing address. Notification of address changes should be sent by fax or e-mail to the appropriate visa office.

Estimates, based on previous experience, of how long a file will spend in the backlog before being processed are no longer accurate. The time that files spend in the backlog, before being processed, is dramatically changing and therefore visa offices have to be kept advised of changes to contact information.

Your assistance in distributing this message to members of your respective organizations is requested.

Regards,

Erica Usher
Director, Operational Coordination
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | 365 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1
Government of Canada"

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Although helpful, This is quite old. I posted the same info some months back on this forum.

reksa

Star Member
Oct 5, 2008
Dear all,

Can you advice what to do .... FSW Cat 1

I did not receive any letter from NS, but some one just informed me with the client ID, by checking the cic web site, my status is as follow

We received your application for permanent residence on March 30, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on April 16, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us

Any expert can advice what to do specially the 120 days is over

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Or, they did it but was lost in the mailing process. I would suggest you write a letter to CIC and tell them that you did'nt receive any letter from them.

...But I am not an expert...