May 2023 Outland Spousal Sponsorship

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Today we got a notice in the gc key saying
"Please be advised that your file will be transferred to the visa office in New York. Should you require to contact that office, please ensure that all correspondence includes your complete name and date of birth as well as the application number listed above. You may contact the visa office by e-mail, fax, or in writing as follow"

we are very confused why this happened, everything has been completed since sept 15th, we just have background verification in process for so long.. Can you help, my husband is from USA.
Hi Supreet....is your Husband US National moving to Canada? What is his status in US.
Secondly - Did your husband's file initially was transferred to Canada or India VO?

supreet2324

Jun 3, 2023
Hi Supreet....is your Husband US National moving to Canada? What is his status in US.
Secondly - Did your husband's file initially was transferred to Canada or India VO?
He is a US asylum seeker. The file was in the Mississauga office till date and we just just transferred to New York. Initially it was in Canada. So can you tell or do u know the possible reason behind it!!

sababx

Feb 15, 2017
Calgary
Visa Office......
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi guys!

Curious to know what the AOR letter looks like?

UCI: xxxx
Application No.:xxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxx

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/08/31 on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxx

Is this AOR or just confirmation??

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
He is a US asylum seeker. The file was in the Mississauga office till date and we just just transferred to New York. Initially it was in Canada. So can you tell or do u know the possible reason behind it!!
To be honest - no one can give you any definite answer on this forum, nor should you expect that! Nobody is IRCC/CIC officer, nor they have complete knowledge of your case.
I can only make raw guess - but I wont attempt to do that, as there is so many details that I dont know about your husband's file - starting with, when did he apply, what is his nationality, where did he live most of his life after 18 years of age, etc etc etc. ...Please, do not answer these questions on this forum.

Instead if you are really worried, you should :
1-call CIC call center and ask for update
2-send a webform with your specific question
3-order gcms notes to try to understand what has been done on your husband's file.

Lastly, since your husband is US asylum seeker, its only logical and perhaps good, that his file is transferred to local Visa Office. why are you concerned?

Reactions: YVR123

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hi guys!

Curious to know what the AOR letter looks like?

UCI: xxxx
Application No.:xxxxx
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear xxxxx

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2023/08/31 on behalf of the following member(s):

xxxx

Is this AOR or just confirmation??
Congrats! that is AOR - Acknowledgement Of Receipt (of your application!).

Sep 12, 2023
Hey folks,

Have a question. My partner's GCKEY account just got updated with the status 'Final Decision - Oct 27th: Your application is in progress....'. We already see everything else showing as completed on the ircc tracker. Does this mean Approval? We are quite tense as we do not see any other update or COPR # on the usual ircc tracker.

Appreciate your response.

Timeline:
May 12th Submission
June 18th AOR & Application transfer to other IRCC office
August 10th Biometrics
October 12th Eligibility Completed, Background Check Completed, Medical Request & Pre Arrival
October 25th Medical Completed in tracker
October 27th GCKEY status update

InfoSeeker12

Champion Member
Aug 28, 2012
Canada
LANDED..........
Sep 2013
Hey folks,

Have a question. My partner's GCKEY account just got updated with the status 'Final Decision - Oct 27th: Your application is in progress....'. We already see everything else showing as completed on the ircc tracker. Does this mean Approval? We are quite tense as we do not see any other update or COPR # on the usual ircc tracker.

Timeline:
May 12th Submission
August 10th Biometrics
October 12th Eligibility Completed, Background Check Completed, Medical Request & Pre Arrival
Chillax guys. Cic is not in the business of pranking it's applicants. It's approved guys!!!.... Congrats!
Ppr and copr in few days hopefully.

Oully

Mar 1, 2018
Hello I just got an email on our gckey and it says our file has been moved to New York. I am very worried what does it mean. My husband is from the US, we everything done just background check says in progress, someone please answer ASAP
Same here, we received an email that my husband's file has been moved to New York on October 11, everything is complete but background check. still in progress. Application was submitted on February 15, 2023

supreet2324

Jun 3, 2023
Same here, we received an email that my husband's file has been moved to New York on October 11, everything is complete but background check. still in progress. Application was submitted on February 15, 2023
Our background check was complete yesterday, so know all 4 sections are complete

supreet2324

Jun 3, 2023
Supreet - so when the labels were updated to complete, did you recieve any email - or you daily check your tracker and that's when you noticed it was updated?
I saw it on daily check tracker yesterday and they were all complete. no email has been sent yet to us.? do you know what's next?

Sador90

Oct 13, 2023
Hey folks,

Timeline:
May 12th Submission
August 10th Biometrics
Any updates?