+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

May AOR 2017 - Join here.

AFUA2017

Jul 23, 2017
Just for the information sake, i know some people who dont have any travel histroy but still stuck with us... i guess it depends more on the officer than the case itself. Lets just hope everything gets cleared soon...
yes, so many people with almost no travel history, yet, stuck with us as well!

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Let's do it then?
Let's do it then?
Guys if u see
People who applied after me or before me, getting "in process of background check"
Not getting any updates except medical is cleared its been and half months now.
stress level is very high:mad::confused:
Don't stress yourself, through my whole process i just saw
Medical passed
NA- Backgroud.
Thats it, so chill ull get update anytime soon. Best of luck.

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
Guys if u see

Don't stress yourself, through my whole process i just saw
Medical passed
NA- Backgroud.
Thats it, so chill ull get update anytime soon. Best of luck.
Hey,
See i don't mind waiting, that's fine but there should be pattern in processing files, they are just randomly picking files.
It's no longer first come first serve, that might be reason that they don't have track of files as I see people waiting from 8 months with their file being stuck at some point, say eligibility review for 3-4 months.

Reactions: btoronto

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Hey,
See i don't mind waiting, that's fine but there should be pattern in processing files, they are just randomly picking files.
It's no longer first come first serve, that might be reason that they don't have track of files as I see people waiting from 8 months with their file being stuck at some point, say eligibility review for 3-4 months.
I agree, the thing is files are distributed all over and some visa offices are better than others. As my file was in Ottawa and get processed in exact 3 months were as my friend is having his file in Sydney VO and still she is waiting for update.

jsghai

Star Member
Feb 9, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
There was time when CEC was the fastest category and FSW was slowest and to cover the FSW backlog they are getting priority these days.

I know its easy to say chill and wait. But this is what we can do if we are under deadlines which is 6 months.

jenkinson

Star Member
Jan 15, 2017
May 18 AOR and my status changed to Medicals passed on Aug 1st. My work permit is expiring onNov 28th. Do I wait or apply for bridge work permit ? How long does it take to proces bridge work permit?
As I'm working full time I need to have valid SIN. Pls advise
It's a tough call but if I were you, I'd go for the BOWP so I don't see any nightmares. You have less than 3 months left on your permit and I think at this point, it's too risky to rely on being able to land within that period.

WP processing time is indicated to be 78 days.

Check out these links for the details.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp

singh_b

Mar 19, 2017
I agree, the thing is files are distributed all over and some visa offices are better than others. As my file was in Ottawa and get processed in exact 3 months were as my friend is having his file in Sydney VO and still she is waiting for update.
Hi,

I agree with some VO offices being slow & some being fast. As far as I know, all the files initially go to Vo in Sydney, Nova Scotia then transferred to LVO after one of their analyst has done review of file then LVO does final review of file & takes decision.

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
May 18 AOR and my status changed to Medicals passed on Aug 1st. My work permit is expiring onNov 28th. Do I wait or apply for bridge work permit ? How long does it take to proces bridge work permit?
As I'm working full time I need to have valid SIN. Pls advise

Can anyone help me with this ?
Better apply for a BOWP. The 6 months processing time for a PR application is just an estimate, so it might take longer

Sharathsonu

Dec 30, 2016
I cannot submit a BOWP. While I'm trying to fill the questionnaire for eligibility, it says I'm not eligible after this question. I applied through Express Entry under CEC class. My permit is expiring on Nov 26th.

Which situation best describes your work situation?

There is no option for CEC in the list. It has PNP and other options which do not apply for candidates who has AOR and their application is in processing.

Pls advise.

Sharathsonu

Dec 30, 2016
Here is the questionaire

What would you like to do in Canada?

Work

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?

Temporarily - more than 6 months

Which country issued your passport?

IND (India)

What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.

Canada

Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?

No

What is your date of birth?

Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?

No

What is your current immigration status in Canada?

Worker

Does one of the following apply to you?I am subject of a removal order that is unenforceableI applied for a study or work permit before entering Canada which was approved, but not issued at a port of entry; orI am a primary or secondary student with visitor status in Canada; orI am a visiting or exchange student with visitor status in Canada; orI am a student who has completed a program of study that is a prerequisite to my enrolment at a designated learning institution with visitor status in Canada; orI applied for permanent residence and was found eligible (first stage approval) under one of the following classes:Spouse or Common-law Partner in CanadaHumanitarian and Compassionate casesProtected Persons in CanadaLive-in Caregiver in Canada

No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

No

Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who is:a foreign government officer in Canada on an exchange agreementa military personnel assigned to Canadaa participant in professional sports activities or eventsan employee of a foreign news companya religious worker

No

Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

No

Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?

Yes

Do you have a written job offer?

Yes

What is your marital status?

Never Married/Single

What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.

Ontario

Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?

No

When does your status in Canada expire?

November 26, 2017

None of the above

I have this message

You cannot apply at this time. You must have a Labour Market Impact Asssessment issued by Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) is a document that an employer in Canada must usually get before hiring a foreign worker. A positive LMIA will show that there is a need for a foreign worker to fill the job and that no Canadian worker can do the job. A positive LMIA is sometimes called a Confirmation letter. Your proposed employer would have received the LMIA from ESDC.

IrenaIrena

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Vancouver
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Vancouver
AOR Received.
23-05-2017
I cannot submit a BOWP. While I'm trying to fill the questionnaire for eligibility, it says I'm not eligible after this question. I applied through Express Entry under CEC class. My permit is expiring on Nov 26th.

There is no option for CEC in the list. It has PNP and other options which do not apply for candidates who has AOR and their application is in processing.

Pls advise.
What kind of work permit do you have?

Sharathsonu

Dec 30, 2016
I have a Post Graduate Work Permit.
But it shouldn't matter though as I'm applying for BOWP, there should be an option for CEC candidates. I'm answering any question wrong ? I see there is PNP in the list but no CEC or other option that applies to candidates who applied under CEC. This means candidates who are waiting for Passport request under CEC class cannot apply for BOWP ?