+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Hi friends !

Someone is unlucky like me here ? Please give proper advice.
AOR: 12 may
Get married and add spouse name: 2 June
Requested to pay $550 as spouse fee : July 28
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The addition document you provided was being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: your application in in progress. We will send you message when we will start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I've already applied for extensions of work permit bczMy work permit will expire next Month.

My lawyer said we are still good for your application. I don't know what's going on in his mind. I'm totally frustrated.

Please give your valuable suggestions
Hi, I'm pretty much same.. Still No luck..
May 4th AOR CEC .. but BG still says N/A
Everyday I check a million times to see whether my BG changes to 'We are processing ..." or not..
a big disappointment every time ..
Hope we all get PPRs soon.. it has been 135 days already..
BG in N/A for more than 3 months.. but still, we are in their regular processing time.. we should not worry until we reach 180 days, but its not possible not to worry..

kimi_pat

Star Member
May 2, 2017
Everyday I check a million times to see whether my BG changes to 'We are processing ..." or not..
BG in N/A for more than 3 months.. but still, we are in their regular processing time.. we should not worry until we reach 180 days, but its not possible not to worry..
Hi there,

I am in the same status. I do check every half an hour for any updates in BG check.

I am May 21st CEC Inland.
BG - NA

Reactions: srujju

chow 423

Star Member
Jun 7, 2017
don't worry bro. you will get soon

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hi friends !

Someone is unlucky like me here ? Please give proper advice.
AOR: 12 may
Get married and add spouse name: 2 June
Requested to pay $550 as spouse fee : July 28
Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents: The addition document you provided was being reviewed.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check: your application in in progress. We will send you message when we will start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I've already applied for extensions of work permit bczMy work permit will expire next Month.

My lawyer said we are still good for your application. I don't know what's going on in his mind. I'm totally frustrated.

Please give your valuable suggestions
Your application is perfectly fine! Remember that you added a spouse, so they require the same time to do the background/eligibility check, they needed to do for you. If they requested your spouses' medical report and other docs then you might get your PPR up to 2 weeks.

Just relax and enjoy the weekend :)

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
did any one from may AOR got ppr after the rcmp request and submisstion. please. file stuck for 116 days. may 23 aor her. rcmp requested on august 17 and submitted on 21. whats happening to the file with rcmp request?
The only time they ask for a RCMP is when another person with criminal background has the same name as you, so they want to make sure that its actually someone else.
Don't worry about it, it might delay your processing time for 1 day max (if your record is clear) :)

Reactions: Samoinp

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
The only time they ask for a RCMP is when another person with criminal background has the same name as you, so they want to make sure that its actually someone else.
Don't worry about it, it might delay your processing time for 1 day max (if your record is clear) :)
Hey,

I also had rcmp request on august 22 & submitted on 31 august. My adr is still " we need more docs" & called cic previous day & file is still in same stage ie criminality .

So, I would say rcmp might delay file for 3-4 weeks.

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Don't worry about it :)
People who are "stuck" in N/A for a longer period of time, usually get the change of Background to "We are Processing" and the PPR email the same day

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hey,

I also had rcmp request on august 22 & submitted on 31 august. My adr is still " we need more docs" & called cic previous day & file is still in same stage ie criminality .

So, I would say rcmp might delay file for 3-4 weeks.
I don't think so, because RCMP is basically a report from the Canadian police that you just have to cross check with the applicants' name and date of birth. The RCMP check, already post submission by the applicant, cannot last 3-4 weeks.
Check for criminality and security, which usually happens at the same time and is quite a long process and involves many agencies, such as CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking, and touch-base with Local Police (to get the confirmation of RCMP report). And this is the part that is final and very detail-oriented, because many things are considered here... number of the countries visited, your nationality, your job in Law Enforcement (if you had one), Prolonged stay in a country without a reason, frequent visit of certain countries, that have a high rate of terrorism etc.

The RCMP check takes only 1 week to get and 1 day for CIC to check.
Only if your name pops up in some other agencys' report, they might do a further investigation, which might take a longer time.

Being stuck in a Criminality stage means that they are most likely still awaiting the results of the check from other agencies.

If you are clear, then no need to worry :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Samoinp

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
I don't think so, because RCMP is basically a report from the Canadian police that you just have to cross check with the applicants' name and date of birth. The RCMP check, already post submission by the applicant, cannot last 3-4 weeks.
Check for criminality and security, which usually happens at the same time and is quite a long process and involves many agencies, such as CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking, and touch-base with Local Police (to get the confirmation of RCMP report). And this is the part that is final and very detail-oriented, because many things are considered here... number of the countries visited, your nationality, your job in Law Enforcement (if you had one), Prolonged stay in a country without a reason, frequent visit of certain countries, that have a high rate of terrorism etc.

The RCMP check takes only 1 week to get and 1 day for CIC to check.
Only if your name pops up in some other agencys' report, they might do a further investigation, which might take a longer time.

Being stuck in a Criminality stage means that they are most likely still awaiting the results of the check from other agencies.

If you are clear, then no need to worry :)
I do agree that security check takes time. But criminality & security are done at separate stages. Medicals > Criminality > Eligibility > Security.
My rcmp report says I have no trace of any crime. But it's all about when cic picks up my file again, they haven't yet. When they do, surely it will take them little time to verify rcmp report.
I have already submitted my rcmp report & still no updates after that, so yes 3-4 weeks delay is happenig with me & some other people too that I found on this forum.

Anand.ch225

Aug 31, 2017
Hi, I am from EE FSW..May 27 I submitted my application, July 27 I got a message for additional docs, which I provided within 4 days. Since then the profile was showing ADR - being reviewed and BG - NA, but I checked today and BG status shows - we are processing your BG check...' What does it mean...any clue?

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
Hi, I am from EE FSW..May 27 I submitted my application, July 27 I got a message for additional docs, which I provided within 4 days. Since then the profile was showing ADR - being reviewed and BG - NA, but I checked today and BG status shows - we are processing your BG check...' What does it mean...any clue?
It means that you are in a final stage of the processing :)

Reactions: Anand.ch225

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
I do agree that security check takes time. But criminality & security are done at separate stages. Medicals > Criminality > Eligibility > Security.
My rcmp report says I have no trace of any crime. But it's all about when cic picks up my file again, they haven't yet. When they do, surely it will take them little time to verify rcmp report.
I have already submitted my rcmp report & still no updates after that, so yes 3-4 weeks delay is happenig with me & some other people too that I found on this forum.
I guess it all differs in terms of stages now, because in my RPRF letter it says:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and medical) is still on going; you will be contacted if additional
information is required for that purpose.
At this time our records indicate that you have not paid the required Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued....." , so "Medical>Criminality>Eligiblity>Security" is not always a standard process.

Anyways, every case is unique :)

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I guess it all differs in terms of stages now, because in my RPRF letter it says:

"This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa, which has been found eligible in the class for which it was submitted. Admissibility review (security, criminality and medical) is still on going; you will be contacted if additional
information is required for that purpose.
At this time our records indicate that you have not paid the required Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). You must pay this fee before a permanent resident visa can be issued....." , so "Medical>Criminality>Eligiblity>Security" is not always a standard process.

Anyways, every case is unique :)
I got the same message as you (my medical is passed though and no additional documents needed) I hope it's just a standard letter!